Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

What if subraces are something to achieve instead of choosing in character creation?

For example, as an orc you can choose to stay green, go to Outland and remove the fel within you, or make a pact with demons for more power and be red coloured.

Or as belf embrace the void and be a void elf, or again remove the fel and be a high elf.

It seems that most subraces are actually magical changes that can be done on an individual, rather than some biológical change.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    That'd be such a huge undertaking....

Also the fact that they scrapped a questline to unlock Death Knights basically ensured stuff like this will never happen.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Interesting idea. I'd love that actually. Would add some fun unlockables to the game.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    That'd be such a huge undertaking....

Also the fact that they scrapped a questline to unlock Death Knights basically ensured stuff like this will never happen.
    Yes but a mere appareance change is not comparable to a class change.

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    No...just no. Belf's were not made due to fel. They came about due to exposure from their addiction to the sun well.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

Then Blizzard would miss out on millions of dollars and since Blizzard is run by Mr. Crabs that isn't likely to happen.

I don't see how they would be achievable.

Xe'ra is dead and can't molest more draenei. Nightborne aren't an advanced version of blood elves. Void elves aren't an advanced version of night elves.

Only one of the 4 that could happen is Cenarius molesting tauren to give them moose antlers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bryroo View Post
    Then Blizzard would miss out on millions of dollars and since Blizzard is run by Mr. Crabs that isn't likely to happen.
    We are already paying for the expansion.

Deleted
    I hope they make questchains or achievements to unlock sub-races.
    Maybe even hair styles, tattoos ect.

You can create content around this feature rather then just give it all out at a character creation screen so that with1 2 weeks nobody cares anymore.
    So idd i rather see sub-race stuff being unlocked by ingame features.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    I don't see how they would be achievable.

Xe'ra is dead and can't molest more draenei. Nightborne aren't an advanced version of blood elves. Void elves aren't an advanced version of night elves.

Only one of the 4 that could happen is Cenarius molesting tauren to give them moose antlers.
    Blizzard will make some shit up.

Quote Originally Posted by yolock View Post
    We are already paying for the expansion.
    That hasn't stopped them from charging for character services ever.

Death Knights are the only new race or class they've added that weren't immediately playable by someone who just bought the game for the first time. I don't see them doing that again... It probably hurts game sales.

Deleted
    That hasn't stopped them from charging for character services ever.
    They are already including a lvl boost in each expansion.

This is also something new.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rae888 View Post
    Death Knights are the only new race or class they've added that weren't immediately playable by someone who just bought the game for the first time. I don't see them doing that again... It probably hurts game sales.
    You get a level boost and the quest to change your subrace right away at level 111.

Quote Originally Posted by yolock View Post
    They are already including a lvl boost in each expansion.

This is also something new.

- - - Updated - - -

You get a level boost and the quest to change your subrace right away at level 111.
    And MAYBE they'll include a free race change.

Most likely they'll include another free boost though because the boost are considered a catchup mechanism for lapsed players.

Want a subrace but don't want to pay cash? Bnet balance with gold or use your boost.

I wonder if it would actually be the next iteration of more micro-transactions. Sub-races being behind a race change exclusively and matching their respective normal race's classes/racials. It would be a purely visual change so no fear of pay to win.

And MAYBE they'll include a free race change.

Most likely they'll include another free boost though because the boost are considered a catchup mechanism for lapsed players.
    They could give a choice between a boost or 2 free race changes, since those cost about the same on the store depending on whether you're switching factions. Lots of long-time players don't really have any use for a boost anymore.

No subraces shouldn't even be considered on the same level as races, they should merely be customisation available at character creation, a skin you can overlay onto the base race. That does mean that some heavily morphic races wouldn't be able to have every type represented but that is really only the trolls, they be fucked up mon.
    When I was younger I used to hope bad things wouldn't happen.
    Now I just hope they're at least funny when they do.

While I think it would be fun to have ways to unlock sub-races. Doing it through questline that changes your character would, in my opinion, be silly.
    There's a lot of things they can tie it to, to make sure you've unlocked a certain physical appearance.

Faction Reputation. Example: Get Exalted with the Mag'har orcs to unlock them as playable variant.
    Zone completion. Example: Complete all quests in Twilight Highlands to unlock Wildhammer Dwarves and Dragonmaw Orcs.
    Achievement completion. Example: Earn an achievement and race unlock for Nightborne elves by completing the Suramar questlines, dungeons and raid.

There's other, less appealing ways they could go about it. I'd be fine with them putting in ways to keep sub-races earned. Even rare, if they'll allow you to chance your racial variant at the Barber Shop.

7+ Year Old Account
    it would be fucking stupid, i don't wanna do a pathfinder or a stupid chain quest like the artifacts appearance just to change a skin color

but the ame is going in way i rly can see this happening, and i hate it.

Deleted
    What if the in-game shop will sells lootboxes?
    - Some gray trash that can be sold for 10g each (50% of drops are these)
    - New "cool" paints! you can leave your mark in azeroth!
    - Curious Coins!
    - Random transmorg items! (45% of drops are these)
    - Random faction reputation token!
    - Random battle pets!
    - AP (or whatevs the next expac equivalent is) tokens!
    - and the new sub race skins! (these have a minimal chance of dropping ofc)

Buy a lootbox right now! For €3.50/box!!1