Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Not to look down at the post or anything, but why didn't you just copy paste the message instead of posting several screenshots of the message?

Quote Originally Posted by Wondercrab View Post
    victim blaming
    What a worthless accusation. If a person is unwilling/unable to use the tools provided them to mitigate a problem, the hell are we supposed to do about it other than suggest that people should use those tools if they don't want a similar problem?

And, I'm not sure how to tell you this, but: suicide is literally the victim's fault.
    Last edited by s_bushido; 2017-10-29 at 12:40 AM.

Are some posters in this thread seriously victim blaming a person who committed suicide? For goodness sake, people. This is why there's such a social stigma against mental illness.
    The thing is, there are measures within a game the person could of taken instead of going this far. Report / ignore feature / name change / server change, etc etc. The list goes on. I feel for this guy, but to take his own life over 1 person whom he never met from a video game.. is a bit extreme.

Could of swore there was an ignore, report and name change feature in this game
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Report, block, ignore and log out.

There, dealt with the problem.

Blame aside, the person clearly had other issues going on that led to this.

7+ Year Old Account
    My prayers and thoughts will be with you and your friends and family and those of that knew the victim.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    That's what happens if you don't seek professional help.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Are some posters in this thread seriously victim blaming a person who committed suicide? For goodness sake, people. This is why there's such a social stigma against mental illness.
    No one is doing that. People are just pointing out that the game isn't the reason for the suicide because of how easy is to prevent someone cyber-bullying you in WoW (right click > ignore and the whole account is ignored).

The most likely scenario is the guy had severe mental health issues in real life, finished his daily routine, played a few hours while thinking about his current life situation, concluded suicide was the only way out (I'm not saying it was the correct conclusion, just stating what was going on in his mind) and killed himself. Then people assumed his last actions before the suicide were the cause of the suicide itself. It happens all the time and it's rarely the correct assumption

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn, I need to step up my trolling game.

- - - Updated - - -

7+ Year Old Account
    Please if your´re that weak that WORDS bring you to killing yourself then you´re not suited for the world and the life outside of a game period.

/ignore??

I'm sorry but i cant' feel sorry for a person that commited suicide from some 'cyber bulling' in a game like WoW He probably had something else going IRL that made him desperated,

And also from the text it seems he was a roleplayer...And every roleplayer is 'Damaged'?? Give me a break are roleplayers now the special snowflakes with mental issues ?

I understand that people wanna escape reality but that doesn't mean you have to take your 'internet' live seriously..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    WoW player commits suicide from mental health issues

Corrected that title for you.

No one kills themselves because people are mean on the internet - they do it because they're sick, and did not get the psychiatric help they needed.
    Wrong, people being internet trolls can escalate said mental issue, you really shouldn't speak about that which you know nothing about.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

What loot did they drop?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post

Also side note to the people victim blaming. Go fuck yourself.
    How about you go fuck yourself with your dumb accusations? How can you tell this isn't fake and it's not some person bullshitting. Are you so quick to believe anything on the internet just so you can equip your sjw shield and "righteously" belittle people from your moral highground?

people like you make the internet a really annoying place sometimes

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    This has got to be fake. A trade chat troll? Really? How fucking fragile do you need to be to let that get to you to the point where you kill yourself?
    I don’t know if it’s a fake or not, but surely you can’t say that it’s completely out of the realm of possibility. We’ve all known that one player who has 50 110s. The guy who is seemingly nice but always very quiet. The guy who collects everything and spends entirely too much money and time in game to the exclusion of everything else. Warcraft is an amazing escape from reality, but for some that escapism is a way of life. That their life is so wrong and broken that they have nothing else.

And then you have trade chat. Filled with people who are less than kind. White supremacists, trolls, and so on. And some of them are unrelenting. Some of the people are cruel. And yes, I have heard of harassment before, we all have.

I’m not entirely surprised someone committed suicide. I’m more surprised that we don’t hear about it more often.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    Wrong, people being internet trolls can escalate said mental issue, you really shouldn't speak about that which you know nothing about.
    That dosnt make him wrong it still stems from a mental issue if your mental health are so bad that you cant take what a random person on the internet says through a game you shouldnt be playing it distance yourself from the problem.
    My rogue RIP 2004-2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    No they don’t learn and evidence suggests that. Behavior also doesn’t change and if there is any hope of learning behavior has to change.

Not meaningless declarations easy to say after he regrets offering up evidence he’s a racist.

If you coomit suicide coz internet trolling there is major mental problems, and without treatmnet, he could kill himself a day or a year later.

Stood in the Fire The5thVegetable's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I could write a long and detailed post explaining how this is not bullshit to the people who claim so.

But I'm not going to bother because who the fuck is honesstly going to care?

Damn he killed himself over cyber bullying like just walk away from the computer... its not like the bully will terrorize him irl

Or if it got REALLY drastic he could have just name changed

Plus he obv had irl toubles
    Last edited by Divinexve; 2017-10-29 at 01:01 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Anyway stop being such an ass fucktard.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivium666 View Post
    Would you kindly go fuck yourself?