Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds so goddamn lame it could actually be the NEXT WoD-tier expansion!

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    How about another alternate reality expansion where we travel to Earth?
    To the 1980s! Fight the evil Communists in Bafganistan, gaining faction with mysterious and mystical desert warriors known as the Zaliban. Learn new skills allowing you to fire Stinger missiles whilst mounted on trusty Zaliban steeds. Fight the CIAA and Narcotrafficantes in Folombia as they try and import drugs to the fabled United Estates. Use your flying mounts to dump defoliant on drug crops in Daily quests, and gradually progress to a final raid in which you have to fight through Hablo Tescobar's estate, facing both his varied cronies and his ferocious zoo of animals. The multi-hippo boss fight will haunt your dreams! As will the final confrontation, where you have to try to delete Tescobar's "Cocaine Bar" by taking it yourselves before he can get to it! Don't OD or you'll be no good when he gets into his attack helicopter for the final boss stage! Soak that coke!

Oh god oh god oh god I'm going to hell and I didn't even write down 1/10th of the horrible ideas I had for a "WoW: 1980s" expansion.
    Last edited by Eurhetemec; 2017-10-18 at 02:50 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raptar View Post
    Blizzard never will do a PvP focussed xpac
    The question is, what does that mean? Does it mean more PvP content in addition to the PvE content, which goes along with the story? Then sure. PvP could use some more content, new battlegrounds, maybe some world PvP content. As long as it's only to support the faction war story and we still have the same amount of PvE content we always have, and nobody is forced to do PvP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Narveid View Post
    Pre April 2018 sounds too early to me, even if the rest is OK. As it is right now, it just sounds like you've heard the voice lines and seen the Kul Tiras leak, and threw this together. Then again, it might be true for all I know *shrug* We'll see in a couple of weeks.
    Agreed. Not a chance in hell.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    This. Also calling fake; in no way would Holinka be given that much control over an expansion's main focus when his tenure as PvP lead has been an unmitigated disaster by every reasonable metric.
    Holinka = the new GC, e.g. the single person everyone whines about when it is fact a team of people making the decisions.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TidesOfWar View Post
    - Launch Date: Unknown for now, but pre april 2018.
    MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Good Joke. Whats next, the next xpaqc wont have FFA and no beta? roflmao

- - - Updated - - -

PVP is a key focus.
    never gonna happen silly.

- - - Updated - - -

- Level up to: 115
    Yeah thanks for proving its FAKE

Yeah, it really sucks but this is all I can think of. Guess start of november you will see it's true!
    That's better, fixed that for you.

Am glad the game still have young teenagers like the op playing, good for the future

Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    No way they're making a pvp focused expansion when pvp has become such a marginalized activity. Not to mention that it would compete with Overwatch (and lose) because Overwatch is a much better form of team player versus player combat.
    Agreed. While the PVPers will not like this, PVP has always been a "bolt on" to WoW. It has never had the same focus as PVE. While I am not a PVPer I can agree that PVP gets a bad deal sometimes. However, bad deal in the past or not - it is not going to become the "focus" when the game IS predominately a PVE game.

If anything, at least this thread shows me that the opinion that PvP is but a side feature of the primarily PvE WoW is quite prevalent
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

I'd buy most of that but lvl 115 is just dumb. They stopped doing that for a reason

What he lists here isn't even an expansion. That is basically a new patch.

If the focus is pvp, I quit. (and I'm betting I wouldn't be in the miniority)

Quote Originally Posted by klanker5 View Post
    You lost me at that, the only thing Anduin is good at is weeping over the remains of his disenchanted father.
    He's definitely always been a pacifist but then he's never lost his father and had Jaina throw a hissy fit at the same time. I can quite believe him reaching breaking point and I can quite imagine Jaina being a motivating force (once she calms down a bit and stops the tantrums).

The next xpac will focus on kfc and watermelon
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Anyway stop being such an ass fucktard.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivium666 View Post
    Would you kindly go fuck yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by Jalham View Post
    Cataclysm raised the level by 5 only from 80 to 85. So it did happen before.
    Just saying.
    Yes and then again from 85 to 90, but after that they did comment (no I cant be bothered to find a quote) that they found 5 levels felt "unsatisfying" and they are unlikely to do that again. Of course unlikely doesnt mean never - but I would be surprised.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's very underwhelming (which is why I am inclined to believe it), sounds like a filler expansion or some new method of Blizz. Cap is 5 levels higher, then unlock another 5. Would explain an unexpected early release which would be a positive to share holders and many players.

Also, isn't the posters name the title of the expansion? Tides of War? Looks like a clever trick or based on what he saw, was not sure if it was a mini title of sorts for the pre-expansion not knowing with 100% certainty if it was the actual expansion name.

I have a feeling this is fairly legit albeit anemic on details...but that is to be expected since Blizz has to go to great lengths to keep a lid on things so close to the reveal.
    “We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.”

Just the pvp part is what makes this completely false they have tried forcing people into pvp before and it fails every time. so no way is an entire expac going to be based on a very small part of the game. I have seen alot of so called leaks on here which a couple were fairly good fanfic and at least showed they tried this one YYYAAWWWNNNNNNNNN.........

I understand your weariness and that of everyone else for that matter. Guess start of november I get credited ^_^.

I get your weariness, but you'll take that back the start of november .
    Considering you made two fatal flaws in your "leak" that's not likely. First, they said they weren't going to do +5 again, it'd be +10 levels. Secondly they won't do an entire expansion focused on "PvP concepts". Nice try though.

10+ Year Old Account
    This isn't true (obviously) but if it was, it would be the worst xpac in the history of xpacs.

With the success of pubg i dont find it weird for blizz to make a zone of war (silithus)... some people still believe in pvp and that this time they will do it right... also since holinka still works in blizzard it may have convinced them to do it
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.