Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Serpentsatellite View Post
    Is your "buddy" Jay going to ignore me too? Or else he can just pass on everything I say about you, so you can respond seconds later...
    I'm also pretty certain that Jaylock uses multiple accounts. I don't post much until lately, but I've read a lot of his "topics". Can't prove it, but he doesn't make it too hard to figure out. I mean, look at his avatar and signature on the "Jaylock" account. Pretty clear he enjoys "baiting" people, so we all know what kind of poster he is. Threads like this one that have a dozen other threads exist, but he doesn't feel special until he makes his own. And claims he has a "source". XD

As for being on topic, even though it's a flimsy topic at best, is: Bullshit.

This is the same shit that's on the forum every week and Jaylock is just parroting that same dead horse. Source? What's your source? The thread from last week saying Alliance would get High Elves and Horde would get Ogres? Pfft, c'mon mate, you're gonna have to do better than that if you want to get away from being the laughing-stock of MMO-C.

Quote Originally Posted by Ibbi View Post
    High Elves would look too similar to Blood Elves, basically giving the Alliance their fair skin pretty elf race. Not too sure about this one.

Ogres are too damn big. They're larger than the Tauren, and how would this work out with entryways/doors and mounts? Unless it's a midget ogre race.

Ethereals sound cool. I think they could work out to be playable.
    Now I want a gnome-ogre race

7+ Year Old Account
    High Elves would look too similar to Blood Elves, basically giving the Alliance their fair skin pretty elf race. Not too sure about this one.
    Always reminds me of Wildstar where both factions have a human race who both look quite identical except for a few hairstyles and face options. If i remember the lore right they were also once one and the same but then went different ways and hated eachother. I think it would work for high elves in WoW too, lorewise it isn't illogical. But yeah, maybe it's kinda boring at the end, even if they give them new customization options.

Ogres are too damn big. They're larger than the Tauren, and how would this work out with entryways/doors and mounts?

Moonkin share the same skeleton and animations of Ogres. Having them the same size as Moonkin wouldn't really be an issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    Moonkin share the same skeleton and animations of Ogres. Having them the same size as Moonkin wouldn't really be an issue.
    This is why i think my source is real. They already have all the groundwork to make Ogres playable. They would just have to make a female variant, and they did that just fine when they made Worgen into a playable race.

Quote Originally Posted by jibrilbenes View Post
    It makes sense to me because the naval units from WC2 were Ogre for the Horde and High Elf for the Alliance.
    This is literally the only reason I have any thought this might be correct. We are going to kul tiras, we will be involved heavily in the oceans, there is a proper chance this could end up correct based on history alone. And history always repeats itself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niovi View Post
    I think there's always a way to implement and explain a new race. Look at worgen, they weren't really essential for cataclysm lore if i remember correctly. Just give them a new starting zone with some explanation why they join either alliance or horde, or both (like pandaren), or beeing neutral and everything is fine.
    They would have to tie them into the story. Being that they are from Draenor and Outland, two expansions have passed and it is unlikely that we go back there. That is why I would say their time has passed. Sorry man =(

High elves are enough why even bother with the other two races

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MHMabrito View Post
    This is literally the only reason I have any thought this might be correct. We are going to kul tiras, we will be involved heavily in the oceans, there is a proper chance this could end up correct based on history alone. And history always repeats itself.
    Well we are also going to have a three-way Windrunner sister drama, two of which are races that aren't represented as playable in the game. Moreover, Arator is the child who binds the Shadow and Light. He is perhaps the most important character moving forward. While he is technically half-human, he is portrayed in game as a High Elf visually. It would be very odd to have 3 key characters of races thatcannot be played. In fact, I think it is highly unlikely... I can't think of anyone outside of Rexxar that is.
    Last edited by The Iron Fist; 2017-10-20 at 10:13 PM.

It makes sense to me because the naval units from WC2 were Ogre for the Horde and High Elf for the Alliance.
    Quote Originally Posted by MHMabrito View Post
    I like this a lot.

- - - Updated - - -

circa 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Master Chief View Post
    Alliance : High Elves

Horde : Dragonspawn

edit: This is obviously fake.

15+ Year Old Account
    Not only that. The Silver Covenant probably left Dalaran with Jaina, meaning they could easily be based in Kul Tiras now.

Likewise, the ogres have always been tied to the goblins, so I wouldn't be surprised to see them working and living in Undermine.

We've seen a female ogre in World of Warcraft: Traveler.

And anyone who says "high elves are blood elves with blue eyes" lacks imagination. Even amongst humans look at how many body types there are. Make high elves more lithe, lighter-skinned, different hair styles and animations, different facial features.

It would literally be as easy to make the two races visually distinct as it would be to make two visually distinct human beings.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    i actually didn't think about this. That is a good point. Maybe she has a faction of high elves that are loyal to her under the Alliance?
    Or maybe give them a strong figure to get behind. I wouldn't exactly follow Vareesa or Arator.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    What if Alleria is the key to playable High Elves, huh? After all, she clearly has a distinct look from BElves now. And would probably fall in line with the Alliance considering her history, her not-dead sister, and her Husband.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

How do you know though? Do you have counter proof that shows on the contrary? Yep, thought not.
    Actually I have counter proof

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...highlight=leak

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    What if Alleria is the key to playable High Elves, huh? After all, she clearly has a distinct look from BElves now. And would probably fall in line with the Alliance considering her history, her not-dead sister, and her Husband.
    ...the blue tattoos?

Why High Elves and Ogre's? Neither of them had anything to do with the current content.
    I'd expect Nightborne and Ethereals as both being neutral.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    ...the blue tattoos?
    Either you didn't do Seat of the Triumverate yet, or you skipped that cutscene.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Either you didn't do Seat of the Triumverate yet, or you skipped that cutscene.
    It's not like she stands around in permanent void form once that's done. It's an ability, not a racial trait. I mean... priests literally have that same ability.

I'm sort of confused what the suggestion here is. All Alliance High Elves would just be permanently in that state? Looking sort of see-through and like they've ascended?

I mean, don't get me wrong. It's cool. But that would step on the Night Elves' toes quite a bit as the dark elf race, and what would the customization be? That's a very specific look, it's going to be wonky as all hell with pink and chestnut haired void elves walking around. Presumably the color of the void skin would be a customization option, but anything other than purple/blue is going to immediately stop looking void-like. Green is going to look fel-based, red fire-based, and white like your a constellar.

I have sources close to Blizzard that say we will be getting 3 new races in the next expansion.
    If real your source is risking his or her position by leaking information. Companies takes a very serious view on leaks and the consequences can be very severe.

Secondly, if your source is a close friend, you are putting his or her position in jeopardy by spreading the information.

Either you are lying or not you do not care much about the danger you are putting your source in. Both actions are not good.

Mods should come up with a rule that if your leak is wrong... You're perma band.