View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Before triggering article 50 there should have been negotiations to see what kind of options there are. Work out 3 or 4 possibilities ranging from softest to hardest Brexit, give a quick list of the costs, benefits and responsibilities in each then hold a referendum with an AV type system (voters rank from first to last choice, if your first choice "loses" it is eliminated and your second vote is counted, rinse and repeat until one option gets >50% of the vote.) Then with a clear idea of what the electorate would find most satisfying Article 50 can be triggered and negotiations could begin with an idea of what the eventual outcome should look like.
    As someone from one of the other EU member states: No definitively not. No negotiations about leaving the EU without first triggering article 50. Ever. For anyone.
    Why would we break our own treaties just to shoot ourselfes in the foot just to give someone more of an opportunity to egoistically exploit our benevolence?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    I still can't shake off the feeling that this was never about the EU or Art. 50. It was something entirely domestical but Cameron successfully diverted all attention to the new hype, exiting the EU.
    Of course it was, unfortunately it worked too well for everyone involved.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    withdrawing article 50 isn't happening. it would basically say to the electorate "democracy doesn't matter, you do not matter"

the leave vote won with an overwhelming majority, and then the idea to leave the corrupt eu was further cemented when 85% of the electorate voted for parties supporting a hard Brexit (no single market/customs union, ending freedom of movement) in the general election. also important to note that while Brexit will bring about great economic benefit for Great Britain, the economy wasn't even the reason people voted leave. the majority of people voted leave to take back control of our borders, for complete sovereignty and to give something back to our fisheries which have been decimated by corrupt eu trade practices. remoaners don't seem to understand the reason people voted to leave, and so they will never understand how great Brexit is going to be, or that it will never be reversed.
    And that is why you will vote to leave the UK as soon as they are out of the EU?
    Did you already tell all those French in your new neighbourhood that they'll all have to speak English in two years time?

Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    And that is why you will vote to leave the UK as soon as they are out of the EU?
    Did you already tell all those French in your new neighbourhood that they'll all have to speak English in two years time?
    i would only leave Great Britain if Brexit is a disaster. it's not a disaster though, the idea is technically sound and genius, the problem is the implementation but even then it's such a good idea that it's very hard to screw it up. Brexit has been nothing but a success so far.

the majority of people voted leave to take back control of our borders
    we had control of our borders already, successive governments have chosen not to enforce that control and blamed their choice on the EU

for complete sovereignty
    https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...the_EU_Web.pdf
    Parliament has “remained sovereign throughout our membership to the EU” despite people “not always feeling like that”
    hehe

to give something back to our fisheries which have been decimated by corrupt eu trade practices
    ironically, fishing quota distributions to UK fisheries are under the control of the UK government, so the perceived decimation of smaller fishing towns in the UK has almost nothing to do with the EU and pretty much everything to do with our own government prioritising larger fishing companies who then willingly sell their quota allocations to non uk vessels for greater profits

withdrawing article 50 isn't happening. it would basically say to the electorate "democracy doesn't matter, you do not matter"
    if someone votes to cut their own head off because a liar promises them that people with no heads receive £350 million pounds a week, a promise that is immediately withdrawn the day after they vote, and then 5 mins before the operation happens an actual doctor points out that cutting your head off kills you - presumably that person would want to change their mind?
    Last edited by Dizzeeyooo; 2017-11-02 at 10:05 AM.

i would only leave Great Britain if Brexit is a disaster. it's not a disaster though, the idea is technically sound and genius, the problem is the implementation but even then it's such a good idea that it's very hard to screw it up. Brexit has been nothing but a success so far.
    See you in France in two years time, got it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    As someone from one of the other EU member states: No definitively not. No negotiations about leaving the EU without first triggering article 50. Ever. For anyone.
    Why would we break our own treaties just to shoot ourselfes in the foot just to give someone more of an opportunity to egoistically exploit our benevolence?
    Dhrizzle is arguing that the politicians within the UK should negotiate with themselves, and then propose several referendums to the people in the UK. Because it's not clear what the popular mandate is, in regards, at least, to the hardness/softness of the exit.
    And then, once a clear mandate is understood, trigger the 50, and settle the divorce with the EU.

Quote Originally Posted by sefrimutro View Post
    Dhrizzle is arguing that the politicians within the UK should negotiate with themselves, and then propose several referendums to the people in the UK. Because it's not clear what the popular mandate is, in regards, at least, to the hardness/softness of the exit.
    And then, once a clear mandate is understood, trigger the 50, and settle the divorce with the EU.
    Yes, I agree with that they should have, but then that would require acting like responsible adults and all they seem to be is egoistical.
    There should also have been a second official poll (referendum) on which of those options the general public would prefer.

But then, I do not have much confidence that it would have helped any, so it would just have taken some more time and damaged everything even further.
    Last edited by Noradin; 2017-11-02 at 10:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzeeyooo View Post
    if someone votes to cut their own head off because a liar promises them that people with no heads receive £350 million pounds a week, a promise that is immediately withdrawn the day after they vote, and then 5 mins before the operation happens an actual doctor points out that cutting your head off kills you - presumably that person would want to change their mind?
    boris was wrong. it wasn't 350 million, it was 363 million

https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2017/1...actually-363m/

You do realise nobody's taking you serious at this point, don't you? I only wonder if you also realise how genuinely unfunny you are at the same time... If that is your intention. :P
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

well done for replying to the most important part of my post

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    You do realise nobody's taking you serious at this point, don't you? I only wonder if you also realise how genuinely unfunny you are at the same time... If that is your intention. :P
    Brexit is very serious and it's important people have all the facts. i'm sry if the facts scare you.
    well done for replying to the most important part of my post
    it's an attack line used by remoaners who do not have all the numbers and who do not understand numbers. i proved to you it was higher than 350million, so surely that reinforces everyone who did vote because of boris' claim. i did not vote leave for that, i voted leave because i vehemently disagree with eu courts having a say in British matters.
    Last edited by Floopa; 2017-11-02 at 10:19 AM.

i'm sry if the facts scare you
    I could not agree more

i proved to you it was higher than 350million, so surely that reinforces everyone who did vote because of boris' claim
    surprised to see you disagreeing with Nigel Farage, I thought he was your guiding light and inspiration for everything you do

not because of brexit. september 2016 was post-brexit too, and the number was as high as ever. the reason for less eu nurses was new government legislation stating nurses had to speak/understand fluent english which wasn't (and i dont see why it needs to be either) a requirement before.

september 2016 was post-brexit too
    so in your opinion, a period of time between October 2015 and September 2016 is post-brexit, when the referendum was at the end of June 2016?

are the daily mail selling calendars now?

so in your opinion, a period of time between October 2015 and September 2016 was post-brexit, when the referendum was at the end of June 2016?
    yes september 2016 is after june 2016.

yes september 2016 is after june 2016.
    ah you don't understand what a period of time is - I realise now why its pointless arguing with a bot, good luck with your move to France

Well, at least the desired effect is kicking in by now. :P
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

15+ Year Old Account

the leave vote won with an overwhelming majority, and then the idea to leave the corrupt eu was further cemented when 85% of the electorate voted for parties supporting a hard Brexit (no single market/customs union, ending freedom of movement) in the general election. also important to note that while Brexit will bring about great economic benefit for Great Britain, the economy wasn't even the reason people voted leave. the majority of people voted leave to take back control of our borders, for complete sovereignty and to give something back to our fisheries which have been decimated by corrupt eu trade practices. remoaners don't seem to understand the reason people voted to leave, and so they will never understand how great Brexit is going to be, or that it will never be reversed.
    I thought you applaud labour for wanting the UK being part of the EEA?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Fisheries let's start there. Without the rules there would be no fish. Or would you be ok with "Well we have our fisheries bac just to fuck with Europe but oh, we fished everything to extinction?"

or let's start with overwhelming majority.

52-48 is not overwhelming and don't bullshit about the last general election. You know first past the post is about picking the lesser of two evils in your area to stop the bigger evil winning. Or you think people in a place where Labour and Tories were only contenders were going to vote Lib Dem and fuck themselves over with a Tory MP? Oh no you're just sprouting lies to fit your agenda. For many of us using our first choice would put our last choice in Parliament. We simply put can't allow that. Give us PR and you'll see both Tory and Labour votes be destroyed over night.

If Brexit is doing so well economically why is the economy of the country going downhill even before it has happened while every other EU country is growing faster than us? Even Spain with their issues..

If it was about borders why do we already have control about borders? You know we can kick out any EU citizen who doesn't work right?

Also Parliament has always been sovereign.

What brexiteres don't seem to understand is that it wasn't project fear remainers were saying. It was Project this is the fucking reality of the situation if Brexit won.

Oh BTW it was £350m at some point.... But because of the £ becoming more and more and more worthless as the days go on especially during times where Boris opens his mouth it is about £500m with the spending power of £200m prevote.

today arch remoaner and political news correspondent for ITV finally admitted that Brexit voters are on the right side of history.

In a frank and honest interview on LBC, Robert Peston says he now feels Brexit voters were on the “right side of history”.
    as more good news comes out, people are enjoying the fruits of Brexit Britain far more. even remoaner Mark Carney can't stop the Brexit Boom.

even the FT are finally coming on board:
    Last edited by Floopa; 2017-11-03 at 01:57 PM.

today arch remoaner and political news correspondent for ITV finally admitted that Brexit voters are on the right side of history.

as more good news comes out, people are enjoying the fruits of Brexit Britain far more. even remoaner Mark Carney can't stop the Brexit Boom.

even the FT are finally coming on board:
    Do you have a source to go with that or did you type it yourself?