Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Maybe you should just go play something on steam so you can avoid having games advertised to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just do a WoW.exe start up and don't get tangled in minor things if it is such a problem?

Honestly, it has only blinked for me once, I saw the ad and that was it. The button doesn't scream, bite or attack you.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

The ad only once was glowing orange, clicked it, closed it. Never seen again.

15+ Year Old Account
    The mother of first world problems. WoW is now officially dead.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    I don't want to play Destiny 2. So could it please stop blinking on the launcher? I click on the tab, I close the ad, but when I relaunch the whole thing, Destiny 2 starts blinking again? Why? I don't want to buy this shitty game so stop ramming it down my throat.
    it's ok, I have called you a waaaaambulance and they are on their way to you now

Deleted
    I don't want to play Destiny 2. So could it please stop blinking on the launcher? I click on the tab, I close the ad, but when I relaunch the whole thing, Destiny 2 starts blinking again? Why? I don't want to buy this shitty game so stop ramming it down my throat.
    I'm a dwarf and i'm digging a hole.

10+ Year Old Account
    And here I thought you unsubbed because you hated WoW so much because all you do is QQ about the game.

OT: Like everyone else said launch from the .exe or grow up about it.

1) Not sure if you've played it or not, but Destiny 2 isn't shitty, though it could definitely use some work. Just because you dislike something doesn't make it shitty.
    2) Quit your bitching, holy shit. Every thread I've seen you start is nothing but a fucking whiny rant about stupid shit like this. Grow up.

Go get laid dude. Also it stops blinking on the beta version of Bnet btw.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanthoris View Post
    And here I thought you unsubbed
    I never said I unsubbed. I said several times I have it paid til May 2018. Unsubbing would be pointless for me cause I can make enough gold to buy several months of gametime every month. I only stopped playing until new content comes out. I'll be doing Antorus for 30 min. every couple of weeks when a new wing releases and that will probably be it until 8.0

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    1) Not sure if you've played it or not, but Destiny 2 isn't shitty
    I don't play shooters. I'm not interested in having a non-Blizzard game advertised to me. I'm playing Blizzard games.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aquinan View Post
    Go get laid dude. Also it stops blinking on the beta version of Bnet btw.
    What do I care about the beta version?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tanthoris View Post
    OT: Like everyone else said launch from the .exe or grow up about it.
    That doesn't help me when I wanna use battle.net. The point of battle.net was to have a platform for all Blizzard games. Not to annoy players so much with ads for a shitty game that they stopped using the platform altogether. Launching the game is what the platform is for.

I just stick a post-it note on the place of the Destiny 2 icon. Only seen it blink once, never again. It really works, you should try it.

EDIT: Okay, on a more serious note. Have you tried clicking the icon once? Because I did that and it hasn't been blinking ever since (I even just opened bnet to check it).

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you yell at every billboard you see while on the road? do you scream when you are watching TV and a commercial pops up? Do you raise your fists with rage when you see an ad on the sides of MMO-C?

- - - Updated - - -

He gave you a solution to solve your "problem" and you said you don't care.....clearly you are just trolling then.

I don't play shooters. I'm not interested in having a non-Blizzard game advertised to me. I'm playing Blizzard games.
    Fair criticism, but that still doesn't make it a shitty game.

That said, if you're THAT upset about it you can simply use the wow.exe to launch the game and only use the launcher for patches when needed...it IS an option. Whether you use it or not is up to you. But if you choose to use the launcher when there's a viable alternative, you really don't have a leg to stand on when complaining about it since you're choosing to subject yourself to it.

Are you fucking serious? Your whole whine thread was about it blinking, it doesn't seem to in the beta version. If it annoys you enough to make an entire thread dedicated to whingeing about it I'd think you would be happy there is a way for it to stop. If not then why make this asinine thread to begin with mm?

Quote Originally Posted by Scifix View Post
    What now? Never experienced this
    It does blink and flash an ad, along with the Destiny 2 ad appearing across all the games in the launcher. It is quite annoying. I'm not going to do anything about it, besides refuse to buy the game. The first couple times I thought I had gotten something, because the day it started flashing was the day Hearthstone did the same flashing and you got the free card pack. It's a little manipulative in my opinion.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

My Destiny 2 icon doesn't blink and hasn't been doing so since I first checked out why it was blinking and turned the ad down.

Must be something wrong with you, your eyes, or your launcher, hun!

launch wow from wow.exe without launching b-net app?

Here is how you stop it glowing forever.

Click it once. Click off it. Realise you spent 0.5s doing so and continue with your life because no time was lost.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Regalbeast View Post
    He gave you a solution to solve your "problem" and you said you don't care.....clearly you are just trolling then.
    Yeah using the beta version is an awesome solution. Thank you wise man.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Here is how you stop it glowing forever.

Click it once. Click off it. Realise you spent 0.5s doing so and continue with your life because no time was lost.
    I said in the OP that it starts glowing again every time I restart battle.net

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Fair criticism, but that still doesn't make it a shitty game.
    It is a shitty game for me, what are you trying to discuss here?

Deleted
    It blinks once and then stops. You might have some real problems if this is triggering you that much. You might want to talk to someone about it.

- - - Updated - - -

Technically you're actually playing Activision-Blizzard games. So yeah. Get used to it,