Page 11 of 69 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    someone please tell elfrid peyton that anime is not real and that he need to shave his head

10+ Year Old Account
    Dennis Smith jr with the alley oop was fun to watch. I stand by my statement that he'll be better then Lonzo Ball.

and I hope we keep Nerlens Noel after this year. Such a steal form the 76'ers, and I think Cuban is FINALLY getting the team together.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bucks will win, Celtics lose home opener.

Celtics don;t have an offense right now. They have players making individually nice plays, but it's none of the usual fast paced passign around and getting the open guy to take his shot that they had last year. Obviously also not expected with as many changes as they had on the team, but I expected at least SOME set up and SOME thought to what was going on on offense, but there mostly was not.

Celtics have a lot of work to do and not as many good players to do it with, especially at the 3 and 4. With Morris still out and Heyward gone, they lack presence there and it lead to some REAL funky lineups at times this game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    Also go Bucks! Debating atm what game to go to first this year. I like looking for cheaper tickets/games so I can sit close. I might pay a bit more and go see OKC or the Lakers though. Kind of want to see Lonzo.
    If you can afford it go for it, as I sure as hell would. The Greek Freak is gonna dominate too! You'll get the best of both

- - - Updated - - -

Giannis! 37 and 13! Also sick dunk!
    He's so damn good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Heyward's agent said after Heyward's surgery completed that it's unlikely he returns this season. So that pretty much closes the door on any "he might be back in the playoffs" type speculation.

Celtics will have to somehow deal with this situation in the meantime. With Heyward out we get more Marcus Smart in the line up, which is just flat out BAD for the offense. Love Smart for his hustle and defense, but we can't win with him chucking up (bad) shots at the same rate a top flight scorer would.

I worry that with Smart in a contract year and now forced into the line up that he's going to try and be more part of the offense and play himself into a big(ger) contract. That would ultimately make him bad for the team, even if that's not his intention.

Can only hope that Marcus Morris is healthy soon and gets Smart out of the starting lineup and back on second team/first off the bench role where he's much more effective.

Jordan is like no one ever, in a any sport. I legit think he is one of the most overrated players ever and is still probably the best player ever.
    And that's the weird part of it, having lived through it and watching him destroy my guy Clyde in the finals, it's like... sure, he's good but, he's not the best. "so who is better?" "yeah, well... there is that."

I was having the discussion the other day about does Brady still win 5 and Manning 2, if they switched teams from the beginning. Pats draft Manning, Colts Brady. Does Brady set ungodly numbers having elite talent like Reggie Wayne, Edge James and Marvin Harrison? So what if Blazers drafted Jordan a year earlier (Portland having Clyde is why they didn't and justifibly so, not draft Jordan) and then the next season Bulls draft Clyde. Does Mike get a fist full of rings with Aldeman as his coach, Buck Williams in place of Grant and Jerome Kersey in place of Pips?

Speaking of Portland, Ripcity ripped apart Phoenix last night. G'lawd.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not had much to cheer about basketball wise this week, but, at least the Lakers suck (and the Celtics have their pick in a loaded draft).

15+ Year Old Account
    I realy liked De'Aaron Fox and Markelle Fultz last night, especialy Fultz with Simmons.

Who the fuck is this Lonzo guy and why am I seeing his name everywhere?

- - - Updated - - -

Tonight on ESPN
    CLE @ MIL. 7 PM.
    GSW @ NOP. 9:30 PM.

Even if I turn the TV on to those stations, I don't tend to watch because it's difficult without my glasses. But that's too big of a commitment for a game I'm only half watching.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Who the fuck is this Lonzo guy and why am I seeing his name everywhere?
    He's just another point guard prospect, nothing really special talent-wise, sort of like a Jason Kidd type. Shit shooter, but will still bomb, good vision and pads his stats be rebounding. He is really only a name cuz his dad is louder and more obnoxious than Stephen A and Skip Bayliss combined.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Celtics at 76'ers. Hopefully it's a good one. Would be nice if the Celtics show they have some thigns figured out more. Going 0-3 would suck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some pretty ugly basketball in the Celtics-Sixers game. Do not recommend watching. I'm keeping it on cause I want to see what the Celtics do with their limited scoring options and if they figure it out. Sixers have turned it over 5 times and not scored from the field in 5 min, yet only trail by 3, to give you some idea of how bad it is.

- - - Updated - - -

There's a strong pattern among these Celtics end of halves in the past 3 games: They fold on offense.

They've been outscored to a ridiculous degree in all games I watched at the end of halves. That's definitely where Celtics are going to miss IT, cause that's where he thrived, in those do or die pressure moments. I'm getting concerned this Celtics team lacks that. They certainly lack it at the moment.

10+ Year Old Account
    30 turnovers in this game, both teams less than 39% shooting and 46 (FOURTY SIX) fouls called in the game. UUUUUUUUUGLY

- - - Updated - - -

Shane Larkin the unexpected hero. Late off the bench, but ran the D-league team and closed the score with Philly, and just delivered a HUGE 3 ro put Celtics up 7 with some 3 min to play.

- - - Updated - - -

Celtics win their first. Ugly game, but somehow the bench brought them back and the starters closed it out in the end. (So much for that "they are bad at the end of halves" thing I posted about earlier)

Deleted
    When is this James guy going to slow down. Is he in decline? Hearing that in 4 years, give or take.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by otyknip View Post
    When is this James guy going to slow down. Is he in decline? Hearing that in 4 years, give or take.
    He's going to be like Vince Carter, still heading out there doing his thing when he's 40. Except probably while having his team in the NBA Finals.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    He's going to be like Vince Carter, still heading out there doing his thing when he's 40. Except probably while having his team in the NBA Finals.
    The question is if the Cavs want to continue their franchise after LBJ turns down a nod who could take his spot and push the franchise forward or will it die out. personaly i give him atleast 2-3 good years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vestig3 View Post
    The question is if the Cavs want to continue their franchise after LBJ turns down a nod who could take his spot and push the franchise forward or will it die out. personaly i give him atleast 2-3 good years.
    I've been convinced for months that we will see Lebron in purple and gold next year together with Paul George and the good young players the Lakers have.

He's gone unless they win the title in Cleveland this year, can't tell me otherwise. Cavs have no resources and their roster is old and just not that good anymore. He needs a team that will win and the Lakers with him added could just be that thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Curry and KD ejected? o.o

10+ Year Old Account
    Jingles for MVP.

Jazz killing OKC and holding Westbrook to SIX points is a good sign. Kinda wish I coulda watched that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Curry and KD ejected? o.o
    I dont know why Curry got so mad tbh and then you throw your mouth guard at the ref yes thats a smart decision.