Page 47 of 115 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like an actor on the show has accused Kevin Spacey of shenanigans...

https://www.buzzfeed.com/adambvary/a...RN1#.knnjaY01d

The Star Trek: Discovery actor says women speaking out about sexual misconduct in the entertainment industry has compelled him to come forward about the Oscar winner.

Ok...... that episode.............. I have absolutely no words. But I did get a kick out of Mud though. Great character, I hope to see more of him. He seems rather Qish without the Omnipotence.

Deleted
    Jesus that episode, it was all building up with a cool premise and then just...what? is that it?

Garbage writing, make an episode about time, then run out of it and hash it.

I'm sorry, what was the problem? Not enough technobabble?

I was okay with episode 7, magic to make the sanest man go mad.

It's was a traditional time loop story, that's been done on Trek a dozen times. The stuff that makes these time loops interesting was done pretty well. Mud killing the captain 53 times was great. The space whale is from TOS? Mudd was great. How he called the coms guy "random coms guy". The relationship between Michael and the Security guy was great. Tilly was great as usual.

The part I thought was a little rushed was Mudd's punishment. Mudd tried to murder everyone on the ship and they just let him go?

Also that ship that carried the baron looked off, like someone ran out of ideas and just cobbled it together.

I'd have to say that it was an episode that would've fit nicely into TOS. Mudd, time loops and space whales where TOS things.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Mandatory time loop episode already? Did they run out of stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    The part I thought was a little rushed was Mudd's punishment. Mudd tried to murder everyone on the ship and they just let him go?
    He still had control of the primary systems, iirc. They weren't in that good a position to bargain.

The problem with the episode wasn't the Mudd stuff, it was trying to make it about Michael's character development without having her be the one outside of the time loop. It was one thing for us to see it, but would have all been erased every time the loop reset. But that's a problem with stories like this in general. By the end, they usually act as if everyone knows what happened in previous loops regardless of what their characters would have actually experienced.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    I dont think that they knew the Baron was gonna go nice nice on Mudd. Knowing what he did to the Baron and his Daughter, I think they thought the Baron would be a far worse trade off than him just getting to get married.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    He still had control of the primary systems, iirc. They weren't in that good a position to bargain.
    On the last loop, they were able to fool Mudd into thinking he had control.They had control the whole time. Personally me as Lorca I woulda transported him into space, but that would end a great character we will be seeing more of.,

e7 wasnt amazing writing. But I don't think that is what we are going to get with this show. It is going to be bling special effects and beef. But this was the first show of the whole line thus far I actually felt was a Star Trek episode and not just some bland sci-fi "enter name here" show. Yeah, it was also a repeat of a pretty used concept. But most stories are pretty much a repeat of pervious stories in some fashion. Usually just put in a different place, with different people, doing different things but all following simlar goals and progression though the story. That's what was done here.

Michael-Ash seems forced as fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    Michael-Ash seems forced as fuck.
    YUP, they have to put in a straight relationship duo to make up for the gay relationship.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    No one. And I was right.
    No, your are lying and WRONG.
    YOU claimed the show wouldnt get picked up for a second season and it just did silly.

so? no one cares that he wanted to do ahs in space and thank god so.

However, given the train wreck this show turned out to be, it wouldn't surprise me if they do some serious switching of gears.
    You clearly should get some HELP with your PROBLEM.
    just because YOU dont like something doesnt make it a train wreck....

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like an actor on the show has accused Kevin Spacey of shenanigans...

https://www.buzzfeed.com/adambvary/a...RN1#.knnjaY01d
    which has what to do with ST? right nothing.....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    No, your are lying and WRONG.
    YOU claimed the show wouldnt get picked up for a second season and it just did silly.

so? no one cares that he wanted to do ahs in space and thank god so.

You clearly should get some HELP with your PROBLEM.
    just because YOU dont like something doesnt make it a train wreck....

- - - Updated - - -

which has what to do with ST? right nothing.....
    Thank you for that nonsensical, emotional and not-very-well-thought-out series of replies. And to answer that last question, it has to do with STD because the actor accusing Kevin Spacey is on the show... which to me is self evident.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post
    So reading all this hate on Burnham....

Is it understood that she is a HUMAN? I have to ask because I see so many posts about how she plays a bad character. As I see the character, she is a Human on a planet where No one likes humans and are disgusted that Sarek not only had sex with one but now brought a full fledged Orphan human to the planet...

I would like to see the many that post such hate on her go through the rigors of having to be a human being conditioned to be a Vulcan. Being beat down by all around you because you are someone that just does not belong. Being beat and cast down because you are an equal or better than those around you who shun you because you are a different race considered to be primitive.

I do not like the character so far myself because I think she is rather wooden.
    Yeah, well the thing is though, that SM-G was just as wooden on the Walking Dead, so it's not about her playing a Vulcan, at all. That has nothing to do with it. It's just the actor herself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    You know what doesn't matter? Your opinion.
    Well he is 100% right, it is a shit show and the people behind the show have lied through their teeth just as they lied about Khan. They keep talking about canon and how they will be loyal to it, supposedly have people behind the scenes working to uphold canon. That is a 100% complete fucking lie, they're pissing all over canon and it's desperate fools like you who're so desperate for anything Trek (even though this isn't Trek, it's some generic shit sci-fi) that you will accept any shit they shovel as long as you can keep fooling yourself into thinking it's Trek.

oy very that episode was just bad.... like a club/rave on a star ship..... esp the sense outside of the ship showing the colored lights in the windows. I face palmed so hard.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

10+ Year Old Account
    So reading all this hate on Burnham....

Is it understood that she is a HUMAN? I have to ask because I see so many posts about how she plays a bad character. As I see the character, she is a Human on a planet where No one likes humans and are disgusted that Sarek not only had sex with one but now brought a full fledged Orphan human to the planet...

I would like to see the many that post such hate on her go through the rigors of having to be a human being conditioned to be a Vulcan. Being beat down by all around you because you are someone that just does not belong. Being beat and cast down because you are an equal or better than those around you who shun you because you are a different race considered to be primitive.

I do not like the character so far myself because I think she is rather wooden. But she is playing a role that has no background. No Human was allowed on Vulcan so there is no real source material for her to learn from. She has what is known about Vulcans, but how to equate that to a mix of a Human that has to be Vulcan has to be hard.

But as Sarek pointed out he brought her back to Starfleet to be reintegrated with her HUMAN side. Yes it was a shame of a story but as the show progresses youare seeing more and more of the Human she is and how her emotions are starting to take hold of her. Add her Logic training she had from Vulcan and then combine that with her human emotions and we will see a good fleshed character in time
    She is a bad character, a fucking horrible character, she is Human but she is pretending to be Vulcan and failing miserably. She is nothing but a egotistical, self centered, and arrogant little bitch. (And no I'm not being misogynistic, I had no problem at all with Janeway...no problem at all with Captain Gerogiou (Which I think would have been a better main character, main character...yes another thing they pissed on canon...Star Trek used to always be about a crew not a single self centered little person))

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    oy very that episode was just bad.... like a club/rave on a star ship..... esp the sense outside of the ship showing the colored lights in the windows. I face palmed so hard.
    Yeah...they're so desperate to bring in the kids and this is what we get, surprised there wasn't a glass bowl where officers put their combadges for a little swinging action as well.

Ok...... that episode.............. I have absolutely no words. But I did get a kick out of Mud though. Great character, I hope to see more of him. He seems rather Qish without the Omnipotence.
    mon capitan?
    READ and be less Ignorant.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have been enjoying this show a lot. I think the relationship between ash and michael is a bit forced and will be super weird if he turns out to be a klingon in disguise which at this point i feel is too obvious and wont happen. Cant wait for more.

Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    I'm sorry...there's something wrong with being able to see colored light in the windows of a starship? Are 20-somethings not allowed to party in the 23rd century? I know the "but muh Star Trek" people are going to come along and tell me how humanity is supposed to be beyond that sort of thing by then...conveniently forgetting that Picard himself got stabbed through the heart after getting into a brawl with a bunch of ornery Nausicaans at some dive bar.
    Last edited by s_bushido; 2017-10-31 at 05:38 AM.