Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Idiots don't ride raptors
    Those ride wolves
    Some people just need mount that is smarter than them. Like vol'jin did.

I really hope this isn't another faction war, it's boring and over done, the fact the games an MMO means no faction will truly win. Not to mention why the hell would the LOA say Sylvanas is the one to save us if she fucks off to start a war.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I think the whole Stormwind invasion plot being intimated at the very beginning of the book is an indication it may go off-the-rails quite quickly, especially if the war-weary rank and file of the Horde catch hint of the plot before it is under way. There will be proverbial blood in the water if the Alliance hears of it, though; even if nothing actually does come of it. Just the idea that Sylvanas could plan such would be enough to re-ignite the conflict.
    Can you imagine if Sylvanas is simply killed in a book?
    Cairne wouldn't feel alone anymore
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Deleted
    I think the whole Stormwind invasion plot being intimated at the very beginning of the book is an indication it may go off-the-rails quite quickly
    It really doesn't matter, it's a "been there, done that", again painting the Warchief of the Horde as the bad guy for plot purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    She will lie to her living self and start iron elven horde. Ranger Lords of Quel'thalas confirmed ?
    No more elves, bad Arrashi!!!!!!

We have enough of those. I really hope Sylvanas bites it or changes her mind and I hope they don't ruin the forsaken. They have always been characterized as heartless bastards, I really hope they don't take that away.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    It really doesn't matter, it's a "been there, done that", again painting the Warchief of the Horde as the bad guy for plot purpose.
    B-b-but it's sylvanas!

She has never done anything evil ever!
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

I think the whole Stormwind invasion plot being intimated at the very beginning of the book is an indication it may go off-the-rails quite quickly, especially if the war-weary rank and file of the Horde catch hint of the plot before it is under way. There will be proverbial blood in the water if the Alliance hears of it, though; even if nothing actually does come of it. Just the idea that Sylvanas could plan such would be enough to re-ignite the conflict.
    All she has to do is pay of the house of nobles and stormwind descends into civil war. She doesn't even need to invade. I don't even know why she wants to push for Stormwind, it doesn't really make any sense.

Deleted
    B-b-but it's sylvanas!

She has never done anything evil ever!
    It could be Drag Ragnaros (Dragnaros), it completely lacks originality.

Is it too much to ask to have the alliance the bad guy for once? The last time anything similar like that happened was in Wc3 with garithos, we really could use some trigger happy humans, preferably assassinating Sylvanas starting a war and then we could finally get a human themed raid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    All she has to do is pay of the house of nobles and stormwind descends into civil war. She doesn't even need to invade. I don't even know why she wants to push for Stormwind, it doesn't really make any sense.
    Who can say, really. I'm hoping perhaps this is all some kind of feint as opposed to what it seems like outright, but I'm a bit too jaded to hold out a great deal of hope. I'm not really looking forward to more of the faction conflict, to be honest; I feel like its a vein that's been long played out.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

7+ Year Old Account
    Is it too much to ask to have the alliance the bad guy for once? The last time anything similar like that happened was in Wc3 with garithos, we really could use some trigger happy humans, preferably assassinating Sylvanas starting a war and then we could finally get a human themed raid.
    Jaina is there being.... chaotic neutral?

ı was certain to have an old godish expension next but it looks like pandaria 2.0

well pandaria is my fav expansion so here comes another legendary one

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Can you imagine if Sylvanas is simply killed in a book?
    Cairne wouldn't feel alone anymore
    I can imagine a largish sub-set of people who might riot if that were the case, but I'm not really among them. I like Sylvanas as a character, sure; but I'm not beholden to her or anything - if she dies then she dies, I only hope she dies well (a better death than poor Cairne in any case).
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Zephre View Post
    I really hope this isn't another faction war, it's boring and over done, the fact the games an MMO means no faction will truly win. Not to mention why the hell would the LOA say Sylvanas is the one to save us if she fucks off to start a war.
    There is no context as to the why the Loa said Sylvanas had to be Warcheif. Only that "Many would not understand"

So either it's just the laziest form of passing the buck or Blizzard's winking the elbow that Putting Sylvanas on the Podium was a step to something else down the road. Blizzard's been acting weird lately with it's writing so it actually has a possibility of being a long game setup

The Faction War 2.0, as told by our narrator the Ogre Hamfist.

Who can say, really. I'm hoping perhaps this is all some kind of feint as opposed to what it seems like outright, but I'm a bit too jaded to hold out a great deal of hope. I'm not really looking forward to more of the faction conflict, to be honest; I feel like its a vein that's been long played out.
    They pulled of WoD, ever since then I really don't have much trust in their storytelling. At this point I hope this snippet is fake.
    Last edited by Combatbutler; 2017-11-02 at 08:03 PM.

If this is going to be Tides of War 2.0 I will be seriously pissed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    All it takes is an incel at the wrong place wrong time and we won't even know what hit us.

Sadly the Horde have done so many awful things it'd be hard to really blame the Alliance for acting Villanous agianst the Horde.

Horde have been so cartoonishly evil for no provocation for a long enough time for the Alliance to have a laundry list of legitimate Greivances that they have yet to collect on. Horde's one legitimate beef was Taurajo-and it was wrapped up rather nicely and even on the "agressor" end it was seen as a failure. It was a good conflcict-but short lived.

For the Alliance to be villainous would need a massive paradigm shift. And then there's the matter of making the Horde the Hero in the sceneario which...is a stretch

Basically, they got work to do before this can ever be a good sell.

yes, I love faction war stuff. and I love the Forsaken and Sylvanas

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenixhart View Post
    For the Alliance to be villainous would need a massive paradigm shift. And then there's the matter of making the Horde the Hero in the sceneario which...is a stretch
    It's not that hard, an anti-Horde movement forming inside the Alliance and starting a campaign of terrorism, forcing the Horde to take a military position against the Alliance.