Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Oh sure, ideally I'd agree with you. But RNG is a cruel mistress, so when your Grenadier misses a 91% point blank critical shot
    When that happens I don't care what happens to that Grenadier and continue the mission as if I didn't take them. I will not try a 50% sniper shot to fix their fuck up. I run my xcom team hard mode.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    That's pretty much a consistent issue with both Xcom and D:OS, by the endgame your team/party grow so strong that you basically end up stomping endgame.

It's like that example with 50% sniper shot... reality is that even if you would miss you would have backup options anyway if you do it right, as a whole the rule is: don't take 50% shots in Xcom unless you have fallback plan, that's just asking for trouble.
    That's what the endgame of every single player game with any kind of progression is like.

Either you finish up your build/strat/get good gear before the end and stomp the endgame. Or you don't do those things and struggle through the endgame for no reward, because the experience/upgrades you get from the endgame don't matter at that point because you already beat the game and there is nothing left to use that increased power on.

The only way to really fix that would be to make the endgame even harder, but that would really harm more casual people who didn't min/max and optimize before the end, which would harm your brand.

10+ Year Old Account
    How do you guys feel about the Lucky Charm skill?

For the my "Face" character (which is always my custom made protagonist character) I try to keep a couple points in Persuasion and Lucky Charm. One save file I have a full Persuasion investment up midway through Act 2, and the amount of gear I have missed out on is staggering. I recently respec'd him into 5 points into Lucky Charm and the difference is immediate. The amount of useful gear I've gotten in a single session of play is amazing.

So as a follow up question, how important is Persuasion? Of course I love to "win" arguments with NPC's, but I'm not quite sure if I've actually won anything such as talked my way out of a fight or received an incredibly advantage.
    SWTOR Friend Referral Code: http://www.swtor.com/r/kg3Sch

Deleted
    Isn't it enough to have one party member have it? If not I might get it, some of my members are still wearing low level garbage (just reached level 10 in Driftwood).

Already sunk 30 hours into this game which for me is very impressive, and it doesn't feel like I'm even remotely getting close to the end. Enjoying it very much, was a long time ago I got a feeling like this from a PC RPG. Like the KOTOR feeling.
    Skyrim, Mass Effect series, DA:Origin were all pretty good but didn't really feel the same. I thought I had changed but this game gives me that nice nostalgic feeling of when I played games as a teen and got lost the game world and cared about everything I did.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Domoda View Post
    Isn't it enough to have one party member have it?
    It is. But you will have to make that party member the dedicated LOOT WHORE. Because Lucky Charm triggers when a character with Lucky Charm loots something.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Domoda View Post
    The special boss inside the fort is kind of hard for me at the moment. 2 casters, 2 melee, the 1 elf and the badass boss. Too much for my lil group to handle at the moment, but I'll be back to slap the taste out the mouth of the boss later.
    Don't be afraid to cheat a little .

When I did that on tactician I made a barricade around the door with objects from inside the bedroom. Teleport the boss inside onto your physical stomper to get rid of him first (he has a tp skill anyway), kill his armour fast to keep him chain knockdown and then take the rest down one by one with teleport while they are trying to break down stuff.

Lucky charm, honestly I never find it worth taking. Focus on persuasion and bartering (keep level bonus items), get people to 100 relationship by throwing crappy stuff you have picked up (pickup paintings/cups/bowls/gold forks always) and buy the fully levelled items that you want instead of relying on rng.

Persuasion is far too valuable to be wasting points on lucky charm if you want to be completing dialogues successfully.
    Last edited by Lollis; 2017-10-19 at 11:01 PM.
    Speciation Is Gradual

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post
    Persuasion is far too valuable to be wasting points on lucky charm if you want to be completing dialogues successfully.
    But what is the gain of winning the dialogues? Extra lore? Outside of a certain Lamp Lizard, I can't think of anything that's actually been a tremendous benefit that made me go "I'm glad I have high Persuasion".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    But what is the gain of winning the dialogues? Extra lore? Outside of a certain Lamp Lizard, I can't think of anything that's actually been a tremendous benefit that made me go "I'm glad I have high Persuasion".
    There are quite a few dialogues where failure results in locking off certain quests or removing a possible vendor because you have to kill him.
    Speciation Is Gradual

Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    Quests locking out, alternative solutions that can have trickle effects, extra rewards, information for different approaches, hidden areas/passages.

There's plenty.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

10+ Year Old Account
    In fact, I'd even say that Persuasion is in such a state that it should be removed from the game because of how mandatory it is. There are dialogues that require specific stats but still rely on Persuasion to pass, having a ton of Strength for example should completely override the Persuasion requirement that a small Strength dialogue requires.
    Speciation Is Gradual

incohrend ramblings and impressions incomming,you have been warned:

So doing my second play through now as fane (I kinda love how that gives you essentially 1 more slot for a character with backstory), but by now I've started to notice some cracks. Like the fact that alexander survives no matter what.. I was curious during my first playthrough, because I was sure his body got incinerated, this time I made sure to face rip him and destroy his remains every way possible (apparently you can only do one way though ) and the game ackknowledges it not in the least so far. I wonder if killing him again here would actually have any impact towards our 3rd meeting or if they forgot that as well. I've also ran into quite a few issues with inconsistend dialogue with fane and his patron god, as he counts as undead for some conversations and human for others the standard dialogue toggles between rhalic and amadia, which must be confusing as hell for people without prior knowledge. Still love ever time a spell can fix a problem for a quest (location/status/dialogue) and hate every time it suddenly doesnt ^^;.

A new game plus mode would also be nice tbh, because starting out with little to no skills is boring as hell, but then you can only do 1 or 2 things tops during your move anyway, I really miss the DoS1 way of increasing your turn points, I often find myself in the sitation that especially AoE spells are usless because by the time I have set up my position in way that would actually make them worth using, I have to end my turn and the enemies run all over the place making my positioning useless :/.

10+ Year Old Account
    In fact, I'd even say that Persuasion is in such a state that it should be removed from the game because of how mandatory it is. There are dialogues that require specific stats but still rely on Persuasion to pass, having a ton of Strength for example should completely override the Persuasion requirement that a small Strength dialogue requires.
    1 point of Persuasion just adds 5 to attribute towards attribute dialog option, so high STR character without persuasion will complete a good amount of strength persuasion checks just fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    1 point of Persuasion just adds 5 to attribute towards attribute dialog option, so high STR character without persuasion will complete a good amount of strength persuasion checks just fine.
    I have a lone wolf setup with characters who have far higher strength and int than a normal team would, without Persuasion it is not uncommon to fail persuasion checks. If your post is correct, then the whole idea of lone wolf giving +1 extra stats is being completely overlooked by this persuasion mechanic.

I suppose I could put everything into those two stats on both characters rather than spending on memory/cons/wits if it would make a difference, but I already completely stomp every fight.
    Last edited by Lollis; 2017-10-22 at 08:52 PM.
    Speciation Is Gradual

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a lone wolf setup with characters who have far higher strength and int than a normal team would, without Persuasion it is not uncommon to fail persuasion checks. If your post is correct, then the whole idea of lone wolf giving +1 extra stats is being completely overlooked by this persuasion mechanic.

I suppose I could put everything into those two stats on both characters rather than spending on memory/cons/wits if it would make a difference, but I already completely stomp every fight.
    This is the mechanic behind persuasion check and persuasion attribute, whether you believe it or not it's your problem - you can verify it.

All persuasion does is give +5 towards specific stat per point for sake of persuasion check. It's not some miracle hidden mechanic that can't be beat otherwise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Brother played as high Strength warrior and failed pretty much every single persuasion check (0 stat invested). Meanwhile I had persuasion capped and got through all of them, even Constitution checks, even tho I had invested pretty much nothing in it - mostly had negative effects on it due different choices.

Looked at wiki and there's "Persuasion Notes".
    "It would seem the developers deemed the original version of the persuasion civil ability (simulate a +stat difference) to be too inconsequential of a civil ability and thus made persuasions largely dependent on the persuasion ability itself."

But overall, I feel like it's stupid stat and shouldn't exist.

Deleted
    I need some advices...

First of all... i started playing the first game, im level 13... is it just me or this game is very hard? Sometimes you get rushed by 7-8 minions vs your 4... or sometimes (like now im in the mines) you have minions freezing all your party without being able to do anything, not to mention you have to face death knights you cant kill yet (i really have no clue where to go in mines atm)

Anyone have some good suggestions for when I'll start playing the 2nd one? Like how to build a good party without weakness, what to specialize on and such? Thanks!

I'm still not out of act 1. I've selected the group I want to take through the rest of the game (I think) but I have commitment issues. Will the other possible group members still be available to swap in/out after I leave act 1?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mikepic View Post
    I'm still not out of act 1. I've selected the group I want to take through the rest of the game (I think) but I have commitment issues. Will the other possible group members still be available to swap in/out after I leave act 1?
    Negative. Once you leave on that boat you pretty much select the group you plan on taking with you the rest of the game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rinelki View Post
    I need some advices...
    First of all... i started playing the first game, im level 13... is it just me or this game is very hard? Sometimes you get rushed by 7-8 minions vs your 4... or sometimes (like now im in the mines) you have minions freezing all your party without being able to do anything, not to mention you have to face death knights you cant kill yet (i really have no clue where to go in mines atm)
    I have been playing the first one up to level 18-19, that is when i got bored of the same mechanics over and over again.
    I was playing in tactician mode, and the problem is that the encounters move to impossible to beat to easy as pie depending on the tactics/mechanics/classes you use, and in the end it made me play the game limited to some very effective tricks.
    First: Range is uber important, as it is initiative, if you are gonna attack/play after a group of 6-8 enemies has already consumed it´s turn, you are probably dead by then.
    Second: summoned creatures are a must, not so much for making damage but for making the enemy group spend their APs until you can kill them.
    Third: A ranged character like bairdotr, with a lot of cc arrows is key in all the encounters.

The dead knight part, i used my rogue, walking in shadows ability, and you reach a zone in the mines where an encounter starts, and the rest of your group is summoned there.

I can not help you with the second game though, i have still not played it.
    Last edited by mmoccf1d2005b5; 2017-10-24 at 10:12 AM.

Deleted
    Bit of a late comer, but wow this game was a lot better than i expected! but that rage feeling when you die and realise your last save for 2hours ago.... FML