Poll: Should Alex Jones be held criminally liable?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sekach View Post
    In case you somehow havent realised it yet, there is no unbiased news in 21th century since their potential influence is simply too valuable to be left unusurped. Alex Jones is merely one of infinite multitudes....
    We haven't had honest media since the bork debacle.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sormine View Post
    You posted the obligatory "7% chance to win" article and then cried about how there's a narrative. Everybody in this thread that read it knows you're upset.
    Trump had stadiums full of people while hillary could barely fill a seniors tea party. Anyone aware of this would've seen that the 7% figure was absolute bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by The Darkener View Post
    As someone not from USA, all I can say is that people who say CNN is fake news have no idea how immensely huge fake news Alex Jones is. I cannot fathom how one can be so retarded to believe his lies. I mean, according to him and his "news" our country was blown up by a terrorist attack on our Nuclear Plant two years ago.

I guess I'm just a mutant, like from Fallout series.
    Most people are smart enough to know he is a clown on the same level as Rachel Maddie.

Only one side of this debate however is calling for the imprisonment of Those that they disagree with

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    I'd argue theblebels of corruption are roughly the same.

I agree with the principles and ideology of the right more than the left.
    But that's essentially objectively false at this point. The lobbying for the Republican party has gotten so out of hand, we still have politicians actively denying the effects of global warming and the need for better gun regulations to keep them out of the hands of criminals.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Should Alex Jones be held criminally liable?

Along with Infowars, Breitbart and other news Media outlets when it’s proven they knowingly gave false information to the public lied about the nature of events or completely made something up. If said information is being misrepresented and it causes real serious harm should those who knew this face criminal charges?
    Like when CNN makes a cameraman pose as a protester? or when CNN tries to stage a heroic and heartwarming scene during a hurricane?
    Report the news... don't fabricate it.

Not trying to make this left vs right here... but both sides are guilty of it. So if we're going to talk about dishonesty and knowingly reporting false information... lets just talk about the Media as whole, and not select few extremely right leaning folks.

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    If you're a responsible gun owner who keeps his weapons locked up, then I've no problems with you owning your weapons. You've nothing to fear from common-sense gun control legislation.

But then you fear common-sense generally, so there's that.
    What is your definition of common sense gun law?

I don't see anything bad that can be done with guns that isn't already illegal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Being wrong isn’t the same thing as knowingly telling a lie.
    Deniability isn't the same as innocence either.

Boy if you think Hillary is corrupt you must absolutely hate Trump and the rest of the Republicans.
    Actually a good majority of us do, but the problem is the "Bernie or bust type of voters", the people who absolutely refused to vote if Bernie wasn't in the election. I would say they're as much to blame for the current president as anyone. All they had to do was vote not Hillary and not Trump, because you know, there WERE other candidates. It didn't really matter because the American vote means nothing, as Hillary won the popular vote yet lost, but it would have definitely restored some of my faith in mankind to know that people actually put forth the effort to stop two monsters from getting in office, rather than the whole do nothing and expect the right to complain about it mentality. Only like 30% of the country voted, but I'm fairly certain more than 30% are complaining about the outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulslaver View Post
    Trump had stadiums full of people while hillary could barely fill a seniors tea party. Anyone aware of this would've seen that the 7% figure was absolute bullshit.
    *Citation needed*

Also, that doesn't prove statistical data and evaluation wrong.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    What law did he break?

yet she still won the popular vote, and Trump only won the EC by a few thousand votes in each state that won him that. it's almost like they were more on the money than you were, are, and ever will be.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you actually looked at some of the stories they put it out, its the same as other news outlets. Im not sure what you want to sue him for tho, can you give a specific example?
    Thank god this game isn't just for Rym, we'd have a pretty shitty time - Me

But that's essentially objectively false at this point. The lobbying for the Republican party has gotten so out of hand, we still have politicians actively denying the effects of global warming and the need for better gun regulations to keep them out of the hands of criminals.
    We will have to agree to disagree then. I see the democrats and republicans largely as two sides of the same corrupt coin

Why I’ll be voting Clinton again. Even if it’s write in.
    OMG you're such a cuck....

Like I said, you're one of those people that will ignore facts even with evidence, if it goes against your beliefs. People like you, shouldn't be allowed to vote.

infracted - minor flaming
    Last edited by Crissi; 2017-10-23 at 06:19 PM.

What is your definition of common sense gun law?

I don't see anything bad that can be done with guns that isn't already illegal.
    Nothing bad can be done with a car that isn't already illegal, so why should we require driver testing and licensing?

Oh wait: Common fucking sense.

We will have to agree to disagree then. I see the democrats and republicans largely as two sides of the same corrupt coin
    But I just gave you an example of why the Republican corruption is so out of hand, and I haven't seen any equivalent demonstration of corruption from the Democrats. Why would you continue to disagree?

Should Alex Jones be held criminally liable?

Along with Infowars, Breitbart and other news Media outlets when it’s proven they knowingly gave false information to the public lied about the nature of events or completely made something up. If said information is being misrepresented and it causes real serious harm should those who knew this face criminal charges?
    Y is Alex jones the focus here? Everyone already knows he's a nut job. There is plenty of lying going on in politics on the left and right to point at. But we already know they can get away w/ murder and no one cares.

10+ Year Old Account
    True, there is no shortage of idiots. Especially those who dont bother to do research and are too dumb to google something in 10 seconds.
    https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...-forecast.html
    Learn to read...
    almost all official polls
    The Upshot certainly isn't one of them.

Wait a minute, I can make a poll that shows Jesus had a freestyle rap battle with Elvis in the Kremlin last night.
    Good golly, really.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by Noah37 View Post
    I had a similar discussion to this topic in an interview once. That one was over discussions of vaccination and autism. Do I think anyone, including the media, should be held "criminally liable" for spreading known falsehoods. No, emphatically, no. It just feels wrong. If they told people to drink anti-freeze, and gave falsified examples of how it is good, which resulted in deaths, maybe.
    You realize that's essentially what anti-vaccination rhetoric is doing right (except in reverse)? And it does result in deaths.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Weapons of Mass Destruction wasn't a flat out lie? Or the ignoring of the atrocities that is Yemen?
    One media is far more dangerous than the other.
    It can be argued you probably could and you might even convince me even though I lean towards your conclusion. Either way I would support it the question deserves to be asked even if unpopular.

However that isn’t the same thing as flat out lying deliberately and specifically to facilitate harm and make profit. The president and his administration are presumed to be acting in good faith when there maybe no evidence immediately available.

The same could be supposed in news and I’m talking theory here. But the practice should be with honesty to tell the truth from the start. That is the foundation of the trust of our press.

Alex Jones in theory and practice is a fucking lying piece of shit who’s practice is sell bullshit as fact with no regard to harm or the public trust.

You can argue the press is sloppy or has fucked up lost your trust.

But are you really saying you support the kind of bullshit Alex Jones does?
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis