Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Magical Mudcrab View Post
    With the only planet that has the ability to fight against the Legion immediately beside Argus, it's pretty much the same thing.
    For the future of WoW universe, yeah, but for the sake of discussing how powerful someone / something is for killing time, no. There is quite a big difference in power requirements between blowing up a solar system and blowing an entire universe in a single move :P

Quote Originally Posted by Magical Mudcrab View Post
    What's worse is the cases where members of the Legion killed on Argus claim that Argus will bring them back to life, yet Kil'jaeden never returns. Not sure if it's more funny if the Legion is wholesale lying to its members, or Argus simply forgot to resurrect Archimonde and Kil'jaeden.
    He didn't die on Argus, though. For all we know, it might be possible that Argus' power only works on the planet Argus. We were still pretty far from it when the ship exploded.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    The titans waged all out war with sargeras and that did not destroy the universe in the slightest, so blizz is just being dramatic here.

Sure Argus can blow up a great many things, but undoing life in the universe? Nope if it were that easy sargeras would have done it ages ago.
    Right, while I wouldn't completely rule out the chance that Blizzard decided to throw away logic and just create something cool sounding, I think it's possibly flowery language as well. If a newborn Titan (whose soul was tortured for ages) has enough power to destroy the universe, Sargeras wouldn't even need to create the Burning Legion to begin with. Back then, he didn't know of Azeroth and was only thinking about remove the corruption of the Void from the universe by destroying everything.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

There's a difference between what something is capable of lorewise and gameplay mechanic wise.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    What if Argus was manipulated by Sargeras over millenia entirely so as to bring forth this level of destructive power though?

If a Titan can destroy planets with ease, what would a weapon of mass destruction designed by a titan be able to destroy?
    A cluster? The universe is simply far too vast, even a galaxy would be quite ridiculous in terms of destructive power.

Yogg-Saron had an Extinguish All Life spell, pretty much the same thing. I wonder why these omnicidal freaks don't press their big red button right away if they really have such a power.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    All it takes is an incel at the wrong place wrong time and we won't even know what hit us.

Quote Originally Posted by Sails View Post
    I mean probably less powerful then the other titans in their prime? His been have his energy siphoned for a few thousand years.

- - - Updated - - -

But when you think about it. It's living planet so can it be a....undead planet!

/sarcasm
    I mean that's a perfectly fair point... I predict for the next expansion a new type of hero class. A hero class of a hero class: Planet Death Knights

We can never beat Sargeras for he is, and always shall be... a master ruseman

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post

Do you need to actually destroy all mass in the universe to destroy the universe itself though? Titans can change the rules of creation. Maybe Argus just collapses spacetime in a large enough area to unravel the universe itself (which would be an exceedingly slow but likely irreversible event). I mean Aman'thul traps him out of time and he somehow comes back so it's clear the Titans can to some extend manipulate space time.
    Interesting view, even if a bit far-fetched.

Still, we know that Titans differ from each other. Each Titan has unique set of abilities, unavailable to others. Aman'thul is Titan of Time. Eonar is Titan of Life. Norgannon is Titan of Magic, Khazgoroth is Titan of Matter (shaper of worlds, thats what basically it means), Golganneth is unclear... but he empowered Hodir and Thorim so it seems connected to forces of nature. Sargeras and Aggrammar share a type, they are Titans of Power, specified for direct combat - that's why they were delegated together to the fight against demons and thats why Sargeras decided to convert Aggramar first.

So now, what type of Titan is Argus? So far we have 1 clue, from abilities' descriptions:

"Cone of Death: Argus cleaves the fabric of reality, creating a cone of Death Fog in front of him."

The visual effect matches the description. Argus seems to be Titan of Reality. That makes him either something similar to Khazgoroth, or something far more dangerous. Regardless, Titan of Reality could possibly indeed deal so much damage that Universe itself would collapse upon itself, with its fundamental elements being basically erased. Imagine what Aman'thul could do to Time, if he had evil intentions! I guess we are actually quite lucky that Sargeras is all about brute force.
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    Interesting view, even if a bit far-fetched.

Still, we know that Titans differ from each other. Each Titan has unique set of abilities, unavailable to others. Aman'thul is Titan of Time. Eonar is Titan of Life. Norgannon is Titan of Magic, Khazgoroth is Titan of Matter (shaper of worlds, thats what basically it means), Golganneth is unclear... but he empowered Hodir and Thorim so it seems connected to forces of nature. Sargeras and Aggrammar share a type, they are Titans of Power, specified for direct combat - that's why they were delegated together to the fight against demons and thats why Sargeras decided to convert Aggramar first.

So now, what type of Titan is Argus? So far we have 1 clue, from abilities' descriptions:

"Cone of Death: Argus cleaves the fabric of reality, creating a cone of Death Fog in front of him."

The visual effect matches the description. Argus seems to be Titan of Reality. That makes him either something similar to Khazgoroth, or something far more dangerous. Regardless, Titan of Reality could possibly indeed deal so much damage that Universe itself would collapse upon itself, with its fundamental elements being basically erased. Imagine what Aman'thul could do to Time, if he had evil intentions! I guess we are actually quite lucky that Sargeras is all about brute force.
    Argus seems to be both the Titan of Reality, and Death (Considering the Mythic Phase).

Azeroth is either one of 2 things: Titan of Chosen, or the Titan of Light.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dmerriam005 View Post
    It's over 9000
    When I killed lich king first time I actually did get the 9000 achieve point achieve so that was quite funny.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    Argus seems to be both the Titan of Reality, and Death (Considering the Mythic Phase).

Azeroth is either one of 2 things: Titan of Chosen, or the Titan of Light.
    Argus definitely has a lot of death imagery about him - the choice of a scythe as a weapon, even a skeletal appearance (of a sort) as well as a hearkening to some representations of what Mictlantecuhtli (the Aztec god of death) looked like with his elaborate head-piece. I would probably say that due to Sargeras' influence he would more likely be the Titan of Chaos - death and destruction being key elements of Chaos in the Warcraft cosmology.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2017-10-17 at 11:20 AM.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by OIS View Post
    Yogg-Saron had an Extinguish All Life spell, pretty much the same thing. I wonder why these omnicidal freaks don't press their big red button right away if they really have such a power.
    Because they are all just cool sounding bluffs ? I mean "inflict moderate damage in surrounding area" doesn't really sound cool but "Omega obliteration" makes it sound really intimidating.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Argus definitely has a lot of death imagery about him - the choice of a scythe as a weapon, even a skeletal appearance (of a sort) as well as a hearkening to some Aztec representations of what Mictlantecuhtli (the god of death) looked like with his elaborate head-piece. I would probably say that due to Sargeras' influence he would more likely be the Titan of Chaos - death and destruction being key elements of Chaos in the Warcraft cosmology.
    He is super token bad guy, is there any other choice for a weapon ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    He is super token bad guy, is there any other choice for a weapon ?
    It's rather uncommon - swords and axes well outstrip the scythe as a choice of weapon. But you'd be hard-pressed to choose a weapon more associated with the concept of or association with Death.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    It's rather uncommon - swords and axes well outstrip the scythe as a choice of weapon. But you'd be hard-pressed to choose a weapon more associated with the concept of or association with Death.
    Actually its supposed to (in minds of scythe wielders) show how badass they are for willingly wielding the worst possible weapon. "Im not gonna use weapon that is effective and easy to wield, thats for babies !".

Argus definitely has a lot of death imagery about him - the choice of a scythe as a weapon, even a skeletal appearance (of a sort) as well as a hearkening to some representations of what Mictlantecuhtli (the Aztec god of death) looked like with his elaborate head-piece. I would probably say that due to Sargeras' influence he would more likely be the Titan of Chaos - death and destruction being key elements of Chaos in the Warcraft cosmology.
    Scythe doesn't need to mean anything, Blizzard could have thought it would be cool.

Skeletal appearence? Maybe... but its really really subtle. His weird helm actually matches similar helmets of some other Titans, as seen in this picture: https://wow.gamepedia.com/File:Pantheon_stars.jpg so the similarites to Aztec god of death are most likely coincidental. And, most of all, death is in the domain of void, and as Argus is certainly not a Void Titan, it would be extremely weird for him to be death related.
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Actually its supposed to (in minds of scythe wielders) show how badass they are for willingly wielding the worst possible weapon. "Im not gonna use weapon that is effective and easy to wield, thats for babies !".
    For a being on the level of a Titan or similar class I don't think the logistics of weapon balance or surface area really matter - he'd probably be just as a lethal with a rock or a string of Origami cranes. The choice of scythe is really just to cement that death association, it's a projection more than a martial decision. It needs a Staff version, though - my Warlock could really get behind having this as a weapon appearance.

Could Argus the Unmaker be the child of Light and Shadow? Argus used to be the Eredar, now deep in Fel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    Scythe doesn't need to mean anything, Blizzard could have thought it would be cool.

Skeletal appearence? Maybe... but its really really subtle. His weird helm actually matches similar helmets of some other Titans, as seen in this picture: https://wow.gamepedia.com/File:Pantheon_stars.jpg so the similarites to Aztec god of death are most likely coincidental. And, most of all, death is in the domain of void, and as Argus is certainly not a Void Titan, it would be extremely weird for him to be death related.
    I think Argus' portfolio is more in the vein of Destruction, with death being the byproduct. But it does feel like there's strong death imagery there regardless, perhaps only a sardonic joke on Sargeras' part as he's using the Titan Argus as a sort of "cosmic reaper" to usher in the final push of his Burning Crusade. Argus doesn't have the Warcraft Necromantic or Void thematic flourishes.

Quote Originally Posted by Diggster View Post
    inb4 someone tries to claim LK Arthas is more powerful than a planet
    The Lich King is the only raid boss that actually killed the raid. Argus couldn't do that because LK is better. Also, LK's ultimate ability flat out kills everything including Argus meanwhile the LK can only be killed at the Frozen Throne so even if Argus ended creation if the LK wasn't at the Frozen Throne when that happened then LK would live.

10+ Year Old Account
    For a being on the level of a Titan or similar class I don't think the logistics of weapon balance or surface area really matter - he'd probably be just as a lethal with a rock or a string of Origami cranes. The choice of scythe is really just to cement that death association, it's a projection more than a martial decision. It needs a Staff version, though - my Warlock could really get behind having this as a weapon appearance.
    Cough, seeing how he struggles with that whole "winning" thing, perhaps he should pay it a little more attention

Quote Originally Posted by FluxAureo View Post
    https://clips.twitch.tv/ColdbloodedMildRavenRaccAttack

Spoilers about Argus boss fight (P3 to P4 transition).

Argus is possibly the strongest creature we ever battled.
    Mythic Argus Empowered by Sargeras is even stronger.
    That fight reminds me a little of the Malthael in the Reaper of Souls.