Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Interesting he claims it's a shot at C'thun.

I figured it was Sargeras, beaten, trying to kill Azeroth.
    Azeroth's heart is below Silithus.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Swarzey View Post
    Seems a little small but given it's limited to a single zone, it's about what I expected. The size of the sword sticking out of the wound is going to have a considerable impact on the scale of it. The pulsing from the wound is a nice touch and really adds to the fact Azeroth is a living, breath entity.

I do like the theory of him trying to strike C'thun. Given the damage that was done when Y'Shaarj was killed, if he could kill C'thun likewise, then it would likely be a blow that could be catastrophic to Azeroth. As a lot of people have asked, Azeroth is a big farkin place, he could have struck a major capital city, sacred lands etc, but the location of an Old God? It wouldn't surprise me if it turns out Sargeras shattered C'thun's prison beneath Silithus. Given the way Blizzard has rolled from one expansion to the next since Mists, there's a good chance this is what begins the event of 8.0 in some capacity.
    We are 100% going to see some kind of AQ rewamp. Be it raid, or dungeon, like Kara. But having a raid instance so close to all of this? That just screams 'REMAKE ME'

Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    Definitely not a shot at C'thun. This location he hit is exactly over the subterranean heart chamber we visit during the Magni scenario. Sargeras was just doing the classic "if I can't have her nobody can" as his final act.
    Isn't this completely and totally unconfirmed?

Quote Originally Posted by Theoris View Post
    Azeroth's heart is below Silithus.
    Azeroth's heart is probably in the center of the planet, it's below everywhere.

Hard to say how big it really is because this video isn't even flyover, the dude is hovering around the wound.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Interesting he claims it's a shot at C'thun.

I figured it was Sargeras, beaten, trying to kill Azeroth.
    I'm 99% certain he's wrong. I think Sargeras was just taking a desperate last shot at Azeroth after realizing he can't control her essence like he did with Argus. I think he's realizing he lost and he won't be able to continue his Burning Crusade, so he tries to leave by finishing off the strongest titan. I don't think he even really knows about the location of the old gods.

More importantly is the fact that (I think) people discovered that the location of Azeroth's heart might actually be underneath Silithus. It could be unimportant or Blizzard could have used Silithus as a map for other reasons, but that Magni scenario where we visited her heart seemed to be placed under or near Silithus. It could just be that Sargeras was trying to strike one of her vital points.

Deleted
    It kinda baffles me that there is a big ass scar across the Barrens, yet it's not pulsing or noone is trying to collect the blood of a titan and suddenly, the wound in silithus is somewhat special

I guess Sargeras was aiming at a vein or something

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Isn't this completely and totally unconfirmed?
    If unconfirmed you mean Blizzard hasn't specifically ackowledged it, then yes. But you can bug your way out of the facility and fly up to see for yourself. It's the exact location of the sword wound. Is that really a coincidence?

Ask yourself what's more likely - Sargeras attempting to do one good thing in his last moment of freedom by destroying C'Thun (and at total random since he has no idea where C'Thun is on Azeroth) but accidentally wounding Azeroth in the process (and also keep in mind it's "unconfirmed" whether C'Thun is still kicking). Or is it more likely Sargeras has one last moment of selfish rage and attempts to mortally wound our Titan by hitting it in the exact spot of a Titan monitoring facility that he knows existed.

Also as a side note - we know Azeroth's heart is not below Silithus, it's just where the chamber is that monitors her life force.

Occam's Razor my friend, the more assumptions you have to make the more unlikely it is you're correct.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Quote Originally Posted by digichi View Post
    ahhh nice catch. i hope they use it more often.

they are also showing off those starry void textures in there (as well as in SoT) so im thinking we're gonna see more of those too.
    It seems they can now animate textures. That could be interesting for Old God stuff, make their skin look like it's moving or has stuff crawling under it.

They could even replace some of the cheap looking spell effects, such as mobs having a layer of red paint on them when enraged, by making their skin turn red instead.

I wonder if it can be applied to gear. Having a cloak with an animated texture of smoke or fire would be dope.

Looks amazing - the glowy effect is awesome. I thought the middle bit would be a hole but its all raised up and boxy. Imagine if they leave the giant sword jammed in the earth and you can see it from miles away!

If unconfirmed you mean Blizzard hasn't specifically ackowledged it, then yes. But you can bug your way out of the facility and fly up to see for yourself. It's the exact location of the sword wound. Is that really a coincidence?

Ask yourself what's more likely - Sargeras attempting to do one good thing in his last moment of freedom by destroying C'Thun (and at total random since he has no idea where C'Thun is on Azeroth) but accidentally wounding Azeroth in the process (and also keep in mind it's "unconfirmed" whether C'Thun is still kicking). Or is it more likely Sargeras has one last moment of selfish rage and attempts to mortally wound our Titan by hitting it in the exact spot of a Titan monitoring facility that he knows existed.

Also as a side note - we know Azeroth's heart is not below Silithus, it's just where the chamber is that monitors her life force.

Occam's Razor my friend, the more assumptions you have to make the more unlikely it is you're correct.
    No, it probably isn't a coincidence. But the much more likely option is just that they had to put the chamber somewhere, and they were already doing a bunch of map stuff with Silithus and didn't want to chance bugging and crashing the Broken Isles server instead. So they threw the chamber down there where it was easy to find and that was that.

I don't think either is likely.

1) How would Sargeras even know about it?
    2) Occam's Razor suggests that the most likely thing is that he just threw the sword at the planet. It happened to hit Silithus (which wow, what do you know, is an almost entirely empty zone that, even post-Cata only has about 20 quests in it and as such is not something people need to visit often or that involves a lot of important stuff being destroyed).

If anything you are making too many assumptions. Assuming the map placement means anything (if the sword hitting that chamber is a plot point, why wouldn't they show that the chamber is in Silithus? Seriously, people should be considering this more than anything else. If the location was going to be a big deal, they would have shown us where it was.). Assuming that Sargeras knew about that chamber. Assuming he knew its exact location. Assuming that, mid fight/imprisonment, he managed to precisely hurl his sword at the exact spot where he knew that the chamber was going to be underground, from space.

And beyond that:

Sargeras' entire point is preventing the void from taking control of a World Soul. Why would he target the Titan facility that monitors the World Soul for danger and corruption, i.e. leave the World Soul more defenseless against corruption? That's exactly the opposite of what he wants.

Doesn't it make a lot more sense that Blizzard just threw the chamber over there for convenience. And Sargeras hurled his sword at the planet in one last desperate attempt to destroy it and prevent the void from taking the World Soul?

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    -snip-
    Sargeras would know about the facility since it was built by the Pantheon's Titanforged keepers during the ordering of Azeroth, back when he was their champion and not a bad guy.

Also, his goals are to prevent the void corrupting all life by destroying all life himself - he's fucking insane, he'd rather see a universe without life than a universe with void corrupted life. Right now he's trying to rebuild the Pantheon by rebuilding the Titans in the fel (probably because he thinks a war with the Void Lords is inevitable and the greatest power in our universe is the one he's trying to build). Sargeras is absolutely all over the "either I assimilate you into my legion or I kill you to prevent void corruption". Which is exactly what he would have been trying to do here. Sageras' body is larger than Azeroth, there's no reason why him hitting the chamber with his sword from space is unrealistic.

None of that is assumptions, it's literal fact from established lore.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Sargeras would know about the facility since it was built by the Pantheon's Titanforged keepers during the ordering of Azeroth, back when he was their champion and not a bad guy.
    He wasn't with them, he was hunting demons. He didn't even knew where Azeroth was for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    He wasn't with them, he was hunting demons. He didn't even knew where Azeroth was for a long time.
    Perhaps, but I still think him aiming for the facility is the most likely explanation - he would at least know it was there by now. Blizz wouldn't make him hit this location in particular just by picking a name out of a jar, there's a significance behind it just like there's a significance to every other major story point they push out.

Sargeras absolutely wouldn't have known about the chamber; the Legion wouldn't at all. The Legion had spies, they would have known the planet as well as we did but not even we were aware of the chamber. There's significance to the location, you're right there without a doubt, but the facility wouldn't have been known to him at all. But he would have been aware of the Old Gods and their prisons and potentially shattering the chains of C'thun's would cause significant harm and damage to the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn, I was hoping the entire sword would be stuck in Azeroth.
    Garrosh did nothing wrong.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

Quote Originally Posted by Frumpy Frumpy Frak View Post
    Damn, I was hoping the entire sword would be stuck in Azeroth.
    It will be, but it's not visible yet in map previews due to it still being encrypted.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Looks... Quite smaller than i expected
    Quote Originally Posted by thesmall001 View Post
    Looks a lot bigger than I thought it would be.
    The perfect encapsulation of this community's opinion on every topic in the first two replies to this thread.

Anyway, looks cool, but a bit flat. Should look more interesting when the sword is visible.

Quote Originally Posted by Swarzey View Post
    Sargeras absolutely wouldn't have known about the chamber; the Legion wouldn't at all. The Legion had spies, they would have known the planet as well as we did but not even we were aware of the chamber. There's significance to the location, you're right there without a doubt, but the facility wouldn't have been known to him at all. But he would have been aware of the Old Gods and their prisons and potentially shattering the chains of C'thun's would cause significant harm and damage to the planet.
    To be fair, Sargeras is a Titan himself. He would know where a Titan's heart is, similar to you see another person, you can tell (Or at least, reasonably guess), that his/her heart is located near her chest instead of somewhere else.

Also, Sargeras has plenty of years possessing Medivh to study and find out about those Titan facilities. So it's not far fetched that he knows something about them.

However, I highly doubt he's aiming at the Old God. Whether it's a villainous cliche "If I cannot have you, then noone will", or one last attempt to kill Azeroth to stop void from taking her over. He's definitely aiming at Azeroth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sarethen View Post
    Surprised I haven't seen this on here yet.

Link
    Not really related to the topic, just find that guy's intro quite awesome.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    It seems they can now animate textures. That could be interesting for Old God stuff, make their skin look like it's moving or has stuff crawling under it.

They could even replace some of the cheap looking spell effects, such as mobs having a layer of red paint on them when enraged, by making their skin turn red instead.

I wonder if it can be applied to gear. Having a cloak with an animated texture of smoke or fire would be dope.
    Not sure the textures are animated, could just be two texture layers with one increasing and decreasing in opacity, or just manipulating emissive/diffuse values or lightmap properties.

Also, wasn't the old water effect an animated texture?