Poll: What do you think of the next expansion?

Page 14 of 46 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Durte View Post
    it will last for a few months, then the novelty will wear off.

as i keep saying, the best thing blizzard should have done was to create wow 2 (based on vanilla) but will improved game engine graphics & gameplay . This means all zones revamped, better questing, new raids and bosses alongside old ones to expand the vanilla universe

but instead, they will now divide their limited resources to creating a boring filler expansion and a vanilla server no new gamer will want to play on

wow 2 was their chance to bring wow up to line with their offer games

they made the wrong decision, and it will come and bite them in the long term when their subs and profits take a huge hit
    Wow 2 would have scared 90% of the players away. They don't want to lose their characters. mounts, pets , achievements etc. YOU would've killed Wow, not Blizz.

Quote Originally Posted by Aradur View Post
    More disappointed then i would thought will be possible. Setting underwhelming, Features fucking incredible underwhelming.

Get ready for the most boring expansion and the lowest players ever.
    Introducing new features for wow 9.0 Free to play - we got rid of so many players with some rather bad choices so we have decided to go free to play as we can make more money on cash shops than our 100 subscribers. Oh and we've merged all the servers together btw.

So, there entire reason for the battles at Undercity and Teldrassil is so that Horde owns Kalmidor and Alliance owns Eastern Kingdoms... yet there's still the Exodar over in Kalimdor and Silvermoon City up in Eastern Kingdoms... did Blizzard honestly forget about the BC races or are we getting the utter destruction of FOUR capitol cities?

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't been this excited for an expansion since WotLK.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

I'm not really disappointed since i have no expectations for this game anymore. (It has been bad for too long)
    But i did hope for a Naga/Azshara/Old God-theme.
    You can just tell how uninspired the whole expansion design is ("Uldir"-raid lol), and how the designers were driven by everything other than passion for the game when coming up with this expansion. It's so obviously meant to be a tone-down after the lore-heavy Legion, which is not bad per se, but it's just too transparent that what keeps this game afloat is the $ and not much else.

Quote Originally Posted by Arvei View Post
    That's cherry picking one title (which did in fact still have Horde vs. Alliance warfare). Or did you forget about Orcs vs. Humans?
    "Besides, what were all of the RTS games based off of? Oh yeah, faction wars."

So you actually meant the original RTS and its sequel, but ignore the third, arguably most popular, one as well as its expansion because those don't support the idea that the series was always exclusively about this tired storyline?

Horde vs Alliance was very minimal in RoC and TFT, but sure, if we're still basing the entire MMO on a game from 23 years ago as if nothing since then is thematically relevant. That's fair. Just making sure we're on the same page, then.

Deleted
    It's so funny how people start to say things like "first expansion I won't buy" without any real details having been given out yet, simply assuming that there is nothing else to it other than the horde vs. alliance conflict. of course there is more.

there are obvious reasons for why they can't reveal certain things right now. one being that legion isn't even over yet. sure, a lot of people already know what happens at the end of/after antorus, but they can't assume everyone knows and just spoil the shit out of everyone. and even those of us who know don't how what events will follow after it, leading up to the expansion.

they already revealed we're going to see azshara, and the fact that we're going to see azshara relatively towards the start of the expansion means chances are pretty high we're going to see n'zoth later on.

the expansion they announced is pretty much 100% what was predicted (almost to a T actually) except for the fact that the threat to azeroth itself (old gods) is something they left to be revealed over the course of the expansion rather than giving everything away from the start.

500k gold that the new Racials will be OP, so people will pay to race change, just like they did in Cataclysm.

And afterwards, they'll nerf them, so people will pay, again, just like in Cataclysm, to go back to the race they actually like playing.

Smart move by Blizz, even thought it's a freaking obvious cash grab.
    "That shit went down faster than a gold digger on a dying rich dude".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FreaknRhinos View Post
    Of course there is going to be a threat. What it is, is anyones guess, but safe bets are Nzoth and Azshara.
    During the 'what's next' panel, Ion didn't go into much detail but did say that Azshara is a threat that will have to be dealt with. This was immediately after talking about the first raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes0773 View Post
    lol expansion details aren't even finished yet and people have formed an opinion.

So dumb
    Why would they wait to release more details? The reveal and cinematic are their presentation of the game. We're SUPPOSED to form an opinion from it, that's what it's for.

Sorry, but the days of handing $60 over in hopes Ion and crew pull their collective head's out of their asses are over. If this is what they're selling, I - and many others - aren't buying. If they have more that could bring in more interest and subs, then it's on them for fucking up THE biggest marketing event for the expansion.

I know I'm talking to addicts, I used to be one, but don't sit there seriously and say we can't have opinions, that's just outrageously idiotic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meiluy View Post
    So, there entire reason for the battles at Undercity and Teldrassil is so that Horde owns Kalmidor and Alliance owns Eastern Kingdoms... yet there's still the Exodar over in Kalimdor and Silvermoon City up in Eastern Kingdoms... did Blizzard honestly forget about the BC races or are we getting the utter destruction of FOUR capitol cities?
    The war is only just starting, I'd bet we'll be seeing those get destroyed in person, in game.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FreaknRhinos View Post
    That wasn't Blizzard official stance. There was a main villian, there was a central threat, that is pure pre expansion bullshit Blizzard ALWAYS does. Remember NOTHING set in stone. You pull a blue post after launch that verifies that and I will bow to superior knowledge.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...s-Artworks-FAQ

That's the official expansion Q&A the very first blurb is about the faction war. There is no reference about a "greater threat".

Or here is Chris Metzen's very expansion of MoP https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7c4WIIrSs4

I will be honest, the theme has be just face palming. The idea the the Alliance and the Horde go neck and neck AGAIN, for the 14th time after just having defeated the Legion? Pass, Hard pass, infact. It's so played out and dull, not to mention burning Teldrassil and the sacking of Undercity is something that should have been done in Cata, but they wanted to cash in on MoP. I swear these expansions are completely out of order now.

Having said that, some of the features that they are sporting: Azerite armor, Warfronts, Island Expeditions, and those leveling improvements all look promising.

I think my biggest criticism is that Kul'tiras is basically Gilneas island and the Zandalari falling in with the Horde is disappointing. It really means that, aside from the Old Gods left, the Alliance and the Horde are the two largest factions left. Which again, is why it makes no sense as to why they fall to war when they know the threat of the old gods and have known and continue to know about it. It's baffling, honestly.

Edit: It does feel like they are trying to cash in on the greatness that was MoPs faction war without the MoP part.... Which is pretty shallow considering the faction war was what made MoP good, bringing all out war to a land that hasn't seen it for thousands of years. This just feels like 20th century historians are trying to write their characters as stupid as the real world leaders of Europe in the early to mid 1900s. Atleast it's realistic?
    Last edited by Blamblam41; 2017-11-03 at 08:55 PM.
    There is absolutely no basis for individual rights to firearms or self defense under any contextual interpretation of the second amendment of the United States Constitution. It defines clearly a militia of which is regulated of the people and arms, for the expressed purpose of protection of the free state. Unwillingness to take in even the most basic and whole context of these laws is exactly the road to anarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    One thing that's concerning is that you only get to level up in 3 zones. Imagine if you only play one faction and want to level a bunch of characters. All you're gonna see is 3 zones. Sure, the other 3 zones unlock at 120, but for the leveling process that could get boring.

True. But isn’t every zone getting scaled? That should help with the tediousness of grinding on multiple alts

Some of the changes coming like the scaling leveling and the island exploration stuff has me excited. The story itself not so much, I'm tired of them trying to force an Alliance vs Horde story that they won't take anywhere because they don't want to upset the status quo.

i like it, dismissed.

Kinda surprised by a lot of the negativity here, but from everything I've seen so far, I'm really looking forward to BfA.

And I've enjoyed Legion for the most part - so nothing against current content - but it's starting to wear thin and I vastly prefer horde and alliance rivalry as a core story element over fighting demons from space.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Volardelis View Post
    7.3.5 is Antorus
    If so, then its going to come out in 2018. PTR has not even started.

What a wonderful way to alleviate the shitshow that the content drought could cause. Instill thoughts of a new expansion in people´s minds so the wait is more bearable.. Lol

How the **** can such a trash raid like ToS be "current content" for more than three months is beyond me. Such a trash patch like 7.2 from Blizzard in 2017. And you still praise the expansion with the least amount of new improvements ever in a WoW expansion (sorry, forgot glorified Invasion Points - even more instanced content yaaay)

No rose-tinted glasses guys, please. You should know better.

pretty disappointed overall.

No New Class.
    No New Race(please, they had more work with the updated models than with these sub-races thats just a change of texture).

Basically everything legion has, but slightly different into the gameplay.

What i'm expecting now:

Worgen/Goblin updated models.
    New class/race combos. Mainly a Worgen Monk or something
    Keep the class specific stories, but apparently my demon hunter will just be a "generic alliance champion" besides not really being from the alliance.
    At very least new animations for casters and hunters.

But i'm prepared to be disappointed for the weekend. guess i will skip this expansion.
    Signature was infraaaaaaaaaacted. Need a new one!