Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Really if Japan does not want to let refugees in we should not force them to do so.. And in fact we should keep our noses out of other countries affairs.. As to all intents and purposes it is none of our business what they do when it comes to what they do in their own country to a point..
    Last edited by grexly75; 2017-10-17 at 09:58 AM.

nobody should be forced to accept refugees. do a referendum and ask your people if they want them, plain and simple. we arent a world without borders. and congratz Japan!

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Melius View Post
    nobody should be forced to accept refugees. do a referendum and ask your people if they want them, plain and simple. we arent a world without borders. and congratz Japan!
    Problem is some in this thread are of the type that would do the "hold gun to persons head and threaten to kill them unless they did what they were told" routine, they don't give a crap about a countries right to refuse they just name and shame them instead.. Which is 100 times worse than the issue at the time anyway..

And I too applaud Japan for not kowtowing to the bullies in the West..

Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    Problem is some in this thread are of the type that would do the "hold gun to persons head and threaten to kill them unless they did what they were told" routine, they don't give a crap about a countries right to refuse they just name and shame them instead.. Which is 100 times worse than the issue at the time anyway..

And I too applaud Japan for not kowtowing to the bullies in the West..
    that's pretty much true and i believe that if there wasnt an ocean between america and europe, the us and the canadians wouldnt talk so easily about accepting so many refugees. easy to give lectures and preach when you are so far away from the problem and receive such a small number of refugees.
    Last edited by Melius; 2017-10-17 at 10:17 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Three too many.
    Network Administrator with a desire to be creative. MCSE Server 2016, A+, Network+ certified and an avid gamer.
    Aorus Xtreme RTX 2080 Ti | i9 9900X@ 4.6ghz custom loop | Level 120 Void Elf Protection Warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Just because Japan is shirking it's responsibility doesn't mean Europe and the U.S. should as well. We all have our role to play. Do the right thing.

Also, why are you so angry against refugees who have lost everything Daneman? That's not cool.
    No country should be obligated to take in anyone... you can sod off with your imposing nonsense, which is one of the reasons why a lot of people are hating the EU.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, Japan does not have those diversity, equality and refugee hugging bug. Doing just fine.

Good for the them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daneman View Post
    Japan accepted just three refugees in the first half of 2017 despite receiving a record 8,561 fresh asylum applications, the government said on Tuesday, highlighting the nation's reluctance to accept foreigners.

Only four refugees were accepted in the first half of 2016, when fresh asylum applications totaled 5,011, the Justice Ministry said. Human Rights Watch in January described Japan's record on asylum seekers as “abysmal”.

Unlike other industrialised nations, which have accepted or even encouraged immigration to refresh their labour force, Japan has remained unwelcoming, even though its shrinking, ageing population is a key reason behind the economy's slow growth.

Supporters of Japan's tough asylum process argue that the small number accepted is a consequence of a surge in bogus applications due to changes made to rules in 2010 allowing applicants to work after six months until a decision is made on their claims.

“There appears to have been an increase in the number of people who are abusing the refugee status process,” said Yasuhiro Hishida, an official who reviews applications at the Justice Ministry.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7980586.html

Good on Japan! Other countries should take after them!
    Too busy killing themselves and having no children, I guess.

Yeah and the japanese population is shrinking and the economy is struggling. They'll become less and less relevant eventually. Their GDP has shrunk from 6000 billion to 4000 from 2011 to 2015.

https://tradingeconomics.com/japan/gdp/forecast

If you want to use japan as a shining beacon xenophobe paradise, think again.
    Last edited by XDurionX; 2017-10-17 at 10:33 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Yes, Japan does not have those diversity, equality and refugee hugging bug. Doing just fine.
    No, they’re not doing just fine. But I don’t expect you know jack about Japan or their problems cus you seem to define doing fine as not taking refugees.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, this is part of why Japan has population issues. Their aversion to migrants combined with their declining birth rates is leaving them with a steadily aging population, and a lack of people to care for the elderly.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/02/b...on-births.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    No, they’re not doing just fine. But I don’t expect you know jack about Japan or their problems cus you seem to define doing fine as not taking refugees.
    so the solution is to pump in 3rd world muslim folks and voila problem solved? it seems the japanese dont see it your way. they sure must be stupid....
    There is a void in my heart. Have you come to fill it?

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    Any other country and this would be "they are racist".

Somehow Japan gets pass, because anime, or something. lol

The great irony of all this is.... Japan is well known to be extremely racist towards outsiders. But again, you know, anime and video games, etc etc. So we good Japan. (apparently)
    Japanese are not white. Only white can be racists in the current narrative.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    They are obligated to if they signed agreements they would.

And then there is something called the 'declaration of human rights' - which also has been signed and agreed upon.

The rule of law and making agreements means something in most places.
    Governments are the first things to walk over that paper once it doesn't fit their policies. It holds little value.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    Taking refugees and their problems in wouldn't fix any of Japan's problems either.

At this point all I feel like is rolling my eyes at people somehow using this as a way to make a point about not taking in any refugees.

Btw, wasnt Japan projected to be going down the deepest economical shitter unless they'd solve their aging population problem?
    I agree that it is a bad example to use, in order to defend taking no immigrants what-so-ever. Refugees only isn't that interesting a parameter though, as there's way too much evidence of it being a considerable net loss however one looks at it (economically that is, there are other incentives and reasons of course). It could however be of interest to use as an example in order to compare between that stance and that of my own nation, Sweden, in the long-term (short-term, Japan obviously gains more). We have similar issues with birth rates, and having taken in the most refugees of all of Europe per capita, coupled with a very high, altruistic immigration (ie those in need, not the creme de la creme of their home countries a la Canada, which obviously is beneficial but also anything but altruistic and of little help to the home countries).

Here, basically all reputable economists have reached the conclusion that the high number of refugees/immigrants is quite a large net loss, pretty much no matter what time frame you use (ie, generations ahead), whether ideologically for or against accepting them. Low birth rates be damned. So for those arguing that refugees/immigrants are good due to increasing birth rates, a long-term comparison could indeed be quite interesting to see, because it is certainly not assured that Japan will lose more than we will in the long run, even if they keep to their stance. Obviously there are steps inbetween, not to mention other political solutions than immigration, but nevertheless, it's would indeed be an interesting comparison to see.

They are obligated to if they signed agreements they would.
    Signing an agreement does not mean they are obligated to, an agreement is just that, an agreement and you can change your mind.
    And then there is something called the 'declaration of human rights' - which also has been signed and agreed upon.
    A joke concept as they can't be enforced.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Could you explain this "responsibility"?
    re·spon·si·bil·i·tyrəˌspänsəˈbilədē/Submit
    noun
    the state or fact of having a duty to deal with something or of having control over someone.
    "women bear children and take responsibility for child care"
    synonyms: authority, control, power, leadership
    "a job with greater responsibility"
    the state or fact of being accountable or to blame for something.
    "the group has claimed responsibility for a string of murders"
    synonyms: blame, fault, guilt, culpability, liability
    "they denied responsibility for the bomb attack"
    the opportunity or ability to act independently and make decisions without authorization.
    "we would expect individuals lower down the organization to take on more responsibility"

We have been destabilizing the middle east since the 50-60's

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    Yeah man. The growing disdain for migrants in the EU and the ever so high popularity of far right candidates is definitely fake and the only people who hate migrants are redneck sister fuckers

Do you ever actually interact with migrants or do you live in a gated community?
    say one Word against Refugees and you far Right

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xqt View Post
    say one Word against Refugees and you far Right
    It's almost like people have a post history. Where you can look up other things they had said.

I don't see a problem at all. Yay, Japan!
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================