Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric75 View Post
    I don’t know if it’s a fake or not, but surely you can’t say that it’s completely out of the realm of possibility. We’ve all known that one player who has 50 110s. The guy who is seemingly nice but always very quiet. The guy who collects everything and spends entirely too much money and time in game to the exclusion of everything else. Warcraft is an amazing escape from reality, but for some that escapism is a way of life. That their life is so wrong and broken that they have nothing else.

And then you have trade chat. Filled with people who are less than kind. White supremacists, trolls, and so on. And some of them are unrelenting. Some of the people are cruel. And yes, I have heard of harassment before, we all have.

I’m not entirely surprised someone committed suicide. I’m more surprised that we don’t hear about it more often.
    White supermacist ?? Are you for real?

I have been bullied/trolled terrible in my past and in my darkest hour i choose life because i love living. we can't take on the darkness by ourselves. reply to original poster, i hope you guys got that users name that was bullying Olivia daae and get that assholes account(s) all banned for life. harassment givin to olivia daae who choose to take her own life. anyone wants to be an asshole to people in real life be ready for getting the shit kicked out of you. people that want to be assholes over trade chat are all cowards who prey on folly. assholes be warned over tradechat harassment. ever happen to see the person who bullied olivia daae kill him. i'll gladly kill all evil trashy people to make the world a better place.

god bless you Olivia daae, jesus and god watch over you in your afterlife may it be fruitful and full of love and joy.
    Last edited by Naiattavain; 2017-10-29 at 01:02 AM.
    “Choose a job you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life” “Logic will get you from A to Z; Imagination will get you everywhere.”

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    This has got to be fake. A trade chat troll? Really? How fucking fragile do you need to be to let that get to you to the point where you kill yourself?
    Lol yeah this dudes suicide had nothing to do with a trade chat troll... it may have been icing on the cake if he was omega sensitive but clearly already had major issues to take his own life. I don't know what this guys message is trying to point out, it's a melodramatic piece with an ignorant tone and delusional thoughts if he really believes him posting that will change anything. Trolls will exist, now and forever, it is your job not to be a bitch and take everything so seriously, I mean by golly it's the interwebz. Had this man who took his own life been living under a rock until now? It's like this was his first experience with /2 and it just blew his mind to the point of suicide.. I don't get it.

He had so many options but chooses literally the worst one before attempting anything else, I know that cuz avoiding trolls is very easy.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I call bullshit. It's too easy to ignore someone in wow. The only way someone can interact with you is if you want them to.

person has mental health issues, lets them self get bullied by not reporting to blizzard or ignoring or countless other things, then kills them self.

the fact here is 99.99999% of people being trolled in trade chat didn't commit suicide so trade chat is basically as much to blame as the moon landing, and basically 100% to do with mental health issues.

you can be rich and successful and still commit suicide look at Chester Bennington or Robin Williams, what factors made them commit suicide? having a massively successful life with lots of money? or mental health issues?

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Seems like more of a "Oh fuck lil' Jimmy killed himself, it must have been Video games!!"

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    This can be avoided if real ID is implemented.
    Now he can face this bully in real life !

Seriously, if this bully doesn't know his real life name/address, he has no one to blame except himself.

I wonder how old is he?
    That's an awful idea for 101 reasons. You're either a 2/10 troll or genuinely so short sighted that you don't see this would a) not reduce them amount of people calling others cunt, or saying "kys", but would b) increase rates of stalking, assault and murder over video-games. You already have CoD players finding each other irl and stabbing/shooting each other.

Bullying is bad, yes, but this guy taking his life can PROBABLY not be chalked down to something that one-dimensional.

Quote Originally Posted by Demona3 View Post
    The thing is, there are measures within a game the person could of taken instead of going this far. Report / ignore feature / name change / server change, etc etc. The list goes on. I feel for this guy, but to take his own life over 1 person whom he never met from a video game.. is a bit extreme.
    Mental illness doesn't tend to be rational or pragmatic. That aside, I've known people who have suffered from harassment in WoW, and when it gets this bad it's not often a simple case of casual trolls who can be blocked or reported. It's likely people who are part of the same social community, who the victim will continue to have indirect contact with via others even if they do make liberal use of blocking and reporting. Just as some mentally unstable people can go to extreme lengths as a result of harassment, other mentally unstable can go to extreme lengths to harass others. This can involve lies and social manipulation, creating a narrative against someone and persuading others to join in on the harassment, tracking them down in other online communities, and just generally doing everything they can to get under their victim's skin. Seriously, unstable people can do really malicious things when they have a vendetta against someone.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    What a worthless accusation. If a person is unwilling/unable to use the tools provided them to mitigate a problem, the hell are we supposed to do about it other than suggest that people should use those tools if they don't want a similar problem?
    This can be done without dismissing the kind of behaviour that contributes to (and often triggers) the psychological decline of mentally unwell individuals. Pouring gas around the place is not excusable just because most of the time it doesn't land on a fire.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    This has got to be fake. A trade chat troll? Really? How fucking fragile do you need to be to let that get to you to the point where you kill yourself?
    Couldn't they ignore the trade chat troll? Or report. That's what I do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Speculation and discussion about why someone would take their own life is outside the scope of this forum. If you have something to say perhaps commenting on the Facebook post would be a better idea.

Closing.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."