Poll: Do you want faster fly speed?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I propose a fair compromise; Revert flying speed to what it used to be prior to the Warlords of Draenor nerfs when they changed the way mount speed enhancements were calculated. 310% speeds after that effectively became slower than 280% speeds were in Mists. It's really too bad the community didn't make a big deal about it the way they did about the water strider mount in legion, as it effectively rendered achievements like "What a long strange trips its been" a waste of time.

I think that 500% itself is far too slow. I would be in favor of just opening up the map, clicking where you want to go and then taking a portal there instead. Why should I have travel to any destination in the world? /s

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfrick View Post
    Faster faster faster.... NO!!! world of warcraft need to slow down and become more chill.....

REMOVE FLYING... there is no need for it, just look at WOD and legion, you could play it and it was alot of fun, then we got flying... and it all turns out to a Helicopter Simulator...
    I frankly only resubscribe for flying patches now. And you can tell a lot of other people follow this practice with the sudden influx of people in 7.2 and the die off with 7.3. It's almost as if players like a feature the corporation dislikes because it makes travel speeds slightly faster (because travel speeds is what you should be focusing on in an MMORPG guise. If the rate at which I'm traveling isn't just right, my entire immersion is ruined ./fuckingsarcasmgod).
    There is absolutely no basis for individual rights to firearms or self defense under any contextual interpretation of the second amendment of the United States Constitution. It defines clearly a militia of which is regulated of the people and arms, for the expressed purpose of protection of the free state. Unwillingness to take in even the most basic and whole context of these laws is exactly the road to anarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Don't think the game can handle that speed.
    You'd DC like when you use the DH charge and things such as that.

Also don't really see the point. The current speed seems just right.
    The DH charge is a preventative measure on animation canceling, not a speed cap

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    I can't think of any continent where 320% speed flight felt insufficient for getting across the continent with the sole exception of, say, trying to get from Darnassus to Ahn'Qiraj for a transmog run. That one example of flight taking longer than I'd like does not mean an additional boost is needed--in fact, I'd argue that 500% would make it entirely too easy to overshoot my target unless I'm focused entirely on my minimap rather than doing what I usually do while flying (take in the scenery, chitchat in General or in Guild, whisper friends, sort my bags, play Bejeweled on my other monitor).
    take the SW portal to Uldum and just hop a zone over :3

Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I think that 500% itself is far too slow. I would be in favor of just opening up the map, clicking where you want to go and then taking a portal there instead. Why should I have travel to any destination in the world? /s
    Why not? We literally live in a world of magic and shit. There is legitimately no reason for mages to be unable to just portal anywhere they like, as seen by Khagdar doing it literally all the fucking time.
    There is absolutely no basis for individual rights to firearms or self defense under any contextual interpretation of the second amendment of the United States Constitution. It defines clearly a militia of which is regulated of the people and arms, for the expressed purpose of protection of the free state. Unwillingness to take in even the most basic and whole context of these laws is exactly the road to anarchy.

need another option reduce flying speed to 100% the advantage of flying should be in skipping over hills and some trash mobs, while not making to fast. And mob camps / forts need ways to dismount flyers and/or pull them to the ground. This way flying is from Day 1 but not just used to skip everything.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasuuna View Post
    take the SW portal to Uldum and just hop a zone over :3
    I'll be honest, I completely forgot the Cata portals were a thing.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    some people here even want blizz to implement forced RP walk everywhere, how dare you suggest a flying speed increase?

Quote Originally Posted by Merie View Post
    I propose a fair compromise; Revert flying speed to what it used to be prior to the Warlords of Draenor nerfs when they changed the way mount speed enhancements were calculated. 310% speeds after that effectively became slower than 280% speeds were in Mists. It's really too bad the community didn't make a big deal about it the way they did about the water strider mount in legion, as it effectively rendered achievements like "What a long strange trips its been" a waste of time.
    We -did- make big deals about it, the thing was is them removing flying in WoD too which was a much bigger problem at the time. Still is the bigger problem too, considering this half ass compromise they are using is costing them more in the long run, clearly.

And the water strider mount? That was a response to them taking their overreaching 'we don't like flying' attitude and bludgeoning the corpse of other things that cut travel time ever so slightly. I honestly wish it had something to do other than the time it takes one to travel.

I think it should rise like AP knowledge in a expansion. Eventually up to like 3450009870003%. Where the challenge is actually getting to the location because the world goes by so fast it's hard to determine where your at.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Right, so my alt levels a few hours faster. Got it. Argus is and will remain no-flight. So that is unaffected. WQs in Broken Isle? Maybe you do them 5 minutes faster in a zone. It is already fast with the whistle and flightmasters. But WQs are on a daily rotation. You must come back tomorrow anyhow. Why would it matter that I spend longer in game per day? That is not making them more money?

The advantage seems minimal and a hefty price tag could again take money out of the economy

I still don't see it happening - but Blizzard din't use one dollar from me, because I purchased 310% flying as compared to a guy who has slower flying
    To my understanding they do use player activity (players' time spent doing stuff daily for exp) as a gauge of current game health. Also if content can be consumed too quickly then ofc player interest will rapidly wane and people will just switch to other games and that's no good for business naturally.

Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    need another option reduce flying speed to 100% the advantage of flying should be in skipping over hills and some trash mobs, while not making to fast. And mob camps / forts need ways to dismount flyers and/or pull them to the ground. This way flying is from Day 1 but not just used to skip everything.
    How the fuck are you skipping everything with flying when the quests are telling you to kill 14 guards, pick up 12 items, rescue random npc #4232 and kill random bad guy #16?

While I would like this, Blizzard has said long ago that 310% would be the cap (Except for Pally's and DKs that get an extra 10% as a class bonus). They felt that flying was already too fast and made the world feel too small for those that had it, but didn't want to take it away from players.

Fun fact: FP Taxis used to travel at 500% speed, but were nerfed (can't remember the patch or xpac that it happend).

Quote Originally Posted by Blamblam41 View Post
    How the fuck are you skipping everything with flying when the quests are telling you to kill 14 guards, pick up 12 items, rescue random npc #4232 and kill random bad guy #16?
    get quest, fly to spot where mobs are, drop down kill mobs, take off fly back to quest giver, thus skipping the stuff in between.
    Last edited by cuafpr; 2017-10-27 at 03:58 PM.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    get quest, fly to sop where mobs are, drop down kill mobs, take off fly back to quest giver, thus skipping the stuff in between.
    But you didn't skip anything. You had to kill the 14 guards on the ground, pick up the 12 items on the ground, dismount to talk to random npc #4232 and dismount to get into the building to kill random bad guy #16.

Flying did nothing to make those quests faster other than the time it took to get from quest hub to quest zone back to quest hub. And if you are honestly worried that is going to make you unimmersed? Then you've got other problems when it comes to video games.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiwack View Post
    I'm fine with 60% if they'd just let me use a flying mount on Argus.
    Argus doesn't need flying.

Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    The DH charge is a preventative measure on animation canceling, not a speed cap
    You say that yet charge, monk dash, the warrior dropping out of the orderhall and so on all have or are DCing you in Legion.

or it i have a better idea! lets make all our chars into goku and give them instant transmission!!! 500% speed... pff thats too slow bro....

Quote Originally Posted by xwolf1989 View Post
    or it i have a better idea! lets make all our chars into goku and give them instant transmission!!! 500% speed... pff thats too slow bro....
    Again, as I said before, this is a universe steeped in magic, with characters being shown to teleport using various differing types of magic to any given place at any given time.

And literally every school of magic has a sort of teleport, too. Fundamentally, there is no reason for players not to be able to teleport everywhere unless they are a Warrior and even then they just jump from something real tall.