Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I mean it is a very large, very public industry. It seems to be very widespread so the number of people hiding this must be enormous.
    It's also very lucrative and very hard to get into. Of course they'll shield it if there's any of their piece at stake.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Back on the actual topic. The Me Too campaign doesn't revolve around demanding sexual interaction for a job (though that can be part of it based on the individual's experience). This is about women and men letting the world know the extent of which personal sexual boundaries have been breached without consent. This has honestly been a topic for a long time, but now people have found a way to really show the world the numbers of which people have had their boundaries breached.

I applaud this movement, and I think this is something that people shouldn't disregard.
    I completely agree. It has been brought up that some may be doing it for attention. That is the whole point - to bring attention to this. In addition, no one has the right to tell someone else when and if their boundaries have been crossed. That is personal and subjective.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffernut View Post
    That would be the ideal.

I am also thinking Seidhe is laser-focused on the rape aspect. Sexual harassment and abuse does not always equate to rape. Drawing the line in the sand that "it doesn't matter if it isn't rape" is asinine.
    Even people not taking no for an answer is tedious for all involved. Even sadder is that the only 'no' a lot of men take is if you're "a possession" of another man.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Even people not taking no for an answer is tedious for all involved. Even sadder is that the only 'no' a lot of men take is if you're "a possession" of another man.
    Both sides of that are gross. Not taking no as an answer, and only taking no as an answer if the woman is in a relationship. Both show absolutely no respect for the woman.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    Indeed. I am at a complete loss as to why my "nope" is disregarded when it comes to being propositioned whereas if my husband comes into view or makes himself known - all attention stops. Usually with a "Sorry man, I didn't know." Really?! The simple fact that I said I was not interested should be all you need!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I mean it is a very large, very public industry. It seems to be very widespread so the number of people hiding this must be enormous.
    Well the BBC covered it up for 50 years

Ok thread died in sjw femo insane titans. RiP.
    yaya protect those whores who sex-payed for promo. i am talking whores because its clearly sex=money realtions. But yes now they are respectable and want to wash away those sins of past by new social tendences. by saying this i admit that there are some individual cases where woman was raped for real. But i doubt there are many of them in Hollywood industry. Most of those know where they are going. And this act is clearly attention-wise from their part. i mean not that kind of attention u are talking about (attention to women problems) but attention to their persons and trying to remove that bad past which they were right part of.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think that is the coolest title ever and I really hope it is applicable to me!
    #sjwfemoinsanetitan

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seidhe View Post
    Ok thread died in sjw femo insane titans. RiP.
    yaya protect those whores who sex-payed for promo. i am talking whores because its clearly sex=money realtions. But yes now they are respectable and want to wash away those sins of past by new social tendences. by saying this i admit that there are some individual cases where woman was raped for real. But i doubt there are many of them in Hollywood industry. Most of those know where they are going. And this act is clearly attention-wise from their part. i mean not that kind of attention u are talking about (attention to women problems) but attention to their persons and trying to remove that bad past which they were right part of.
    Coercion is not consent.

Deleted
    "Why aren't people reporting this or talking about this if it is so common?"

*Entire thread is about finding ways to excuse predatory behaviour*

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jiggler View Post

Pretty much

If anything it's highlighted the issue

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jiggler View Post

Hey! Some of us aren't being that way, lol. Some of us actually are on the side of those who are coming forward.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Hey! Some of us aren't being that way, lol. Some of us actually are on the side of those who are coming forward.
    Apparently an 'SJW insane titan' for doing that :S

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Someone talked to me once. #MeToo

Seriously most of this shit is probably bandwagon hopping.

Deleted
    It's rather scary that people are either excusing it, dismissing it, deeming it a gender issue or deliberately trolling

Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post
    I don't think you understand much of how the world works, especially concerning money. To such an extent that I barely want to humor you, but whatever.

"Burger flipping" and anything at that wage level is not a fun way to live. It's barely living. It's excruciating.
    Spare me the "holier-than-thou" "I understand how the world really works" nonsense. Living with the consequences of one's actions, even if they are grim, because the agent did what is right, is as old as the concept of morality in itself.

And right beats "comfortable", because it provides a different kind of comfortable - peace with oneself, with one's conscience.

Now imagine that any attempt to move up from an excruciating way of life has to involve dealing with people like this at some point or another. That's really how it is. Not just in Hollywood, but in pretty much every field - as a woman, you will eventually encounter the man in power above you that puts sexual harassment on the table. Some people - and that % that makes up 'some' is still alarmingly high - encounter the man in power who not only puts sexual harassment on the table, he has the power to kick you back to burger flipping. For some of that some, the man in power does not make it an offer or an ignorable offense - instead, he takes it, and he relies on his power to keep you from telling the story. Because having your "dignity" is cute until you're working two jobs and donating plasma just to make rent.
    Again, that is just you tinting with feel-good crap the fact that by doing things that are right, they will have to suffer through a harder existance, so hey, might as well do things that are condenable! Dignity is only a word anyway, just for neckbeards and all these people with any standard of morality. The fools.

They don't understand how the world really works; the one who does, obviously, is the person saying that "Oh no, they will have to suffer through 2 jobs and hardship; life will be excruciating. They were being coherced into becoming millionaires".

Frankly, to try to defend or rationalize the other side with the indefensibly fallacious "hey you can say no" is nothing short of disgusting. It's willfully ignorant to the reality of the world and the driving power of the economy, and that money = life in America. Not to mention being a repugnant human being.
    Deliberate choice is the basis of classical morality since fucking Aristotle. Yeah, "she could have said no" is still a pretty good standard.

But this kind of power dynamic goes even further; my fiance knows all of this stuff. She's got multiple degrees. She's a smart person and she even has an administrative job. But someone hugged and made inappropriate comments to her a couple weeks ago, and she still wasn't sure that she could flat out tell the guy to back off, because there's the lingering fear of "I could lose my job if he complains to my boss." Which I'm fairly certain would not actually happen - either him reporting to her boss or her boss not taking her side - but then, on the other hand, the fear becomes somewhat justified when you see that A) these things have gone to court and ended poorly for the woman before, B) so many companies are so wary of lawsuits that standing out in any legal means makes the company wary of you, and thus more likely to not take your side in future incidents in order to cut a potential legal liability.
    Then she can quit. You don't live with her in a fucking village in Bogota; losing an employer and even a career so you don't go against your conscience is not exactly ground-breaking concepts for any moral philosopher. I fail to see how this anecdote is even relevant.

But really, I just came here to note that hey, once again, a GenOT thread at all related to women is devolving into pure neckbeardism in just a few pages. We can all rest assured that nothing here ever changes.
    Glad to know people will always justify moraly ambiguous garbage with "Life is hard", while trying to make it sound as petulant and intelectually superior than ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently an 'SJW insane titan' for doing that :S
    I'll wear that badge proudly in this case. =)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Someone talked to me once. #MeToo

Seriously most of this shit is probably bandwagon hopping.
    Why is it whenever I hear guys say this I immediately think of a bitter man angry over numerous rejections likely due to creepiness

10+ Year Old Account
    Why is it so hard to believe that this happens? It seems like the disbelief stems from anger that people (read: not just women) are speaking out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    Uh. That is because third/fourth wave feminists have ruined the cause and create(d) the general image that women are just acting entitled.
    IT ISN'T A WOMAN ISSUE

/sigh