Page 1 of 12
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Jews should concern americans more than russian influence, nigel farage says

http://www.newsweek.com/trump-russia...-brexit-698486
    U.S.
    Trump ally and Brexit leader Nigel Farage says there’s something Americans should worry about more than Russian meddling: Jews.

Farage in a Monday interview singled out the so-called “Jewish lobby” as an overwhelming power in America during a discussion about Russia’s interference in U.S. politics.

“There are other very powerful lobbies in the United States of America, and the Jewish lobby, with its links with the Israeli government, is one of those strong voices,” Farage said on his London-based radio show.

He turned the conversation to Jewish lobbies after a caller had suggested the pro-Israel lobby was as dangerous to the U.S. as the Kremlin.

“That’s a reasonable point,” Farage told the caller.

“There are about 6 million Jewish people living in America, so as a percentage it’s quite small, but in terms of influence it’s quite big.”

Farage's remarks perpetuate popular and false narratives about a singular “Jewish lobby” operating within the United States and American Jews uniformly lobbying on behalf of Israel.

Jewish civil rights groups immediately condemned his comments.

“Nigel Farage’s comments about the role of a powerful ‘Jewish lobby’ in America plays into deep-seated anti-Semitic tropes about supposed Jewish control of government,” Anti-Defamation League CEO Jonathan A. Greenblatt told Newsweek. “This is fuel for white supremacists who exploit and spread conspiracy theories about ‘evil, controlling Jews.’”

Conflating a Jewish and Israeli lobby is not only conspiratorial and false, said Greenblatt, but could “have the unintended consequence of encouraging anti-Semites and extremists to exploit them.”

The largest pro-Israel lobbying group in the United States is Christians United for Israel, which has a large Evangelical base and more than 1 million members overall. Opinion polls show the majority of Americans hold favorable views of Israel.

Farage befriended Donald Trump; the two ran similar populist campaigns in their respective countries last year. Farage was instrumental in promoting the successful Brexit vote, which largely relied on a blue-collar, working class base similar to Trump’s American supporters. Both campaigns catered heavily to anti-immigrant and xenophobic resentments.

Farage also has close ties with former Trump campaign manager and strategist Steve Bannon, who now runs Breitbart News.

Trump has also been accused of courting anti-Semitic support, starting when his campaign did little to wave off endorsements from neo-Nazi and white nationalist groups. This year, Trump has raised skepticism about an increase in hate crimes against Jews since his election, and he initially refused to condemn the neo-Nazis who marched at a violent Charlottesville, Virginia, hate rally. Memes from anti-Semitic accounts have also repeatedly ended up in his Twitter feed.

It's true, Russian influence has been a very arcane thing last 20 years, while jews are still playing the ww2 victim card to this day while controlling most of finance sector in the US.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aaaah... if everything else fails, then the good ol' Jew-scare it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've always wondered, what exactly did the Jews do to get everyone to hate them for the past 2000 years?
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    I've always wondered, what exactly did the Jews do to get everyone to hate them for the past 2000 years?
    Blamed for killing jesus and were held collectively responsible.

Then like any good minority, they pulled themselves up in society and were blamed for just about everything. That whole 'the Other' deal in society were everyone blames one group.

Go read The Merchant of Venice and see how far ahead of his time Shakespeare was, he has to eat some tropes (the problem with having a dickhead audience), but Shylockes speech is way ahead of its time.

Nigel is a fucking cunt. As that guy says in the article Jewish and Isreali lobbies being conflated into one is dumb and bad.

Israel does have alot of influence (see Bibi talking to congress to fuck Obama off over the Iran deal) but its no hive mind 'Jewish' lobby.

Russia-hugging far right European rails against Jews?

I did Nazi that coming!

10+ Year Old Account
    Farage is irrelevant and i question people their intelligence who both promote his statements or take him seriously.

He is a politician that rallied behind a cause that gave him financial support only to step into the shadows to make money elsewhere when his goal appeared to become reality.
    This isn't even original, this is merely parroting what hitler sympathizers said before the UK got involved in WW2.

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    It's true, Russian influence has been a very arcane thing last 20 years, while jews are still playing the ww2 victim card to this day while controlling most of finance sector in the US.
    Hoping sarcasm... I know I'll be disappointed.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Oh it's much older than that. It all started back in ancient Babylon, where the first hebrews refused to pay temple tax, because they had their own god and thus didn't need the aid of the babylonian deities, eventually the babylonian kings got too tired of the hebrews, so they started deporting them. But before that, the hebrews were taught how to read and write, which is why the bible, mostly the Old Testament, is filled with stories of the evil, demonic and cruel babylonians. So yeah, the hebrews/jews have always managed to piss off the ones in power.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn, I had no idea Farage was into the old "Jews run the world" conspiracy. I thought that was over and done with. Old habits die hard I guess.

It stems from many sources but there are two big ones:

- For nearly two thousand years (really until the last 150 years, at most), Christians widely blamed Jews for the betrayal of Jesus. And Western society was deeply religious until the past 30 year so.

- There is a significant historic economic reason. Like modern day Muslims, for many centuries (until the late Middle Ages iirc), Christians were religiously forbidden from offering loans with interests to other Christians. This positioned Jews in Europe as the only people able to issue such loans. Why is this important? Two fold. First, Interest on loans generates capital, which in a positive feedback loop, encourages investment. An economy without interest on loans is missing primary mechanism for growth. Europe without this saw deeply stagnated growth over its potential. Secondly, this put Jews in a privileged position within the economy, as a kind of gate keeper to economic growth (this is also how "Jewish Bankers" became a thing, historically, as lords exploited this "loophole" in the whole interest-loans thing by putting jews in charge of financial matters). As one may expect, nobody loves the people they're in debt to, especially when they charge interest, and over the centuries this caused a sprial of resentment about the comparatively privileged economic position of jews compared to Christians, for such a small population.

There is also of course, the age old tactic of authoritarian regimes, which is what we could call many Middle Age kingdoms and lordships using modern terminology, targeting minority groups to curry favor with the majority group, and / or intimidate potential regime opponents. Jews were a numerically-relevant and prominent target.

It's important to note that this is an object of conversation in no small part because we are culturally and historically of European descent and of Western Civilization. This dynamic - a "privileged' minority that came to be be resented by the majority for a mix of religious, ethnic and economic reasons - occured also in China, India and elsewhere. Jews and Europeans, from one angle, is the Western expression of a rather common practice by many cultures. Of course, not every culture actually exterminated so many either. In that, Western Civilization committed a horror unique in scale. 6 million murders is something that could only have been done in the industrial era.

Deleted
    Good old anti-semitism. And people still hear these hateful loonies...

I mean, what other foreign lobby have you heard about that would get to the point where you get bipartisan group of 43 senators proposing to Criminally Outlaw Support for Boycott Campaign Against Israel?

10+ Year Old Account
    To add to what was already posted, before Christianity became a thing in the Roman Empire (Early Christians were also lumped together with Jews), monotheism wasnt that popular. Polytheists were relatively okay with each other, but deny all their gods and claim yours is the only real one? Ick!

Well I just know that Jews will not replace us! But that's just good statistical sense, given Jews make up about 2% of the US population, so replacing everyone else is impractical. Its just an accurate assessment.

Brexit leader Nigel Farage? Shouldn't he be here helping us to sort out the Brexit then?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Attackrabbit View Post
    Brexit leader Nigel Farage? Shouldn't he be here helping us to sort out the Brexit then?
    He went on campaigning for trump and republican candidates like roy moore. I guess they're paying better than his fellow countrymen.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

He's kind of right. AIPAC doesn't register as a foreign agent and they are one of the strongest lobbies around

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    I mean, what other foreign lobby have you heard about that would get to the point where you get bipartisan group of 43 senators proposing to Criminally Outlaw Support for Boycott Campaign Against Israel?
    Is blaming Jews, the only time that Palestine isn’t part of Israel? I’m Jewish... I don’t live or have anything to do with Israel... what the fuck did I do?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    He's kind of right. AIPAC doesn't register as a foreign agent and they are one of the strongest lobbies around
    Why should I register as a foreign agent? I’m Jewish, but I have never been to Israel.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerilis View Post
    To add to what was already posted, before Christianity became a thing in the Roman Empire (Early Christians were also lumped together with Jews), monotheism wasnt that popular. Polytheists were relatively okay with each other, but deny all their gods and claim yours is the only real one? Ick!
    It's not that simple. The romans weren't a deeply spiritual people, but more practical. They were okay with any religion that didn't interfere with their government. This wasn't a big deal in the republican days, but with Imperium also came the divination of the emperor. Monotheistic religions were reluctant to sacrifice to other gods, so they often refused a sacrifice to the divine emperor.

This was a problem for the romans, but not in a spiritual sense, as they considered denial of sacrifice to their divine emperor as treason.

To add to the rest: Skroe made a point about the financial roles jewish communities had for a long time in Europe. There were some practices that exploited this. Contrary to popular belief, most witch-trials weren't hosted by the church, but by local authorities, especially in Germany where this was more commonplace than anywhere else (thanks Luther!). The reason for this is simple: First off, all debts owned to burned heretics/witchers are void. Second, all possessions of the victims were confiscated by the local authorities.

So accusing jews wasn't only popular, it was very profitable for the local authorities.

Not only them, but also for the rulers. Jews in germany were under the protection of the king/emperor. They had to pay a hefty tax for this privilege directly to the ruler. As german kings were notorious broke, this revenue stream was very welcome. And even if they were pressed of all their money, they jews could always serve other purposes: Charles IV. rescinded his protection of the Augsburgs jews, and several hundred of them were burned at the stake. The magistrates were able to demolish the jewish district next to the market place, and expand it. For this they paid the emperor. Augsburg was declared jew-free. But only a few years later the magistrates allowed them to return... for a special tax.