Quote Originally Posted by treeqt View Post
    nah go ahead and tell me
    so did druids bring a more desirable toolkit than paladins/shamans or not
    still waiting btw
    why do you think i do not know what hpals are capable of
    Because you asked multiple times and reminded us that you had asked us to explain it to you. I'm no longer going to be responding to you until you post something actually worth discussing in this thread.
    Leafcast - <Don't Laugh At My Giraffe> Proudmoore

10+ Year Old Account
    this is the dumbest thread

the reality is even if resto druid did less hps than hpal/disc priest in argus, the spec is the most mobile healing spec in the game, and never dies. If it even does remotely competitive output it is a great prog spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Supliftz View Post
    this is the dumbest thread

the reality is even if resto druid did less hps than hpal/disc priest in argus, the spec is the most mobile healing spec in the game, and never dies. If it even does remotely competitive output it is a great prog spec.
    dont Forget that it is by faaaar the most enjoyable heal spec.

What they needed to do was make t20 stronger so that there wasn't this ridiculous split-tier gearing if you weren't fortunate enough to pick up mythic t19 pieces, or full-on using previous tier gear in a new raid. T21 looks promising, though.

Resto a good prog spec is true as long as some encounters got horribly tuned from the PTR.

Then those encounters get evenually hotfixed and you are like "Well...my mobility ain't that much of a deal anymore".

We've been lucky we got no real Cenarius 2.0 ToS edition, we dodged a big bullet there.

Btw, our mastery and FR will get nerfed in the next balance cycle. I'm pretty sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Purpleisbetter View Post
    Then those encounters get evenually hotfixed and you are like "Well...my mobility ain't that much of a deal anymore".
    Mobility matters a fuckton on the two relevant encounters in Tomb... FA and KJ. Specs without mobility suffer a ton on those fights. Priest was barely viable on KJ until the fight was nerfed, and the Priests that did kill it went Goblin just for mobility.

Druids always say their mobility means nothing and it's such a meme at this point. Mythic raiding in 2017 is about efficiently handling mechanics now, and mobility and survivability are the two cornerstones of beating hard bosses.

To be fair aerial mobility was the bigger concern in kj. Which is wildly different, you could have 300% move speed at all times and you'd still need to go goblin. Mages have some trouble with this.

The blizzards idea was that people would kill the tank add to handle the center orbs.
    Then players realized it was way easier to leave the tank add up and push phase transitions and with no grip, you need something to handle that.
    And shadow and disc are pretty great at the 2 fights beyond that factor, although holy admittedly struggles.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazzeric View Post
    Mobility matters a fuckton on the two relevant encounters in Tomb... FA and KJ. Specs without mobility suffer a ton on those fights. Priest was barely viable on KJ until the fight was nerfed, and the Priests that did kill it went Goblin just for mobility.

Druids always say their mobility means nothing and it's such a meme at this point. Mythic raiding in 2017 is about efficiently handling mechanics now, and mobility and survivability are the two cornerstones of beating hard bosses.
    I wonder how shamans and palas made it through.

You're joking, right? Divine Steed will actually save you on KJ from bad soak into singularity rng. Feather won't. The vast majority of Resto Shamans take Gust of Wind on KJ which is probably the best personal mobility CD in the game on that fight.

Druid has everything it needs to be a successful progression healer, especially if it jumps ahead a couple of specs in output next tier.

Deleted
    no need to wonder, there's plenty kill videos/logs online

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wild View Post
    dont Forget that it is by faaaar the most enjoyable heal spec.
    Personally prefer holy priest with binding heal (really interactive and full of fun) but druid is a close second with 9 out 10 casts being instant.
    Also completely agreeing with the spirit of this thread, it's not like people didn't know ahead of time resto druid would be unviable for tomb progression. Ofc they were right: movement, mobility, survivability??? That counts for nothing during progress. It's always about raw potential hps (ofc not taking deeprooted and cultivation into consideration; too situational), so many crazy healing checks in this game. And don't get me started on hots, inherently inferior to direct heals... a tragedy.
    Last edited by mmocf9c4bcbfba; 2017-10-21 at 10:28 PM.

Does somebody know, if that T19 4pc nerf is included in 7.3.2? Official patch notes (https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/2112154) do not say anything about that, but it's listed in http://www.wowhead.com/news=273360/a...in-patch-7-3-2

Quote Originally Posted by losmarios View Post
    Does somebody know, if that T19 4pc nerf is included in 7.3.2? Official patch notes (https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/2112154) do not say anything about that, but it's listed in http://www.wowhead.com/news=273360/a...in-patch-7-3-2
    From the looks of it its in, looking at my T19 it says 1% instead of the 1.5% now.
    Professor Johnston often said that if you didn't know history, you didn't know anything. You were a leaf that didn't know it was part of a tree. ~Michael Crichton, Timeline

Yes, the tier changes are live now.

Apparently its a big nerf...and big change in hps

Quote Originally Posted by Koenigstiger View Post
    Personally prefer holy priest with binding heal (really interactive and full of fun) but druid is a close second with 9 out 10 casts being instant.
    Also completely agreeing with the spirit of this thread, it's not like people didn't know ahead of time resto druid would be unviable for tomb progression. Ofc they were right: movement, mobility, survivability??? That counts for nothing during progress. It's always about raw potential hps (ofc not taking deeprooted and cultivation into consideration; too situational), so many crazy healing checks in this game. And don't get me started on hots, inherently inferior to direct heals... a tragedy.
    In fact,the viability issue is a concern for the next tier.

This one ppl kept riding the now dead shoulders+t19 combo (that, btw, greatly enhanced the healing on the move).

Shouldn't takes a degree in physics to understand how exposed resto druid if we get another tier bonus and properly tuned fight.

Dont act like any of you really killed KJ and FA in the first month prior the first flurry of nerfs.

In fact,the viability issue is a concern for the next tier.

This one ppl kept riding the now dead shoulders+t19 combo (that, btw, greatly enhanced the healing on the move).

Shouldn't takes a degree in physics to understand how exposed resto druid if we get another tier bonus and properly tuned fight.

Dont act like any of you really killed KJ and FA in the first month prior the first flurry of nerfs.
    t21 also increases healing on the move, and its fairly strong, issue is just that its still a vanq token so takes some time to get, can ofc get some normal tokens though, but its not really looking pretty.

And Im still gonna act like I killed both KJ and FA the first month because.... well I did.

I'm on KJ mythic now. Would you guys suggest I stay on my T19 4pc (905+915+905+905) + nerfed shoulders + 930 chest with leech or switch to T20 4pc (925+930+930+930) + T19 2pc (915+925) losing the leech chest and using another 2nd legendary (ring or prydaz, I do have all resto legendarys).

Quote Originally Posted by theburned View Post
    t21 also increases healing on the move, and its fairly strong, issue is just that its still a vanq token so takes some time to get, can ofc get some normal tokens though, but its not really looking pretty.

And Im still gonna act like I killed both KJ and FA the first month because.... well I did.
    And the issue as well is - once final tuning is in - how do our T21 set bonuses compare to those of other healers. If they aren't flat out numerically superior, throughput is still going to lag. Plus, the numbers are going to look ugly pre-T21, because we are going to be going in to the first several weeks with either terrible bonuses from T20, or still using a heavily nerfed T19 plus taking an increasing ilvl hit. The good part is that throughput deficit is likely going to show up in logs from heroic/first week of Mythic when it goes live, which has a chance of resulting in some type of buff happening, since we know they never properly take into future account set bonuses when tuning anyway. The spec would never have been nerfed as much in 7.2.5 if they took into account how inflated it was from T19 current ilvl numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiberria View Post
    And the issue as well is - once final tuning is in - how do our T21 set bonuses compare to those of other healers. If they aren't flat out numerically superior, throughput is still going to lag. Plus, the numbers are going to look ugly pre-T21, because we are going to be going in to the first several weeks with either terrible bonuses from T20, or still using a heavily nerfed T19 plus taking an increasing ilvl hit. The good part is that throughput deficit is likely going to show up in logs from heroic/first week of Mythic when it goes live, which has a chance of resulting in some type of buff happening, since we know they never properly take into future account set bonuses when tuning anyway. The spec would never have been nerfed as much in 7.2.5 if they took into account how inflated it was from T19 current ilvl numbers.
    I would say t21 looks fairly decent, its not another t19, but we are probably talking in the 10% region.
    The good thing now is that druids will lag a bit behind during hc week for obvious reasons, they are weak now, so they will stay weak until buffed or getting new tier, buffs/nerfs tend to happen after hc week, when people dont have tier bonuses, so if you are weak already you might expepct to see some buffs.
    Your arguement about them not taking future tier bonuses into accounts seems pretty silly as its based on what happened in tomb, and well the case was that druids were really strong for the first 3-4 weeks, and then once everyone else got their tier pieces at significantly higher ilvls druid fell behind.
    Druids got nerfed so heavily because there was a good reason for it, they just never got buffed again because well any competitive audience was done and druid were doing perfectly fine at lower levels its not like you struggled because you had a druid in the raid.