511. This poll is closed
  • 25+

386 75.54%
  • Under 24

125 24.46%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    He is posting to try to correlate with his other post, that every who says they played during vanilla is a liar, because there is no way so many people on these boards are 25+ years old.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...Vanilla/page27
    Well that's clearly not what the data shows.

This of course can't conclude this indicative of the entire WoW playerbase, but rather only the the WoW playerbase that are also members of MMO-C.

Though I suspect that we have the highest concentration of vanilla players:non-vanilla players than we have ever had. More and more people are able to prove that they've been here prior to 2007.

There is however a widely accepted fallacy that "new" players/"young" players are ruining the game and dictating the course of development. This of course cannot be true if 84% of the existing playerbase are self proclaimed "veterans". In fact it has been a longstanding hypothesis of mine that it is the complete opposite. The attachment to the time and effort put into our characters makes some of us more reluctant to let go and move on. Call it addiction, call it stockholm syndrome, call it whatever... things like LFR and catch up mechanics, the more casual, less year long devotion has enabled many of us veterans to stay playing as we "grew up" and life got in the way. As a 30 year old I have way more interests, money, commitments, dependents etc. than I did at 18. Despite the number of tales that sound very similar there are still a large number of obnoxious and stubborn asses that are convinced of their own failed logic. This type of evidence is without a doubt, anecdotal, circumstantial, but it's far more evidence than those that believe new or young players are ruining the game have.

39 in a few days.

Edit: Played WoW for 2 months during classic. Then BC was released and I quit my main game (Ultima Online) to play WoW.
    Last edited by Duckypoo; 2017-11-02 at 05:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sionus View Post
    Yeah you're really going to get a great data set from two options...
    i think he’s just trying to see if a simple majority of wow players are old as f#%!

10+ Year Old Account

Been playing WoW since I was around 15. Started in November of 2006 on a trial account. Been hooked ever since. There were a few times however where I unsubscribed for a while and came back after a few months

Actually my anniversary with the game is coming up soon.

30, havent changed much in the past 10-12 years

started wow in 2005, friend of mine was playing it at his house a lot so i decided to join up, played on an off since then... mainly off

40. Been gaming since Atari 2600 days and played WoW on and off since BC.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsake View Post
    i think he’s just trying to see if a simple majority of wow players are old as f#%!
    25+ is old as f#%?