Quote Originally Posted by Svinoi Banana View Post
    Holy crap, fuckin sold. Been meaning to pick up a Link at some point anyways. Don't know much about the game, but treating it as an 80% discount on the Link alone is freaking incredible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cost me £14.49 total (ish), I had more than half that in my Steam Wallet anyway from flogging cards, so figured why not.

Deleted
    Kind of shocked at how cheap the link is compared to normal price.
    Either it was waaaaaay over priced before or steam just aren't selling them.
    Even then, that's a huge discount.

No buy for me though, don't have any tv's in the place

My guess is that they have a new model coming out. Some of the complaints have been how it's underspecced.

Given how quickly the Steam Box hype died down, I feel like their push to get Steam into living rooms kinda went poorly. Valve has sure been quiet about both for a while now.

Deleted
    Wow, had forgotten all about the steam box.

Wow, had forgotten all about the steam box.
    Pretty much everyone has : P

Including Valve - http://store.steampowered.com/sale/steam_machines

No updates in hardware since 2015.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only TV I have is a big giant CRT that doesn't have HDMI ports, so I can't even run a blu-ray player in it, and my PS3 doesn't even look right playing on it. Think it's not worth it until I wake up in this decade.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    The only TV I have is a big giant CRT that doesn't have HDMI ports, so I can't even run a blu-ray player in it, and my PS3 doesn't even look right playing on it. Think it's not worth it until I wake up in this decade.
    Tsk, the tv i have in my room doesn't even have a SCART! Also... it's been years since i plugged in my consoles and that tv... When i feel like playing a PSX or PS2 game i use my disks and an emulator on Pc.... i'm such a pc gamer now. :S
    Here was a level 85 Enhancement Shaman. Now there is just an epitaph.

10+ Year Old Account
    My TV has 6 consoles plugged into it

10+ Year Old Account
    I have no idea what the trigger for it is, nor how many people will have it but I have a 50% discount voucher for Civ 6 deluxe edition if anybody is interested.

Is it just be or are the games in Humble Bundle getting really rubbish recently?

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Given how quickly the Steam Box hype died down, I feel like their push to get Steam into living rooms kinda went poorly. Valve has sure been quiet about both for a while now.
    They also have free versions of this on Smart TVs, so I think they've just switched strategies to not competing with this console generation....which with the PS4 Pro and Switch turned out to be impossible competition. Instead they just want wider exposure for their storefront. I was so tempted to get this bundle b/c I wanted a link forever, but I have a Samsung TV so there's really no reason for it.
    BAD WOLF

That Steam Link thing is just the in-home streaming feature to a dedicated box instead of another computer?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eugene Fitzherbert View Post
    That Steam Link thing is just the in-home streaming feature to a dedicated box instead of another computer?
    Yes, the Steam Link just Streams from a host computer to another device or tv. I would highly recommend anyone even slightly interested in picking this up, my wife and i use the Link to stream stuff from our desktops all the time (rarely stream games though). For instance I know we stream stuff like Blizzcon Virtual Ticket to our TV from a desktop with it every year.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

10+ Year Old Account
    So it streams things that aren't just Steam related?

I suspect they got a second generation coming, and are ditching the old ones quickly,.. ?

and lol,. shipping is downright expensive compared to the bundle,.. wtf
    Already got airparrot so don't need it,. but heck. that's a funny deal.
    Last edited by bbr; 2017-10-20 at 04:40 PM.

Deleted
    Guildie just bought one for delivery (UK). £7 delivery charges.

Yeah, picked up the bundle last night because even with the shipping fee it's still cheaper than I think it's ever been just to purchase before shipping.

Pretty excited to give it a spin to see how it works out, hopefully the wifi signal will be strong enough with the Link since it won't be too far from the router (just on the other side of a wall) and my computer is wired, but we'll see. If it ends up being kinda poopy for games, at least I should be able to use it to stream video and shit from my computer to my TV.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mine will be about 3 feet away from my wifi point so should be decent, if not, I can swap a couple of bits about and get it wired in.