Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Let's be real here. the general population is becoming softer and weaker by the year. This is not their fault but the way the world works right now. Times are changing. This is not for the better. we are getting a weaker generation each new generation.

It is time for real punishment and return of the army trainings in each country.
    18+ teens should be atleast a year in the army to learn discipline and fighting skills.
    Criminals should have no rights at all. Should do what ever they are told or else be ended.
    Police should have the rights to look at the things they want if someone is suspected to do something criminal/illegal. (there is way to much privacy in this world)

People are becoming more weirder and weirder. And this has to change.

It is time to make the next generation real men.
    Have you been to starbucks recently? What do you think of the baristas?
    Last edited by Tennis; 2017-10-30 at 09:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vizardlorde View Post
    nope I am happier being a 25 y/o immature child with little responsibilities.
    Does your mom do your laundry?

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Realitytrembles View Post
    Fine with me. I will not fight for something I don't believe in. No matter the consequences.

"I dislike death, however, there are some things I dislike more than death. Therefore, there are times when I will not avoid danger." --- Mencius
    What is wrong with serving your country. You rather watch it being taken over by ISIS?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Does your mom do your laundry?
    No, but yours does mine. Kek. No seriously, I'm joking here mods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    We only burn oil in this house! Oil that comes from decent, god-fearing sources like dinosaurs! Which didn't exist!

10+ Year Old Account
    While I would not go THAT far, I do agree with some of the OP ideas.

For example, I do think that 1 year of army service or alternatively public service for those who have finished with their high school would go a long way and by the way I am not talking only about men here, women are equally capable of doing just that as well.

Other stuff is just too severe for the sake of severity.

Being immature at age of 20-30 still. Have no idea how to fight and have no respect for most folk.
    Feel like they have the right to do how they are and because of the system right now, they get the way they want.

If someone is a jerk/whiny baby, he should be punished. Not the person who says something about it.
    As opposed to all those 40-60 year old immature adults?

Deleted
    I'm against forced conscription 100%

That said I do notice a hefty % of people between 18 and 28 that are avoiding independence be it refusing to leave home or getting long college courses not for the future but to just remain a student. I feel this will affect important life skills

What is wrong with serving your country. You rather watch it being taken over by ISIS?
    If my country decided to invade you because you had oil (US jokes, ho!) why would I ever want to fight for that?

7+ Year Old Account
    @Gimlix, I will try to work on my strength and masculinity.

What do you think about chad nationalism, do you think that could help?

10+ Year Old Account
    Those who have 100% reason to not be able to fight, can stay at the home. This means only those who are disabled etc. (Not those who are scared to be in a war)

Those who are accused of murder or rape, should have no rights and should be treated the worst way possible. In holland a few weeks ago, a girl got raped and murdered because of our fail justice system on how he had too much rights. Guys like this should be executed. They are not worthy to be fed and spend on.

Because if police are 100% sure someone is doing something horrible. they still need proof to get it. And you can't just randomly storm in this persons house and get proof suddenly out of a random blue attack. No they need to ask requirements first etc. If i was a cop and i know someone would do something illegal, i would cross the line to find out that hes guilty, but i would be the one to blame, because i crossed the privacy line. (thats just total BS)
    While this train of thought may be acceptable in the Netherlands, it is utterly abhorrent to any country that values freedom.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennis View Post
    What do you think of the barristers?
    You mean baristas. Barristers are lawyers.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

10+ Year Old Account
    Those who are accused of murder or rape, should have no rights and should be treated the worst way possible. In holland a few weeks ago, a girl got raped and murdered because of our fail justice system on how he had too much rights. Guys like this should be executed. They are not worthy to be fed and spend on.
    Just accused?

Fine, I accuse you of murdering someone I know. There, you no longer have any rights and will be abused in jail.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    If my country decided to invade you because you had oil (US jokes, ho!) why would I ever want to fight for that?
    It's about being trained enough to be able to defend your country. Not to be deported to other countries.
    1 year of soldier training and then you go back to your old life. When war comes, you will enter your call to fight. Not flee.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Joining the military teaches you a LOT more than just how to kill a person
    I know. I joined the Army, too, in 2005.

However, joining the military doesn't make you a "man". You're a man no matter what (if you have a penis), what Gimlix is saying is that he wants to only see men that fit his narrow view of what a masculine person is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Joining the military teaches you a LOT more than just how to kill a person
    This.

Have any of you guys ever spoke to an older guy? When military training was still a thing at age of 18? All of them tell you how much it teaches you. And idd not just how to kill a person. Discipline, respect etc. Something todays generation doesn't have.

Lol yeh. Good luck to anyone jumping over two oceans with enough people to take over the US. Invasion fleet gets nuked to bits in the middle of the ocean, while I go back to my cheeseburgers and video games.

" Alone among the great powers , the Americans have unique advantages. They are surrounded on two sides by weak neighbors, and on two other sides by fish." ---Otto Von Bismarck

And anything less than invasion level numbers of terrorists is a matter for the police/FBI.

So you want men to be 'men', to practice very bad masculine tropes and not change with an ever changing society? You do realise that young men are the group that has the most suicides right, and that 'toxic masculinity', or the requirement to never show emotion, to be 'hard' and to never talk about yoru problems is likely the major cause of this?
    RETH

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I know. I joined the Army, too, in 2005.

However, joining the military doesn't make you a "man". You're a man no matter what (if you have a penis), what Gimlix is saying is that he wants to only see men that fit his narrow view of what a masculine person is.
    Being in the military in my country teaches you how to run and paint walls.

Hold on ... who is paying for all this training ?

Deleted
    I think that in the West for some time now, men haven't really been men and women have been denied their own feminity.