Are Reroll Guilds Still a Thing?

Instead of joining an established guild as a stranger, you had the option to join a guild that had just been created, and almost everyone was a stranger. I always found I made more friends that way than joining a regular, established guild. Leveling and gearing up with people that you got to know more and more through the process was really fun.

Is that still done?

Never even heard of such a thing tbh. Most people just re-roll and get their current guild to gear them within a reset or so at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    Never even heard of such a thing tbh. Most people just re-roll and get their current guild to gear them within a reset or so at this point.
    It used to be a thing several years ago at least. No idea if it's still being done. Wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't with how many heirlooms there are, plus boosts.

Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    They were big before the guild overhaul in Cataclysm. People who wanted to jump realms and meet new people would all reroll together and level up. Goal was for everyone to be on equal iLvL equivalents at max - this was before catch up mechanics and such as well. When they added Guild perks lots of those little quirky guilds like twink guilds and leveling guilds faded out of existence

10+ Year Old Account
    That actually sounds like fun. I do agree that it is somewhat harder to break into the social scene of a larger, more established guild. I see that happening in my own guild that I've been with for majority of my WoW career. I'm solid friends with the people I've played with over the years but newer people have a hard time feeling welcome, etc since everyone has their own mindset of who's "in" the guild...idk if that makes sense.

I do try to be as nice to new guildies as possible and be inviting. But there is a cliquish nature to very old established guilds.

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    They were big before the guild overhaul in Cataclysm. People who wanted to jump realms and meet new people would all reroll together and level up. Goal was for everyone to be on equal iLvL equivalents at max - this was before catch up mechanics and such as well. When they added Guild perks lots of those little quirky guilds like twink guilds and leveling guilds faded out of existence
    Ah yeah I suppose if you mean a full re-roll, not just to gear a new character up. A fresh start for everything. That I've seen, but not seen in a long time.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, what we've just gotten used to call social guilds then.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karzerus View Post
    It used to be a thing several years ago at least. No idea if it's still being done. Wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't with how many heirlooms there are, plus boosts.
    I remember these. If they do still exist and are recruiting their recruitment messages are totally drowned out by raiding guilds. It's very difficult to find out anything about guilds other than raiding or PVP guilds.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

On my high pop server (US Tich), there are constantly new guilds for a range or purposes: rerolling, raiding, keystone dungeons, PvP, social casual or some combination of these.