Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelcryo View Post
    Yeah ok so they're gonna add 3 new races that would all require lore, possibly their own city, their own starting zones, art work, animations, voice lines ect. What makes even less sense is that they would add 3 races, instead of just 1 to each faction. At most we'd get one for horde and one for alliance like we did before or one neutral one for both factions again like we did before. Why create extra work for yourself when you have so much other expansion content to work on when either of those options would be enough, there's no need for both? Answer: They wouldn't.

Not only is it a stupid design decision from the points I've mentioned but also if they were adding those three races into the game at some point, they wouldn't do all 3 at once. They know people would be happy with 1 new races so adding two would be amazing. Why throw out 3 at once, creating a load of extra work that'll detract from actual expansion content and waste possible "features" from a future expansion? People are always going to enjoy new races so you wouldn't just throw them out in random groups instead of using them to attract people to future expansions?

Finally the choice of races is questionable at best. We already have two sets of Elves, unless they added it as a sub race why would we care about another faction of elves that look exactly like ones already in game just with different eyes?

I can't wait for Blizzcon just for the fact it'll stop these stupid attention grabbing bait threads...
    They have more than tripled their design team from a couple years ago. Seems plausible.

Ogres will never be a playable race. Naga won't either, just to throw that in. Ethereals could work with some pretty hefty editing, but i don't see that happening either.

Why are you constantly posting bullshit on these forums?

There's no reason to believe Ogres would join the horde. They haven't really done much since vanilla and even then it was relegated to some dungeon nonsense nobody cared about. We've seen Vrykul get a ton of attention this expansion, they're one of the most likely and you don't include them in your imaginary post? What about the subsect of night elves in Suramar? If anything we'd be getting subraces.

You have to know that you're going to appear like even more a fool when the expansion reveal happens and none of what you said is in it, right? Why set yourself up for that? What do you have to gain out of looking like a liar?
    Last edited by Silver Forte; 2017-10-20 at 12:41 AM.

any1 can claim they have source that works at blizzard, untill i have this in writing form the source im calling bs

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    My only question is why high elves? What does high elves have to do with the widely expected theme of the next expansion (void / south seas). It makes no sense. I tried to pry it from my source but they wouldn't go into any more detail.
    It's probably related to Alleria coming back (and turalyon)

i really want to be an enh shaman ogre. dont let me down jaylock!

10+ Year Old Account
    I would think Arakkoa instead of high elves. Ogres and ethereals make sense.

When I read the second Chronicles the way they described Ogres and specially Arakkoa read to me like class descriptions.

Ethereals would make sense if they are going to go the void route and it would also make sense them being neutral.
    "Can a man still be brave if he's afraid?"
    "That is the only time a man can be brave."
    -Lord Eddard Stark

They have more than tripled their design team from a couple years ago. Seems plausible.
    You missed the point completely, that takes some doing!

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Ah so no actual source unlike the OP?

Gotcha.
    I have a source from Blizzard that says this isn't going to happen, I won't tell you who they are but I have a source from Blizzard.

Your move.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Silvercrown View Post
    There's no reason to believe Ogres would join the horde.
    I don't believe the thread but ... https://wow.gamepedia.com/Stonemaul_clan

10+ Year Old Account
    So...how would High Elves work? We already have Blood Elves and they look physically similar except for the eyes. Would they slightly modify the High Elves? They won't make them look the same I wouldn't imagine because it'd just feel weird.

7+ Year Old Account
    3? get the fuck outta here

Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    I have a source from Blizzard that says this isn't going to happen, I won't tell you who they are but I have a source from Blizzard.

Your move.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't believe the thread but ... https://wow.gamepedia.com/Stonemaul_clan
    Think I'm more inclined to believe the OP than you. Sorry.

He's actually given direct evidence to me in the past about it. All you have is word of mouth which well isn't very reliable now is it?

Might still be in my PM inbox tbh.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-10-20 at 01:59 AM.

Deleted
    Right, so Horde gets a brand new race, while Alliance gets Blood Elves with blue eyes ...

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    Plus.. High Elves? You mean they just give blood elf models to alliance and relabel it? I mean.. blood elves ARE high elves... only the eye color is different
    They are actually 100% the same. The Blood Elves are literally just High Elves that changed their name after the Scourge invasion, that's it.

Then again, this is a Jaylock thread so that was all we needed to debunk it.

Quote Originally Posted by Silvercrown View Post
    There's no reason to believe Ogres would join the horde.
    They already are, really. The Stonemaul Clan/Tribe is part of the Horde.

We've seen Vrykul get a ton of attention this expansion, they're one of the most likely and you don't include them in your imaginary post?
    The Vykrul story is basically done now. If they were to be added as a race it would have been during the time they were relevant. If Helya was still around it could have worked ("I still can't leave Skyhold. Go forth, join the [faction] and bring her to justice while they're out at sea!"

Their story's wrapped up and I don't see them being relevant again in anywhere near as large a scale.

Also, there's no way they're going to come out with three races at once.

7+ Year Old Account
    This seems to be Blizzards year to really make WoW shine!

I have sources close to Blizzard that say we will be getting 3 new races in the next expansion. Yes you read that correctly, 3 NEW RACES. They are sleighed to be:

- Ogres (Horde)
    - High Elves (Alliance)
    - Ethereal (Neutral)

The reason for 3 is because Blizzard really wants to push the fantasy and choice options for races continually in the future. Additionally, adding races is a "low impact, high value" proposition because there is no balancing like there is when they add new classes. A new race is essentially cosmetic, and players love cosmetic things in the game.

As for the 3 races and the "why?" behind them, all i got out of my sources is "this expansion seemed like the appropriate time to introduce these races to the game as playable options."

So it seems like the theme of the expansion really does hint toward some void influence (since Ethereal are highly involved with the void). I can only guess Ogres because players have been asking for them for years, and they thematically fit the horde. Also, ogres would fit the pirate theme that a potential south seas expansion could bring. I have no idea about why high elves though. I don't see them fitting into a void / south seas themed expansion at all, but who knows.

Feel free to believe or not believe, but we shall see soon enough in less than 3 weeks.
    I really hope thats true but most likely not cause then blizzard would have to give us 3 more character creation slots.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarocket View Post
    So...how would High Elves work? We already have Blood Elves and they look physically similar except for the eyes. Would they slightly modify the High Elves? They won't make them look the same I wouldn't imagine because it'd just feel weird.
    They would probably have unique animations for movement, spells and abilities. Something more regal and noble, not as emo/anime as Blood Elves. A unique racial. Remember, we live in a post-Pandaren era. The previous reason of having the same racial outlines no longer exists, whether that be right or wrong. No one expected neutral Goblins to be Horde or playable Worgens. No one certainly expected MoP or Pandaren. TBH, anything is possible.

All I needed was to see "neutral" to read BS. Thanks for making it quick at least!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't Jay come out with incorrect "leaks" several times already? Why would we believe this one?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Megas Elekmatos View Post
    All I needed was to see "neutral" to read BS. Thanks for making it quick at least!
    I take it you haven't played the game since Mists of Pandaria launched...