Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    Low level combat in FF14 is horrendous.

What makes you die a lot (well, you die only if you tend to facepull a lot and often) in FF14 are longass GCD on lower levels and lack of abilities that are necessary for smoother rotation, but the latter is fixed around lvl 30, however, the former keeps being a huge PITA for many more levels >_>

You basically have 1-2 buttons to press and between each click you have to wait for eternity T_T

WoW's low level combat is kinda shite too, but at least it's smooth.
    There's no difference. They're both silky smooth (if you consider a longer GCD not smooth, then you're not using the right words) and both combat systems work flawlessly. Your combat times are based AROUND your GCD, so it's not a hindrance when it's designed that way. Even leveling in the new expansion for FFXIV, depending on your class & I was playing the new Samurai which was considered OP at the time, it was still hard to do 1 mob, taking on two mobs that are intended to taken on 1 on 1 is very difficult. There are mobs, usually in quest lines, that spawn a bunch of enemies but their health is made lower to make up for it otherwise some fights would be straight impossible

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    I can agree that the game is too easy.

If they brought back actual death and taking damage after attacking one mob that required us to eat and drink between pulls, i think that would be for the better.

Also they really need to remove LFR, Flying, and LFD from the game. Those are the things that destroyed the community in the game.
    Just fucking stop it with the LFR/LFD/FLYING bullshit. It brought more people into raiding and hasn't detracted from the hardcore scene one iota. Play the game YOU want to play and stop fucking worrying about what everyone else is doing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pawstruck View Post
    TLDR: The game is too fking easy.
    K.
    Don't let the door hit you.

Deleted
    Dont agree with the "wow is easier than the other"

Agree with the "quest mob that cant kill you and have no fighting mechanic is boring"

Most of the fight are juste auto attack with sometime an ability that do nearly anything

I'd like to see just a little more interraction/difficulty

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    Pre-Cataclysm, pre-Heirlooms, when there still elite quests in the world and so on, you actually had to play your character whilst leveling. Was it hugely demanding and stuff? No, maybe not, but you had to actually play your character, just like in GW2/ESO/etc.

Post-Cata, post-Heirlooms, you just 1-2 shot everything all the time and there basically aren't even any world elites (with very few exceptions). You don't have to play your character all, and doing so does not help. You just roll that face.

And you say "WELL ITS WASNT HARD!!!!" but there's a huge gap between "not hard" and "total faceroll". Like a giant gap, a gap filled with gameplay.

So WoW could really stand to get some of that back.
    For what reason does low level questing require "difficulty" brought back to it? Also what do you define as "difficult", nearly dying to 1 mob? dying if you accidentally pull 2 mobs? That just sounds boring as fuck. If I want to play a game where I fight hard enemies in small Groups I'll play something single player.

Also you complain leveling is too easy and that WoW is bad now because of it, yet the expansions which introduced heirlooms is also the expansion that had the highest consistent Sub count.

If you don't find WoW fun, don't play it. Go play one of your "hard" games. I'll enjoy facerolling leveling and actually keep the hard stuff for max level.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hambanner View Post
    K.
    Don't let the door hit you.
    The game IS too easy, especially the leveling game. Get off your high horse and come back to reality.

7+ Year Old Account
    Playing other MMO's reminds me of why i love WoW so much

However, I had a blast on TERA and the SWTOR story mode is fantastic

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MyndZero View Post
    There's no difference. They're both silky smooth (if you consider a longer GCD not smooth, then you're not using the right words) and both combat systems work flawlessly. Your combat times are based AROUND your GCD, so it's not a hindrance when it's designed that way. Even leveling in the new expansion for FFXIV, depending on your class & I was playing the new Samurai which was considered OP at the time, it was still hard to do 1 mob, taking on two mobs that are intended to taken on 1 on 1 is very difficult. There are mobs, usually in quest lines, that spawn a bunch of enemies but their health is made lower to make up for it otherwise some fights would be straight impossible
    AHAHAHAH What???! Ok so this is a clear case of you just being horrible. I swapped to SAM as soon as I hit 50 and easily take on groups of 3-4 enemies at a time with ease.

If you understood your class back in Vanilla, and you played a spec that wasn't a pile of trash, leveling was never a challenge, it was just tedious. I played a paladin and never died once I understood what to do. Do a very basic rotation, and drink/eat after each pack. The only real difference now is that it is faster. I fondly recall my mage rounding up an entire quests worth of mobs, popping mana shield, and just spamming arcane explosion until they all died, and drinking after each fight. Toss in a CoC/Nova and they couldn't keep in range to hit you. I probably leveled 1-60 on him with a set of 5 spells. Nova, CoC, arcane explosion, arcane intellect, and conjure food.

Tedium doesn't equate to challenge. Nor does you being bad at the game, I don't find other MMOs challenging either, because I understand that you look up decent class builds and how to handle various mechanics. My character in FF was taking on 5-6 mobs by level 10, using her dots and a healing spell to keep her alive, and her familiar just tanked them all. Adding true challenge to leveling content is far too punishing, and will alienate large chunks of people who enjoy a more carefree experience while gaming - which is why I've yet to find an MMO with challenging leveling content. You can, however, create challenge for yourself by either restricting your ability usage, or pushing your character's toolkit to the limit by putting yourself in dangerous situations. As an example, I play balance while I'm questing on argus, and I try to pull an entire quest's worth of mobs and survive through CDs, abilites, etc, while letting my dots and starfall kill the mobs. I could go one by one and just lol through them all if I wanted though.
    Last edited by God Save The King; 2017-10-30 at 04:16 PM.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pawstruck View Post
    It's a fine enough game, but it used to be the greatest game. Revelation: Back in WoW's top-dog days, you played the game and did not raid and enjoyed it. A lot. Some of you didn't even make it to max level... and you enjoyed it. A LOT. I played all through Vanilla and hit level cap only 5 days before TBC came out... and still, I loved the game.

I dare you to go make a new character in WoW, get to about level 10 or so, and pull 2-4 packs. Don't kill the mobs, just stand there. How long does it take them to kill you? How long would it take you to kill them? Is leveling a "grind" or an adventure?

...exactly.

Now I dare you to try the same thing in ESO, Final Fantasy, GW2, etc. You'll die in about 10 seconds. Killing 2-4 packs at once requires serious concentration and optimal use of abilities... if you can do it at all. Much of the time you'll have to run away. You HAVE to think, build your character, and play him/her well or you die.

WoW is just... a shadow of what it was. The entire game is raiding and daily quests. 90% of it is now irrelevant and boring, especially if you have heirloom gear. Nothing in the game is threatening at all. I remember in Vanilla I would walk into a new area cautiously, scouting out the mobs. Oh - and by the way - praying that a Horde Orc Rogue wouldn't pop out and destroy me at the wrong moment. There was an invigorating sense of danger, risk, and interest.

TLDR: The game is too fking easy.
    Playing other MMORPG's reminds me why all of them sucked ass, flopped, went F2P and were cancelled.

I can agree that the game is too easy.

If they brought back actual death and taking damage after attacking one mob that required us to eat and drink between pulls, i think that would be for the better.

Also they really need to remove LFR, Flying, and LFD from the game. Those are the things that destroyed the community in the game.
    I totally agree! They also need to remove epics. Wearing epics makes you kill stuff too fast.
    Also, having too many rares equipped makes it too easy. You should only be able to wear a max of 2-3 at a time.
    Oh yeah, greens makes it too easy as well. They should only have one stat increase.
    White gear generally has too much armor on it.
    Your abilities also deals too much base damage. They should do at most half of what they do now.
    Dying also has no consequences. I say you lose a level every time you die. If you die at level 1, your character gets deleted.
    Finally it is unrealistic that you can run everywhere all the time. They should add stamina like in Diablo 2. But you should only be able to run for 10 sec at a time.

Seriously though, can you honestly say that you "miss" having to eat and drink after every single mob? If so, by all means, feel free to unequip your heirlooms (Or just all gear ever, see if I care). Or just pretend to take damage and spend at least 10 seconds eating after every kill?

WoW's leveling got dumbed down to a point where it feels like a mindless grind.

- Too many levels
    - Too many zones which you outlevel pretty quick, especially with heirlooms
    - There is no feel of danger, you can play with one hand and still kill 2-3 mobs at the same time (its even worse with full decked heirloom char)
    - There is no feel of progression while leveling, you randomly get new spells at random levels. There is no feel of accomplishment when you gain a new level.

"wow leveling was never difficult" I guess you never played during vanilla when pulling 2 mobs where actually a challenge, where you had to sit and regen HP/Mana, train first aid, find and join a group to kill an elite quest. Also you had to take a break from killing stuff and visit the class trainer, manually learn new spells, each level rewarding a talent point.

This times are long gone, sadly.

15+ Year Old Account
    I enjoyed leveling from 1-60 in Classic. I don't really want to level from 1-60 ever again unless that content is new and different. I already have 13 level 100+ characters.

It really doesn't matter how hard or easy or fun the content is after you've done it a dozen times. It always becomes a grind eventually.
    Last edited by Kathranis; 2017-10-30 at 04:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Banorak View Post
    Play what you wanna play mate. But i'm gonna play WoW and have fun. Those other games don't appeal to me and probably doesn't appeal to everyone either.
    How dare you come here and spout positive and logical things ?! HERESY!

/s
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    For what reason does low level questing require "difficulty" brought back to it? Also what do you define as "difficult", nearly dying to 1 mob? dying if you accidentally pull 2 mobs? That just sounds boring as fuck. If I want to play a game where I fight hard enemies in small Groups I'll play something single player.
    I'm saying "where you actually need to use the abilities your character has". That's where I define the right level of difficulty. Not "Oh shit I pulled two mobs!", but "If I pull this entire camp I actually need to blow cooldowns and/or maybe use one of the literally dozens of healing potions I have"-type difficulty.

Also you complain leveling is too easy and that WoW is bad now because of it, yet the expansions which introduced heirlooms is also the expansion that had the highest consistent Sub count.
    If you think there's a connection, you're not thinking very hard. Relatively few people had Heirlooms back then because they were non-trivial to get, and had to be mailed around to characters individually. Even a rich, grind-loving player might only have a weapon and chest for a character back in Wrath.

Lots of other Heirlooms didn't come in until the Guild systems in Cata, and that's when things really started to go bad, PvE-wise, because that the same time, the Cata World Revamp made the Old World far more trivial than it had been.

If you don't find WoW fun, don't play it. Go play one of your "hard" games. I'll enjoy facerolling leveling and actually keep the hard stuff for max level.
    That doesn't appear to be any kind of rational argument, just a "You have a different opinion so you should fuck off!" kind of deal, which isn't very impressive. I really doubt you do much, if any leveling, frankly.

Deleted
    The game IS too easy, especially the leveling game. Get off your high horse and come back to reality.
    Perhaps you just need to get over your issues or play a harder game out there somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Adlian View Post
    WoW's leveling got dumbed down to a point where it feels like a mindless grind.

- Too many levels
    - Too many zones which you outlevel pretty quick, especially with heirlooms
    - There is no feel of danger, you can play with one hand and still kill 2-3 mobs at the same time (its even worse with full decked heirloom char)
    - There is no feel of progression while leveling, you randomly get new spells at random levels. There is no feel of accomplishment when you gain a new level.

"wow leveling was never difficult" I guess you never played during vanilla when pulling 2 mobs where actually a challenge, where you had to sit and regen HP/Mana, train first aid, find and join a group to kill an elite quest. Also you had to take a break from killing stuff and visit the class trainer, manually learn new spells, each level rewarding a talent point.

This times are long gone, sadly.
    While I agree the 1-100 leveling experience could use an overhaul, maybe level scaling or just bring back a bit of challenge to mobs for heirloom people or without heirlooms people there isn't much that can be done about "too many levels" the game is nearly 13 years old ya know.

I played during Vanilla, right at the start. Compared to EQ's mobs beating the tar out of you Vanilla WoW was a walk in the park. In EQ you had to group unless you were one of a few classes that could kite mobs around and solo. For people not experienced with MMOs Vanilla could pose a challenge early on. But most of the challenge was "Mobs auto attack really hard, don't pull more than 1 or 2." The rest of what you said is just time gating/tedium, take forever to regen health/mana so fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hambanner View Post
    Perhaps you just need to get over your issues or play a harder game out there somewhere.
    You do realise who you're replying to right?
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

Are you (the guy telling people that you want to drink between every pull) telling that dude to come back to reality?
    Rofl. That’s rich. Like he said. Just stop. We all know you are a blizzard fan boi 100%. We get it. Stop being ridiculous. Even blizzard is smarter than to implement any of your suggestions because it would be suicide for the franchise. Stop with your crap already. Stop baiting people in with nonsense and spouting b.s. just to get a reaction.

Deleted
    Oh another one who is a multi rank 1 gladiator and #1 in mythic+!

Yeah, the difficulty in WoW is what you set out to do. Leveling? Are you serious?

There is challenging content to do.