Poll: Do you want faster fly speed?

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Damn, No. Never. it will completely ruin everything. No offense, but those who support this are idiots. Thank god you ain’t devs, and it’s pity that the actual devs have to listen your shitty suggestions and demands.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh boy here we go.

After all the bitching and whining about flying now it's not good enough because it takes too long to get from point A to point B. Blizzard should just add fast travel that lets you teleport anywhere you want because that's what people really want deep down inside. "310% isn't enough so give us 500%". Then that won't be fast enough so it'll be "Blizzard give us 1000%. 500% is too slow". Eventually it'll be "just give us fast travel to every major camp and city in the game it takes too long for me to get around".

You know, one of the things that made classic WoW so great was how big the world felt and how there were dangers in that world and how going from place to place felt like a journey, an adventure if you will. The world was filled with mystery and had you wondering "hm I wonder what's over there?". When they added flying on Azeroth all that went away and the world shrunk. All for people's convenience. Now we're at a point where people are starting to think that mounts that I thought were more than fast enough are not fast enough. It really goes to show how much the playerbase has changed over the years.

We've had so many new players who probably never even played an RPG in their life coming into WoW with their own expectations and are disappointed to find out that you actually have to earn their way to their rewards. That they have to level up and build their character by doing several quests and that it required them to do lots of traveling around to get these quests. You know, the typical, basic things an RPG game would have. It's like wanting to play football but then complaining that you have to learn about the different plays. "I just want to pass the ball around and have fun!". Then go play catch with someone then and let the people who are serious about playing enjoy the game the way it was meant to be played.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2017-10-27 at 04:02 PM.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    need another option reduce flying speed to 100% the advantage of flying should be in skipping over hills and some trash mobs, while not making to fast. And mob camps / forts need ways to dismount flyers and/or pull them to the ground. This way flying is from Day 1 but not just used to skip everything.
    QFT. Still baffled they just flat out removed the ability to fly in Argus instead of adding tons of AAA to limit flying to daring shortcuts. I mean presumably they've been looking to take down the Vindicaar for 1k years? For all their regret on adding flying they'd rather just disable it than make it fun and challenging to use in the environments they think it trivializes. If they think flying adds a safe zone maybe do something about it instead of taking the lazy approach and slapping those who just got pathfinder in the face with their newest patch.
    Last edited by Tiwack; 2017-10-27 at 04:02 PM.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Blamblam41 View Post
    But you didn't skip anything. You had to kill the 14 guards on the ground, pick up the 12 items on the ground, dismount to talk to random npc #4232 and dismount to get into the building to kill random bad guy #16.

Flying did nothing to make those quests faster other than the time it took to get from quest hub to quest zone back to quest hub. And if you are honestly worried that is going to make you unimmersed? Then you've got other problems when it comes to video games.

I'll try to find it, but what I wrote is basically one of blizz's on argument against flying from day 1 on an expac. I'm a pro flyier by far and feel it adds immersion to the game world. I just want it to be more involved in the game than what it is.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    Why stop there? Make it 10,000%! Faster than the speed of light!
    Nuts to that, I want to just click on the map and be instantly teleported right where I clicked. Insta-travel >>> 10,000% flight speed, yo! :-)

Deleted
    If they allow 500% then the debate becomes "should they allow 750%??" and then "should they allow 1500%?". It's fine now, maybe upgrade the existent ones (instead of 150-280-310 go 200-300-350)

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    What do you think? It's time to make us fly even faster!
    I think they should add the instant teleport network on Argus... to every flight point. Instant teleport to anywhere a flight point is. There would be hub locations on each continent, like Org, ... you would go to those, and use the existing portals there, to get to the next teleport network ... heck if they really wanted to get crazy, have a world map hub port... and you could port from hub to hub.

100% replacement for all flight points everywhere. Add in a quest to upgrade your whistle to work anywhere. Problem solved. You now no longer ever "need" to fly anywhere.
    We think we climb so high, Upon the backs we've condemned ...We face our Conϛequence.

How about just having flying from day one of the expansion?!?!?!?!?!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Echoherb View Post
    Argus doesn't need flying.
    Why can other things fly around but me the SuperMan of Azeroth have to remain grounded? Oh wait look!! I get to fly aound on this quest but my dragon mount can only run.... why so stupid?!?!

Reminds me of dicking around with GM speed commands on private servers.

500% is way too slow.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

10+ Year Old Account
    Instead of that I'd rather get Argus style teleportation pads replacing flight masters in the game. I hope they take this idea to the next expansion.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Already flying at 430% on a paladin. Both new and old zones. (100+310+20 from class), Other class without class speed boost sits at 410%.

Running at 240% on Argus/Broken Isles. 220% in older zones. (100+100+20+20)

Seems the +20% from Pathfinder/Explore Argus only applies to ground mounts.

Still get +20% from class bonus, but only ground gets +40%.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-10-27 at 04:52 PM.

No, horrible idea.

I want 500% run speed so I can Jedi jump.

Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    That would mean content consumed faster, and less $$$ for Blizz. No way it's gonna happen.
    In my case I would play my other toons.

Now I don't feel playing my alts in Argus because of the flying issue, So my account is not active right now

500%
    Fuck that!!! I want ludicrous speed!!!!

*Blizzard sees this thread*

"In next weeks maintenance we will have a worldwide event. All winged mounts get their wings sliced off by the will of the encroaching Void. Anything else that flies without wings gets slammed into the ground forever with a max of 50% movement speed. No more threads about flying."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by A dot Ham View Post
    You might wanna tell that to the current player base. You know the guys that take a week or 2 off work (or don't have jobs to begin with) when a patch or xpac drops. Then they are here on the forums a week later complaining about the lack of content, because they've powered through it all.
    Mate, I tell them every time. Sadly, some believe there is a need to be acting like locust.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Mate, I tell them every time. Sadly, some believe there is a need to be acting like locust.
    Locusts I love it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Flight speed should be dropped down to 200% max. Even 310 is just unnecessarily fast.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfrick View Post
    REMOVE FLYING... there is no need for it, just look at WOD and legion, you could play it and it was alot of fun, then we got flying... and it all turns out to a Helicopter Simulator...
    Maybe your are trolling, but i'll bite -

There is a pretty significant amount of content that would be lost without flying. Lots of quests, dungeons, and even raids required flying mounts during BC, Wrath, Cata, and MoP.

Storm Peaks (including Ulduar) would be mostly gone. Huge questing areas in Netherstorm, SMV, Valley of the Four Winds, Twilight Highlands, would all be inaccessible. TK, Arc, Mech, Bot would all be gone. Occulus would be gone. Bastion of Twilight would be gone. Naxxramas would be gone. Throne of Four Winds, and Vortex Pinnacle both gone. Mogushan Vaults would be gone.

Sure, you could add cheesy teleport mechanics to fix some of those, but that just decreases the immersion even more.

I'm honestly surprised that Blizzard hasn't added cool-downs to mounts or limited flying duration, or added more Anti-Aircraft mobs to the game.
    I main a druid, and it makes no fucking sense that I stop being able to use my flight form just because I change zones. ( Looking at you, Isle of Giants )

Maybe for the next alt I make, I'll try an Ironman style challenge of never learning flying and not accepting summons to places I can't reach on foot.... I expect it will be annoying as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
    This......

They've already said they regret adding it. No way it gets faster.
    To be fair, it pretty obviously isn't the speed they dislike, but the freedom. I don't feel like 500% is necessary but let's not be stupid about it.