Poll: Progression Vs. Drops

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I actually liked a single weapon progression. It had some issues, but mainly because of Blizzard's blunders with AP and the Crucible. Get that under control and it's an improvement over the all-or-nothing weapon drops of the past.

I think the system would be even better if you could forge your own weapon at the start of the xpack. Nothing too crazy, but decide if you want an axe or a sword with a few proposed models, or if a caster decide if you want a staff or one-hander+offhand, with the possibility of changing that later on without affecting stats.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    if you have a 915 weapon drop, and someone else playing your spec gets a 955 TF you lose on dps by a mile everytime unless that person is mentally retarded.

if you have 915/915/915 relics and they have 915/915/955 you're only a 1/3rd as much behind compared to scenario 1, so yeh TF weapons would be so stupidly valuable they would outshine TF'in 10 other pieces of gear for some classes.

of course they could get 3*955 relics but that really requires some truly ridiculous luck at this point you have to accept blizzard has assigned them as topdeeps just accept it.
    i guess it's a glass glass half empty situation

you have more chances of upgraing your weapon, but it also takes way longer and way more luck to max it out

Deleted
    Both. I want them to drop again but I wanna keep the progression system. Make it about your character rather than the weapon .

Quote Originally Posted by Cazz17 View Post
    Why would they have to remove Tf?
    People do not like it when someone gets something better than them.
    Felpooti - DH - Echo Isles
    Hack - Warrior - Echo Isles
    Pootie - Hunter - Echo Isles

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    Both. I want them to drop again but I wanna keep the progression system. Make it about your character rather than the weapon .
    I don't think they want to make AP style progression systems bound to the characters themselves, since when its bound to an item they can just take that away and make room for something else in the next expansion.

I don't think the progression system is bad but I would rather have it in some other form than tied to a weapon.
    Weapon drops were usualy the most exiting drops and I guess this new system took away some of that exitement.

Drops not being all that exiting has been an issue WoW has struggled with for a few expansions now though so it's not just that but still, artifacts didn't help. Getting relics is not at all as fun as getting a new sword.

Artifacts are basically the current version of justice/valour points, and I prefer the old system over this current one. Artifacts are fine, but they're incredibly limited compared to a universal PvE currency that you can spend on multiple different rewards. AP is just a static player power resource that only gives you incremental buffs at a time, levels itself in the background until the AK cap without any player interaction, and is sometimes inconsistent in its acquisition.

I really hope they go back to a proper universal PvE currency system in the next expansion, because getting a consistent baseline reward from every activity that can be spent on power upgrades, cosmetics, utility items, or crafting resources is a much better system than the current one.

Heck, artifact weapons could still stick around so long as you upgraded them with a universal PvE currency rather than artifact power.

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    I like the artifact system, but i really really miss fist weapon on my enhancement shaman

Quote Originally Posted by Achilles55 View Post
    If they added weapon drops back they'd have to get rid of titanforging (which I would love). If Titanforging remains then I'd prefer the artifact system.
    This 100%.

Deleted
    I'd prefer to stick with a progression weapon. I found it a better system, i prefer to constantly work at the one weapon than constantly hunt for an upgrade.

I wasnt a big fan of the artifact system going into Legion, but it's really won me over. Although I wish it had a skill tree vs the get every skill deal we have now, but for the most part it's solid, with the mod items.

A while ago someone floated the idea of our characters forging our own weapons, that would work the same as the artifact system, except we name the legendary weapon, choose it's appearances, etc....

I really hope a system like that shows up next go around.

Quote Originally Posted by Cazz17 View Post
    Why would they have to remove Tf?
    Because weapons make a much greater impact on your character than other item slots so getting titanforged weapons would be retarded,

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    isnt it better to get one weapon to TF than for 3 relics?
    Relic titanforging doesn't really mean anything since having bis traits is all that matters. At least for the classes/specs I've played.
    Ltachilles
    <Forgotten Guardians>
    Area-52

Deleted
    Weapon drops. Only improvement I would add is something like token system. I am mainly talking about PVE. Every single boss kill provides tokens, higher raid difficulty, more tokens. If I have no luck to get my precious weapon drop from boss at least my farm has not been waste of time and gained tokens can be traded in to the weapon. ++ level for weapon (lets say legendary craft) - max level for weapon could be gained by some hard legendary quest which provides weapon stats enhancing.
    I would love to see something like this because simply adding passive stats is just boring.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm one of those torn feelings kinda people, I like having a weapon that progresses with us, but at the same time the WAY it progressed for the last 2 tiers is boring as could be. Here you go an AP token from the boss, oh boy I only need like 200 more of these and I can get like 200 more vers to my weapon! YAY! /endsarcasm.

IF they improve upon how the weapon progresses throughout the whole expansion and they give them a little more variety I'd be happy. Just using Paladins as an example here; Every single weapon variant for ret looks like it's the ashbringer still, but Prot vary so completely they look almost nothing like their other skins, while holy is pretty much the same giant hammer with a book belt.

Would be nice if every tier had a questline like the balance of power to awaken a new form for the weapon, but the baseline can be done in LFR while the other colorations require normal. Feels kinda sad that the last time we got a new artifact appearance was back in 7.2 and we won't ever see new ones.

Relics are boring, too many are bad traits even with the Netherlight Crucible, too much RNG involved when there's already so much RNG. Granted weapon drops can be RNG as hell. I remember back in ICC that I went the entire tier without being able to get an upgrade shield for my holy paladin and it was so frustrating.

TL;DR I like artifacts, but they need some work. They should also progress throughout the whole expansion with new traits/powers as well as new appearances every major content patch.

Get rid of AP and crucible, then I will like the progressing weapons. If they really want to make me(and others I am sure) make the weapon transform when you change specs, that way you don't have to keep up on 3-4 weapons if you like playing all the specs. I play Unholy but like to play frost when I solo, I hate that I have 6 total relics and AP, to keep up with. Not a huge hassle, but still a hassle.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Regalbeast View Post
    Artifact weapons have been one of my favorite features added to WoW. Really love the progression of a single item throughout an entire expansion.
    ^

I really liked it, but not sure how they can solve this next Expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    artifact is boring, weapon drops were something to look forward to every tier... Without weapon drops the only items worth getting excited for in raid tiers are trinkets, not fun.

And get rid of titanforging.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Achilles55 View Post
    Because weapons make a much greater impact on your character than other item slots so getting titanforged weapons would be retarded,

- - - Updated - - -

Relic titanforging doesn't really mean anything since having bis traits is all that matters. At least for the classes/specs I've played.
    yeah, but having bis traits AND high TF is better than just bis traits

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    Weapon drops felt super awesome back in the day, but if you haven't raided in Legion then you wouldn't understand what a huge pain in the ass titanforging is and how detrimental it'll be for classes that rely on their weapons (and even more so for dual wielding classes). Imagine the difference between a 955 and a 930 weapon. Now imagine the different between a guy who has 3 930 relics and a guy who has two 930s and one 955. The gap is still there, but it's not very significantly.

To put this into perspective in a different way: Imagine if you opened a chest and got three 955 relics. How fucking crazy would that be?! That's what a 955 weapon drop would feel like. Now factor in dual wielding again. That's SIX relics instead of three. Imagine being a dual wielding class and needing to get that same amount of luck twice. The difference between good and bad weapon drops will be gigantic next expansion if they go back to that and keep titanforging as is. =/ it's a nightmare.

What I would propose instead is a system where new weapons drop in the raids but make them upgrade-able somehow as well. Not forever, though. Like... they can only go up to the current titanforging cap and they also can't exceed a certain number of item levels. Take right now for example. Mythic drops 930 baseline. The cap is 955. Make the weapons upgradeable a maximum of 25 item levels but not exceeding 955. This would mean that a base mythic item would eventually be up to par with maximum titanforging. This means you can't run LFR and get the weapon and then upgrade it up to cap. They can still titanforge higher from any level, and titanforging remains exciting because it means your weapon can now either go further than what it would have been able to had it dropped baseline, or, in the case of mythic raiders, they will now be able to reach max level faster than others would be able to.
    I totally get that. But then again,the titanforge system are fucking garbage imo. One of the reasons i don't raid anymore.
    You must gain control over your gold or the lack of it will forever control you.