Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I've enjoyed ToS a lot. I really dislike maiden purely because one idiot can wipe the group. Mechanically it's actually pretty cool and unique. It's worth noting that I only clear heroic each week and don't mythic raid and from what I've heard about mythic ToS my opinion would be different if I did.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    If you're a rogue and your interrupt costs energy so you gotta dps while keeping an eye on energy bar and not let it fall under a certain treshold that's not fun at all
    But most classes have (or at least, had at that time) an interrupt, so you weren't forced into bringing just rogues to interrupt. You were forced to bring rogues for Avatar. It's still vastly preferred to have rogues than other melee on it

I hate tos because of what the mechanics are, I could do the raid for a year easy if it wasn't for that.

It certainly isn't the best raid, but I don't find myself hating it after 20 or so clears. I think the main reason is the lack of trash mobs, THANK GOD.

Nighthold (and to lesser degree EN/ToV) had tons of trash that isn't fun, wastes time, and just encourages people to AFK through it, slowing everything down even more. It was the first thing I noticed when clearing ToS, almost no or little trash between most bosses. In most cases there are 3 mobs/packs or less between bosses with the main exception being the trash before Host (which is also annoying trash due to banishing, silencing, and needing dispels).

As far as bosses, nothing that stands out as an awesome fight but they aren't all awful either. Least favorite are DI, Sisters, and Avatar. Yes Maiden can be a PuG killer, but I've also been in a PuG that 1 shot it as you can lose some people (just not tanks) and still complete it np. You often can't bounce back on other fights if you have too many deaths, but that one you can keep on, especially if tanks solo soak.
    Avatar is the one really F U melee fight this tier, which sucks, they almost made a raid that didn't one a huge one, but nope.

Deleted
    It´s a raid that goes together well with the aberration of a patch that 7.2 was. Lack of creativity, busywork, poor camera, similar fights, low number of bosses, poorly developed characters (especially KJ who could have used an actual build-up in the story that did not unfortunately exist at all during those 12 or so weeks)

Very poor. 7.2 in general is the reason why Legion does not score high in my list. Other than that it has been quite decent

Deleted
    If you're a rogue and your interrupt costs energy so you gotta dps while keeping an eye on energy bar and not let it fall under a certain treshold that's not fun at all
    Understandable. Interrupts shouldn't cost a resource, it should cost a cooldown. They ought to get rid of a resource cost on a basic skill so few people use fully.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    And if we go even more back, raids like ICC allowed you to switch per boss basis so you could skip some harder bosses and progress in non-linear order, the only requirement was to kill tier bosses to access HC Lich King, but he was the hardest anyway (as it should be), so no one had to do harder boss before easier ones. And yes, I remember doing stuff on normal then switching lootship to hc.
    you mean like nighthold?

aside from the first 3 and last 2 bosses NH was completely non linear exactly like ICC

Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    Understandable. Interrupts shouldn't cost a resource, it should cost a cooldown. They ought to get rid of a resource cost on a basic skill so few people use fully.
    They changed that with mop iirc, prior to that kick did a little dmg too and had energy cost
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    you mean like nighthold?

aside from the first 3 and last 2 bosses NH was completely non linear exactly like ICC
    Yep, but NH didn't have weekly stacking buff, that "buff" required farming AP to 54 traits (pre 7.2) and many people got burnt out from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Yep, but NH didn't have weekly stacking buff, that "buff" required farming AP to 54 traits (pre 7.2) and many people got burnt out from it.
    no, it had TF gear and a ton of nerfs instead

BRF remains the pinnacle of raiding, at least in terms of mechanics/fun. Other raids may have had a better overall package, but BRF had consistently fun and interesting bosses, even if the aesthetic of the place wasn't all that great.

I rank Tomb of Sargeras somewhere between Heart of Fear and Trial of the Crusader.
    And I actually liked ToC more than most.

Compared to a lot of other mid tier raids its extremely lacking in quality: Ulduar, Firelands, Throne of Thunder, Blackrock Foundry. These are so great that they are often picked as one of the best raids in the game. I hardly like any of the boss fights and I find Kil'Jaeden to be a huge let down, both the fight and his conclusion to the story. The Tomb itself doesn't even look remotely like the Tomb in WC3, which looked more like a sunken temple with a lot of aquatic features that gave the place its charm. This version looked like a generic night elf temple. Hoping for Antorus to be much better.

The terms of service have done little to impact me over the years, nor have they changed in a way that will impact me in the near future. I don't like them in the same way I don't like the constitution of the United States. They both prevent me from being a mischevious miscreant but that may be a good thing for both my person and the welfare of the community.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

10+ Year Old Account
    I think I am liking raiding less and less each expansion simply due to repetitive mechanics.

In all fairness, there are only so many things you can do when it comes to raid bosses and Blizzard has practically done it all already.

TOS honestly is very boring in my eyes. Emerald Nightmare was also super boring.
    Selling myself out below

Deleted
    It doesnt have a resource cost.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard forgot that rhythm of a raid encounter is important and shouldn't be too chaotic. If I had to choose between Patchwerk encounter and Trials of Soaking encounter - I would go with Patchwerk.

They are trying to shove too much motor skill into stat driven game.

How I long for the bosses of old. Everyone on boss, Boss does ability that damages people or spawns adds, healers healing affected players or dps kills adds, everyone on boss again. Phase change. New ability replaces old ability or adds to it. Rinse and repeat. DPS/HPS checks. All Blizzards needs to do is to change visuals, story and the set of abilities. But no, each new tier has to have more chaos than previous tiers. Soak those pools, soak in a line like this, run away from each other, carefull don't fall off.

And then people wonder about the toxicity in pugs.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Ula View Post
    It doesnt have a resource cost.
    It did in cata and was annoying as fuck, i remember going combat on halfus just because of higher energy regen compared to assa
    Last edited by D3athsting; 2017-10-20 at 10:44 AM.
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Absolutely hate it, but some boss kills were some of the most satisfying I've ever had... It's a weird one.

Deleted
    loved hc, hating most of mythic, hard to judge