Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Lightbulb Blizzard Store ingame items should be free if theres no content

Mounts, Transmogrify, Name change, Faction change should be free if you are subbed.

If you are still subbed and there's no content then how do you justify paying for something that does not give you nothing in return for a while, lets say 10 months. Blizzard should give us an option to get something in store for free to get at least get worth of your sub, someway.

"If there is no content, unsub" - Nope, people still play and are subbed even if there is a content drought.

Well they don't have to be still subbed do they? If they do then that's their choice, even when the content is dry.
    Go play something else, there are plenty of other and better games rather than complaining about wanting free shit.

Agree on anything cosmetic (in an subbased game everything should be available ingame IMO)
    Account services however should double in price to adapt to inflation and prevent abuse.

Deleted
    I don't think an objective reaction (Here's free stuff from the Blizzard store) to a subjective issue (There is no content) is a good stance to take when someone's definition of no content can vary wildly from person to person.

They are essential "ingame" now... because you can use gold to buy WoW Tokens, convert those to battle.net balance... and use said balance to buy them!

The 2m gold Spider mount costs €~140 if we're going by current 300k (EU) token cost... and those online store mounts are €25.
    Last edited by Daedius; 2017-11-03 at 01:08 PM.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Cosmetic changes like character race / gender / skincolor change should be cheaper.

Server/faction transfers have more impact on the community so are priced like this.

The sub is already access to all 20-110 content.

If you really want the store mounts "free" use gold to buy them.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-11-03 at 01:08 PM.

Deleted
    Question: Who defines "no content" in this system? Because if it's Blizzard, who ultimately would have control of your idea, then you're shit out of luck.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheorynPhilispohy View Post
    If you are still subbed and there's no content then how do you justify paying for something
    You pay for servers and customer support, not for patches. Patches are free extra stuff, that they are in no way obliged to deliver.

that does not give you nothing
    Double negative... So it gives you something?

10+ Year Old Account
    Skin Color Changes should be free... add a tanning section in the Barber Shop.

7+ Year Old Account
    really? if teh game isnt fun anymore unsub
    “Listen, three eyes,” he said, “don’t you try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.”

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeGee View Post
    Skin Color Changes should be free... add a tanning section in the Barber Shop.
    Agreed, when 3 races already can do it.

Race change without name/gender change could also be nice if it's cheaper option.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-11-03 at 01:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is plenty of content in WoW. Always has been.

Just because there's not content you want to do, or haven't done already, doesn't mean there's "no content."

You should probably be more specific in your desires!
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

It is free though. You buy tokens for in-game cash you get by playing the game, and you redeem the token and get b-net balance, which you can use to buy anything digital in blizz store. Wish already fulfilled.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Bloodsail Admiral CreatureLives's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    If everything in the shop was meant to be free they never would have been made in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    Agreed, when 3 races already can do it.

Race change without name/gender change could also be nice if it's cheaper option.
    All of those services are way too overpriced. Other than the lvl 100 boost none of them should cost more than 10-15 bucks. It's crazy if I want to change factions or servers I need more than 1 token. Blizzard should be encouraging this not trying to make people not want to do it. People might have friends on other realms or factions and by them being able to go play with their friends there is a good chance they'd keep playing the game longer thus giving them more money in the long run.
    Last edited by CreatureLives; 2017-11-03 at 01:59 PM.

Deleted
    If you are subbed it means that you are happy with the service they provide, be there a lack of new content or not. So yeah, if you don't think the content is worth 13€ you should unsub, not get a useless mount for free.

What do you mean by no content? If you mean that you cleared all raid content... that doesn't mean there's no content left. Hard modes are a thing. You have it good these days.

Imagine if people unsubbed as soon as they cleared the raid tier in Vanilla/tBC/WOTLK.

Deleted
    I think selling mounts is free, but charging for server transfer is pure greed and nothing else. The majority of games that still uses servers (most mmo's out in the past 5 years don't) gives transfers for free, or at least makes it possible with ingame currency

10+ Year Old Account
    Mounts, Transmogrify, Name change, Faction change should be free if you are subbed.

If you are still subbed and there's no content then how do you justify paying for something that does not give you nothing in return for a while, lets say 10 months. Blizzard should give us an option to get something in store for free to get at least get worth of your sub, someway.

"If there is no content, unsub" - Nope, people still play and are subbed even if there is a content drought.
    I am guessing that you weren't playing in Mists of Pandaria, right?

And no, that isn't how it works. You can unsubscribe if anything goes against you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    What do you mean by no content? If you mean that you cleared all raid content... that doesn't mean there's no content left. Hard modes are a thing. You have it good these days.

Imagine if people unsubbed as soon as they cleared the raid tier in Vanilla/tBC/WOTLK.
    Can't even clear all raids, one hasn't opened yet.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lunarath View Post
    I think selling mounts is free, but charging for server transfer is pure greed and nothing else. The majority of games that still uses servers (most mmo's out in the past 5 years don't) gives transfers for free, or at least makes it possible with ingame currency
    And that is why, you don't have to buy them, simple!
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by lios View Post
    You pay for servers and customer support, not for patches. Patches are free extra stuff, that they are in no way obliged to deliver.

Double negative... So it gives you something?
    "You pay for servers and customer service" I loled.

Deleted
    "You pay for servers and customer service" I loled.
    I can't imagine a hard fact being that funny.

Where do you think the funding for wages/equipment/management/training comes from? Our money.