View Poll Results: Have you actually played Vanilla?

Voters
1388. This poll is closed
  • Yes

1,165 83.93%
  • No

223 16.07%
Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Next poll, you need to ask how many people played the beta, you'll likely have even more "yes" votes :P

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Started at launch with an NE hunter on Gilneas; this toon lasted all of 12 levels. Some IRL buddies joined horde on Bleeding Hollow, so I rolled an undead warlock there. Dinged 60 on her during a UD strath run; ran MC and BWL with a guild called Macabre Crew; never got passed Razergore with them, despite having Shammy totems. IRL buddies there had long since quit, and another friend I'd made played Alliance on Crushridge; so I rolled another NE hunter there.

There, we joined a guild called Reign; which was formed by an old member named Arcdux of the servers top raiding guild Contingency; which had recently disbanded. We had exactly 40 people; (maybe give or take a few) and raided 3 to 5 nights a week. Cleared all the way through AQ40 if memory serves, we were planning to move into Nax40, then TBC announced and something happened that made the Dux have to quit, and no one really took up leadership. So we all got together in Ironforge, wall-walked up to the balconies above the AH bridge, and jumped- disbanding the guild during the fall. If I have nostalgia goggles at all; it's of the time spent raiding with those folks. That was so, so much fun; and working toward, and finally beating; the demons for my glowstick was very satisfying.
    Last edited by AcidicSyn; 2017-10-31 at 07:53 PM.

Deleted
    I dinged 60 with my hunter like 2 months before TBC came out So i have absolutely NO experience from vanilla raiding.

I started at the tail end of BC i couldve started when WoW first came out cause i fucking loved Warcraft 3 and thought it was a sequel but when the box said MMO i said 'Uh' When it said 'Internet connection needed' i was like 'What!' and and lastly when it said Subscription i was like 'HAHA NOT IN THE LIFE TIME' so i never bothered.

Well we all know how popular it became and thus i succumbed and ive been here ever since.

I must say though i did do every quest in Vanilla before the catacysm if that counts so i can honestly say i have seen all it had to offer except those 'Events'

Quote Originally Posted by Surfy View Post
    Most of them voted yes because they played on private server.
    As if it matters?

Started when I was 12, same main today as in vanilla. Was comple noob didn't get the epic mouth till 64 even. Got some relics of the past in the bank and the "stone guard" OG achiv.
    The thing I remember the most was getting to lvl 60 after like 4-5 months (mainly cause I didn't do quests as much since my English was shit).
    Never tried vanilla servers, but would checkout if blizz will release one.

I started in the Vanilla open beta. The Vanilla game was really fun, but it's definitely improved in many, many, many ways since then.

10+ Year Old Account
    I started Vanilla when it was still WC1.

7+ Year Old Account
    I played Vanilla for like a year. I had a dwarf hunter that I made to like 46 or 54. (I was like 8 or 9) Never saw end game content. Too busy finding cool hunter pets. I really loved Tanaris though in Vanilla, it was a popping place to hang.

I still remember the MC raids. Falling asleep at Garr because simply banishing his adds was so boring. Boy, people were upset at me for that.

I was like 12 when I played vanilla trial (2005). Kid like me was too fked to comprehend that massive game and I quit. But I eventually started at the end of TBC and played majority of my WoW career in lich king era.

I played vanilla for a good while. I remember the beginning of my pack rat tendencies back then because I was only like lvl 40 when Naxxramas came out and I remember helping kill one of the giant abominations and getting consecrated sharpening stones and just holding on to it like it was a fucking full heal item in a jrpg. I was around when AQ first opened too(Dear lord leveling was slow without friends to play with regularly.) Back then I was constantly trading in copper ore for boxes of gear.

I got started in WoW because at my highschool back during vanilla there was a big craze going through the school of people playing it(guess how long that lasted) but nobody told me what server everyone was playing on, so I just picked a random one. By the time anyone told me everyone at the school was on Firetree I was already knee deep into playing on Turalyon. A little under 13 years later now and I think I'm the only one that plays at all from back then.

Yep, was amazing at the time. Not so much for today, memories are best left in the past.

There was this one Alliance quest in the Badlands where you had to farm black dragon welps for a heart.
    One time I farmed over an hour till it dropped.

Horrible dropp rates for Quests are a thing I don't miss about classic.

Yes

Started playing back in October 2005.

I started wow at the early beta of Vanilla ( soon after the Alpha ended )

Quote Originally Posted by Strifeload View Post
    Simple question, honest answer please.

Have you?

2nd edit:

According to the recent results, we have 628 people above or around 30y/o(assuming they were MAXIMUM 16(+/-1)y/o back then).
    yes. I am 51 now.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Played yes.
    Raided no.

I mostly was just a bad PvPer until BC.

OP: Are you allowing votes from folks that have only played it on private servers to count? Not that you have much choice in whether or not people vote according to that.

I played it for about a year and a half before stopping for several months; had almost been a year between when I lasted played in vanilla and when a coworker (at that time) wanted to get a group of us to all jump in on WoW together with TBC. That led to some of the best years of gaming I had since I was in HS, and that was even after all the people who jumped in with me at the start of TBC eventually quit. Made piles of in-game friends, did raids, all that jazz.

I've played since launch day (played beta with my everquest guild also). My main is still my original character.