Poll: What do you think of the next expansion?

Page 12 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    The Alliance won in the last faction war when they took over Orgrimmar. It's only fair the Horde returns the favour. It would be hell if the Alliance won a second time, don't you think? Horde players would go crazy. I think the result of this war is already known.
    huh? the Alliance didnt "take over orgrimmar" they just helped get rid of a demented pathetic orc who was trying to destroy the world. Even the horde agreed with that and attacked their own city!

How is it dissapointed whe there is a war between factions? I mean, this have so much to offer, you don't know who will win, what are we going to lose, etc. Are you guys trying to tell that you want more basic story telling of good vs evil? Stories that we always win because of reasons? Pardon me, but that's a very shitty taste.

So, the only thing this makes half sense would be if Jaina burned down Teldrassil.
    She's crazy enough for that, i have no doubt. She ditched the fight against THE LEGION....just because.

Also everyone saying that HvsA is the heart of WoW didnt play Warcraft 3 - WoW Legion.....or just dont care about the lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Kubaal View Post
    I honestly hope everyone thats saying they arent going to get it dont.. Less crying we have to hear later.
    Oh you'll still hear them. These pathetic people will still stick around to shitpost because they have nothing else in life other than to hang around WoW forums and talk about how much they don't like it. They'll also mention as much aspossible about how they don't play it and it's going to be LOLZWOD2.0. Usually when you see that at least they are announcing their mental capability being not much greater than a slug or something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    Sorry, but this is the first expansion when i'm already disappointed the day i saw it. The Horde/Alliance conflict is the most boring aspect in World of Warcraft, and now we simply flush all dangers that still awaits us on Azeroth; Old Gods, Azshara, Void Lords down the toilet and crush each other skulls.

And there seems much done for the PvP-Aspect in it, but what about us who don't want to play PvP like these warzones and play exactly because of it on PvE-Server.

Sorry, but this expansion might be the first one i might really skip, although i would love to see Kul Tiras. So anyone else expected something different?
    Maybe you should wait and see before immediately emoing the expansion from just the opening ceremony considering they already will have Queen Azshara as an end boss of a raid sometime after the first one, and she seems to be part of the reason Kul'Tiras isn't doing well.
    Last edited by Raone; 2017-11-03 at 08:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzabi View Post
    How is it dissapointed whe there is a war between factions? I mean, this have so much to offer, you don't know who will win, what are we going to lose, etc. Are you guys trying to tell that you want more basic story telling of good vs evil? Stories that we always win because of reasons? Pardon me, but that's a very shitty taste.
    Oh i know who wins, no one....cause its an MMO not a singleplayer game.

I like it as a concept, but a concept ain't enough, really.
    I need to know the setting, why Manduin is attacking and going all crazy FOR THE ALLIANCE when he was the most "let's not fight!" kind of guy. Did Genn get to him? Was he hit by puberty? I mean if there's war on Lordaeron Sylvanas is sure to go full-blown Bansheet-crazy (ha, see what I did there?)... but why, Manduin? What happened? Who hurt you? Are you in danger? Is Genn pulling the strings? Is Genn's vengeance being fueled by something else?
    And the idea of conquering different places and having a somewhat different experiences in the factions is actually pretty damn awesome. I like wondering that the hell the Alliance is going through while I fight dinosarous and shit.
    But there's not much info and I can't be dissapointed in something I have no information on - hell, I can't really even be that excited. It's a teaser and a badass motherfucking cinematic where we see Sylvanas going full Banshee for the first time (in WoW).

7+ Year Old Account
    This terrible planet of pink-skinned freaks.
    That was fast.
    Please quit the game, you spoiled child.
    We don't need you.

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    end of the world story was getting stale af so i'm cool with it.
    I want to quote this because I agree. I really like MoP for the same reason, although the context of this expansion is quite a bit different.

Deleted
    it will last for a few months, then the novelty will wear off.

as i keep saying, the best thing blizzard should have done was to create wow 2 (based on vanilla) but will improved game engine graphics & gameplay . This means all zones revamped, better questing, new raids and bosses alongside old ones to expand the vanilla universe

but instead, they will now divide their limited resources to creating a boring filler expansion and a vanilla server no new gamer will want to play on

wow 2 was their chance to bring wow up to line with their offer games

they made the wrong decision, and it will come and bite them in the long term when their subs and profits take a huge hit

Giving up PVP and PVE realms is just stupid IMHO. I'll watch the other talks about the new expansion to get something positive. But if it stays like that it's the first expansion I don't buy.

I'm exceptionally happy with this, and salty that that is not an option in the poll.

Quote Originally Posted by Notshauna View Post
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...-WoW-Expansion

Scroll down. Actually coverage on this website that PROVES that it was sold as an AvH centered expansion.
    That wasn't Blizzard official stance. There was a main villian, there was a central threat, that is pure pre expansion bullshit Blizzard ALWAYS does. Remember NOTHING set in stone. You pull a blue post after launch that verifies that and I will bow to superior knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    Sorry, but this is the first expansion when i'm already disappointed the day i saw it. The Horde/Alliance conflict is the most boring aspect in World of Warcraft, and now we simply flush all dangers that still awaits us on Azeroth; Old Gods, Azshara, Void Lords down the toilet and crush each other skulls.

And there seems much done for the PvP-Aspect in it, but what about us who don't want to play PvP like these warzones and play exactly because of it on PvE-Server.

Sorry, but this expansion might be the first one i might really skip, although i would love to see Kul Tiras. So anyone else expected something different?
    same here
    was always excited with ALL expansions so far. even that Cata and WoD
    now?
    idk
    my feelings are mixed

first of oall, this Alliance-Horde conflict is becoming less and less interesting. each time it becomes more illogical
    wtf? Azeroth gives us blessing for savign her (aka, new amulet artifact) and we go on to kill each other and ruin more of azeroth?

tbh I would love to found my own cult and see whole Azeroth burn..

also lots of rewritings in Lore. and it becomes more and more dissapointing. I am lore fan and I do not like it

Quote Originally Posted by Icechaosss View Post
    So, I get that there are two spectrum to this. 1. People who think that everything should be praised, and 2. People who think everything is bad and everything sucks. I don't know if you realized this yet, but MMO-C is notorious for having a community that fixates heavily on the 2nd.

The main point is that people are sharpening pitchforks literally minutes after the expansion announcement. It's fine to be disappointed because it's not something you want to see, fine. Also being careful in what you're expecting is good too. But blind hate isn't particularly helpful to anyone involved.
    I'm seeing truck loads more disappointment and underwhelmed sentiment where people are claiming there's hate, or sharpening of said pitchforks.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    kinda funny how some people cry about faction vs faction saying *i won't buy this expansion* well sorry to break it to you but u know Warcraft startet as just that .. and if u are upset because the fact that we go back to the roots which made the Warcraft Universe to what it is today its maybe good that u don't buy the expansion

Faction conflict means that Horde players get to hang with Horde characters for once. That alone is good enough for me.

Also i remeber another MMO Red vs Blue, it shut down a long time ago and really shortly after it started...so...lets really hope Blizz has a good card in the sleeve.

Quote Originally Posted by masterjc View Post
    also lots of rewritings in Lore. and it becomes more and more dissapointing. I am lore fan and I do not like it
    I'm not watching as I don't have the virtual ticket... what lore is rewritten?

Quote Originally Posted by Aviemore View Post
    Ach, it's just not for me.

From the first couple of threads and pages from those that I read... A lot of people are in that boat. There just seems to be a general level of malaise about that announcement, not necessarily because the expansion is going to be bad (we can't possibly know that yet), but just that it seems so low-key, so uninspired. Incorporating allied races is really patch content given that the models already exist, and I have a horrible feeling that WildStar's Warplots are about to be warmed through into World of Warcraft, and they were a feature that were generally unloved in that game.

It seems Blizzard's run of bad-good-bad-good-bad expansions is going to continue. Which is a real shame, because Legion laid the foundations for something so much better.

I'll likely give it a whirl, but it's easily the least interested I've been for an expansion announcement. I totally accept that my disentanglement from the game since having my youngest daughter may also be contributing to this, but it seems a common theme amongst forum goers at the moment.
    I think it is the announcement rather than the xpac (at least I hope). What I did notice though is a stark difference between the "reveals" for the other franchises and WoW. The others had a lot more hype. I think this marks the point where it is clear MUCH less effort is going into wow than other games.

Of course part of the reveal issue is also likely the fact that we no longer have Chris Metzen announcing the wow xpac. He always looked so hyped that it was infectious. Im REALLY hoping its just the announcement thats meh.....