Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Dkwhyevernot View Post
    i have a noctua. its brown and cream, likes its 1978 its hideously ugly.

fortunately i can't see it and it does a great job
    Same. My friend also has one, though he has a windowed case and you CAN see it. However, it still does a great job and he loves it. It's not like anyone really goes looking at the inside of his PC anyway. Those that have just go, "Wow, that's some serious cooling you have there. Awesome."

Noctua sells now Black Fans btw (not the redux/server line).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Miyagie View Post
    Beige coloured fans have been scientifically tested to provide increased cooling over black coloured ones

I've went round and round, owned nearly every high end corsair AOI and done custom water cooling.

Currently, running NH-U14S. It's on the line where I consider going bigger overkill.

IMHO:If I was delidding I would go with an AOI but they generally haven't been worth the worry, and in my experience you need a good chip(good ihs to die contact) and not great internal airflow to get the advantages you may see in some of those benchmarks. This is just my experience, but NH-U14S hits a good line for me.

Just to reiterate, imho, you may likely see much lower temps from a delidded chip running a hyper 212 evo, than a non-delidded cpu running the best cooler money can buy. Furthermore, in my experience, if you have a "bad" or hot chip that doesn't have great contact, instead of having a 10 degree difference from best to worst cooler, than delta would be much lower because the efficiency of delivering the extra heat into the cooler is much lower. IE: Just some random numbers to show what I mean, imagine hyper 212+ evo in a "bad chip" vs corsair 110 in a "bad chip," running 5 degree delta, delid that chip and now there is a 9 degree delta between coolers, now making the higher end cooler much more valuable. My anecdotal experience, I don't know if this is generally accepted consensus.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2017-10-27 at 07:41 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Beige coloured fans have been scientifically tested to provide increased cooling over black coloured ones
    made me smile.

Quote Originally Posted by Miyagie View Post
    i have a noctua. its brown and cream, likes its 1978 its hideously ugly.

fortunately i can't see it and it does a great job
    Aside from the obvious suggestion of buying new fans from another manufacturer, Noctua have finally let go of their divisive "signature" look with the Chromax Line of products.

It isn't the beige, its the red fan blades.
    Red makes everything go faster.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Deleted
    I want chromed blades.

With leds

And frikkin lasers

Quote Originally Posted by computernerd View Post
    it isn't the beige, its the red fan blades.
    Red makes everything go faster.
    red makz fasta boyz yuu hare da bozz !

Dakka dakka dakka

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iannis View Post
    Hey all

SNIPS
    I recently bought the Fractal Design Celsius S36 AIO cooler. This thing has almost no pump noise even at 3000 rpm, it's crazy. I have the Define R5 and it's just looks right.

Here is a pic of how I have it set up. I have the fans set up linked to the fan controller on the radiator itself and I never hear the fans until it hits 2500rpm on the pump. I did test the fans on another header on mobo and I didn't hear them until around 1200RPM sitting about 1 metre from the PC. I do have it set up as intake on front of PC.

Deleted
    How does one get tired of a functional air cooler?

Another Fractal owner here. Great cooler for the money!