Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    God I hope not.

I have played the game for 12 years, same char, I would NEVER start over in another game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    I dont think FF14 ever passed WoW in active subs.
    during WoD era it did, and u can find at least 1502 topic about that here in mmo champion, it was literally in last month blizz decided to report numbers
    BTW FF still report numbers while wow stopped since the disaster of WoD, which is 100% their fault, the amount of 'content' in that 'expansion' is lower than patch 3.3 alone, and let's not compare it with legion that has dierreha of content (either u like it or not is not the point, because no one will ever like everything for sure)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by santa666 View Post
    Well.. The fact that they reported exact sub numbers for what..10 years and then stopped during wows all time low sub numbers should give you an indication of how bad it is.
    If they magically got back to old sub numbers rest assured they would make a PR stunt of it. But...they haven't ?
    They did report that Legion launch has more numbers than WoD, and WoD had 10 million at launch so we know that Legion - at launch - had more than 10 million
    However I do agree with u, if they kept those numbers i bet they would back to show their epeen after FF14 had more subs than them during WoD latest days
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

I hate everything about the idea of "wow 2"

EEEHMMMmmmm absolutely NO!!!

Why: Simply because of one thing: They released a buyable pet shortly ago as well as a mount.

AND: they gave you a mount with the blizzcon-ticket. So why should they do give a pet that will be used for what: 6 months.

WHY should they do it if there was WoW 2? No, the shitstorm would be far too big. If there was a WoW2, then they would need to import all mounts that are available in WoW to WoW 2 including all battle-pets too. Too much work.

So NO; THERE WILL BE NOT A WOW 2 ON THE NEXT EXPANSION, IF EVER.

And ADDING NEW SPELL ANIMATIONS FOR 1 PATCH: ABSOLUTELY NOT!

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    during WoD era it did, and u can find at least 1502 topic about that here in mmo champion, it was literally in last month blizz decided to report numbers
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...on-Subscribers

This was the last official report on sub numbers for this game, during a VERY bad time. Anything since has been speculation, with the figure depending on the personal agenda of the player.

Out of those 1502 topics about this shit, how many had actual facts from both companies enabling them to compare? Because I've seen people throw around "FFXIV has around 800k subs" to "It has 10 million subs!!" in the past month alone. I remember in 2016 how someone equated 5 million accounts made to 5 million active subs as well, akin to if WoW was to claim that 100 million accounts created = 100 million active subs.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-on-the-market

Found the thread in question.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-10-17 at 11:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    BTW FF still report numbers while wow stopped since the disaster of WoD, which is 100% their fault, the amount of 'content' in that 'expansion' is lower than patch 3.3 alone, and let's not compare it with legion that has dierreha of content (either u like it or not is not the point, because no one will ever like everything for sure)

- - - Updated - - -

They did report that Legion launch has more numbers than WoD, and WoD had 10 million at launch so we know that Legion - at launch - had more than 10 million
    However I do agree with u, if they kept those numbers i bet they would back to show their epeen after FF14 had more subs than them during WoD latest days
    Yeah I remember that.
    I also remember that FF14 reports on total accounts made, not active users like Blizzard did for WoW

The idea that FF14 has more ACTIVE players then WoW has no basis in any facts.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Personally, I'd be conflicted to try a WoW 2. I've spent a lot of time and money playing World of Warcraft. I have a lot of things I've collected over the years that I enjoy - pets, mounts, transmog, toys, etc. I've leveled a lot of characters. I doubt Blizzard would port all of that in WoW 2, thus I wouldn't be compelled to even try WoW 2. Using the example of updated engines/graphics - I don't personally care about that, at all, so it's not a selling point for me anyway. Besides, Blizzard has updated pretty much everything over time. The original game looks way different than it does now, especially with things like water, lighting, shadows, sunshafts, textures, character models, updated old models (like Troggs, now), spells, etc. Why make a new game when the current one can be expanded upon in every aspect?

My opinion isn't everyone's, but I'm sure a lot of people wouldn't want to simply leave behind the progress they've made in WoW. It would be a big risk for Blizzard to just start all over - even if they had both MMOs running at the same time. Maybe they'll take this venture on someday, but it would also be a bit unfair of them to start a story over the course of WoW (Void Lords, now), and pick it up later on in another game entirely. The only way, story-wise, that it would work is if there was a major time jump for WoW 2, where we have a reason to learn about the world again, as well as the past we haven't heard about.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    As an active and informed player you no doubt remember the maintenance day when they greatly increased realm population caps prior to Legion launch. An event which pushed nearly all realms down the pole with respect to the full-medium-low scale. If you don't remember that perhaps you should question how well informed you are.

And no, no one at all outside of Blizzard has any idea whatsoever what subscription numbers are. Not you, not me, not anyone that's posting here.
    Last official numbers were back in Q3'15 at 5.5 million worldwide including China and Europe. I don't want to argue on WoW sub numbers because right now they are definitely not at 12 million worldwide what we had during Wrath days and if you disagree on this statement I don't know what else to say, it is a common sense.

We can discuss how good the Legion expansion is but to capture new audience you don't really need perfect expansion, yes, it will somewhat appeal to current player base but it will not bring more subs. I'm not saying the game is bad and WoW team is doing a horrible job, on contrary, they are doing amazing job, no wonder WoW is still goto MMO after 12+ years, however, it is on a steady decline due to reason mentioned by many other people here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...on-Subscribers

This was the last official report on sub numbers for this game, during a VERY bad time. Anything since has been speculation, with the figure depending on the personal agenda of the player.

Out of those 1502 topics about this shit, how many had actual facts from both companies enabling them to compare? Because I've seen people throw around "FFXIV has around 800k subs" to "It has 10 million subs!!" in the past month alone. I remember in 2016 how someone equated 5 million accounts made to 5 million active subs as well, akin to if WoW was to claim that 100 million accounts created = 100 million active subs.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-on-the-market

Found the thread in question.
    I admit i stopped care about FF since I liked legion a lot, and even if i plan to take a stop because no flying in argus i still consider legion far better than any exp i played since wrath (I almost didn't play cata)
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    As for sub numbers, considering microtransactions and token transactions create a harsh discontinuity between subscriptions and revenue, subs are no longer a proper financial metric for the game so there is little reason to report them considering those reports where created for shareholders, NOT stakeholders.
    I've said this a couple of times over the last few months but it bears repeating. The video gaming industry generally has moved its metrics toward standards like MAU. When an entire industry cares about an MAU measurement and does not give one fuck for how many subscribers you have--since no one else reports active subscribers it's become a completely meaningless number for comparison--what you report is going to change.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

WoW2 is a business risk that no business would undertake.

Everyone with a brain cell knows this.

I will say this: If the last battle against the Void does happen when King Anduin is an older man (He appeared to be about 60 in the "Son of the Wolf" comic) then it is very likely that battle happens in another game. Our characters are at least about 10-20 years older than Anduin (I believe Anduin was about 10 in classic), and all of the Human characters would be in their 70s to 80s when the final battle happens.

I doubt we would be playing characters that old. Especially when some people create their characters to be old.

So I can see either World of Warcraft 2, or a Warcraft 4 for that story line.

However, that might happen several years in the future.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    One other thing is where are they going to dredge up a story? As we have seen over the years they have revealed and killed off most of the most notable characters in the Warcraft world that people know of and can relate too..

It would be very hard to get an original story from the start as a lot of people would then be asking where is this NPC and where is that NPC.. If there was going to a WoW 2.0 it should of been done years ago not long after the initial release of WoW..

Case in point Everquest was released in 1999 and in 2004 Everquest 2 came out, as you can see not that big of a time gap.. With WoW you had 2004 being the release it is now 2017 thirteen years later, too much time has passed and a lot has changed in that time..

One last thing in looking for info on EQ release dates came across an article talking about how EQ2 is slowly dying for reasons they go into in the article..

http://www.mmogames.com/gamearticles...quest-2-dying/

Even when WoW ends (8, 10 more years?), it's unlikely they'll make another MMO until there's a huge demand for it.

Right now, the genre is dead, MOBAs and Battle Royale games are what people want. Quick online matches with no story or persistent worlds.

Those looking for a story, prefer a good singleplayer game with an open world, which is why CRPGs are suddenly popular again.

WoW and FFXIV survive because players feel attached to what they have achieved and collected, new MMOs are dead on arrival.

I'm sure new technologies will be developed in the next couple of decades that will allow studios to explore concepts that would create a new demand for large online communities and persistent worlds. Maybe along the lines of what No Man's Sky promised and Star Citizen keeps promising, a vast universe with millions of players interacting at once. Maybe using VR. Who knows.

Right now, we know what a MMO is like, and most people choose not to get into them. A WoW 2 right now would not be succesful enough to justify its 8+ years of development, and definitely not bring nearly enough content to compete with its predecessor and all its expansions.

Deleted
    Like others have said: WoW 2 would be way too risky move as a business right now.

Eventhough it's just pixels, a lot of people are very attached to "their" pixels. The potential backlash would be insane.

The only "fresh start" scenario that might be realistic at some point –imo– would be something like:

* We need to move away from Azeroth for [obvious reasons]
    * We move to a new planet where we basically start fresh and have to work our way up from scratch because we are relatively weak on this new planet
    * You keep all your Achieves, mounts, yadayada
    * Azeroth will still be available via some 'Caverns of Time'-like portal
    * They market it like "the feeling of a fresh start we all have been longing for"
    * They now have a completely blank canvas without a lot of the downside of a completely new, standalone game.

Quote Originally Posted by zenpai View Post
    Like others have said: WoW 2 would be way too risky move as a business right now.

Eventhough it's just pixels, a lot of people are very attached to "their" pixels. The potential backlash would be insane.

The only "fresh start" scenario that might be realistic at some point –imo– would be something like:

* We need to move away from Azeroth for [obvious reasons]
    * We move to a new planet where we basically start fresh and have to work our way up from scratch because we are relatively weak on this new planet
    * You keep all your Achieves, mounts, yadayada
    * Azeroth will still be available via some 'Caverns of Time'-like portal
    * They market it like "the feeling of a fresh start we all have been longing for"
    * They now have a completely blank canvas without a lot of the downside of a completely new, standalone game.
    That's... actually not too bad of an idea. An expansion introducing the first continent of a brand new world that players would watch grow and evolve.

I mean, many would probably dislike leaving behind the planet that Warcraft 1-3 happened on, but the concept of being part of something like the founding of Durotar is intriguing. To be one of the first settlers of what will become large capitals, to be an invader to native species like orcs were in Warcraft 1, to have a renewed sense of wonder and discovery now that we know almost everything about Azeroth.

I really hope Blizzard makes WoW 2 soon. It's needed and defeating the Burning Legion is a good wrap up for Classic WoW.

This is a fan using Unreal Engine 4
    Last edited by nyc81991; 2017-10-18 at 09:03 AM.

But we're already at WoW 7?
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

Quote Originally Posted by ldev View Post
    But we're already at WoW 7?
    Nah, We are playing World Of Warcraft expansion 6. WoW 2 would be an actual sequel. Like Guild Wars to Guild Wars 2.

Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    I really hope Blizzard makes WoW 2 soon. It's needed and defeating the Burning Legion is a good wrap up for Classic WoW.

This is a fan using Unreal Engine 4
    These age terribly. Just look at Rift - on launch it was amazing, shield absorb effects were amazing. And tried Rift last year - shield absorb on a mage looked terrible, meanwhile Power Word Shield on Priest still looks passable.
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english