Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unforgivenn View Post
    Born: 2004
    Died: 2018

LoL

all servers are now carebear
    Nah, there is still be World PVP in WOW, cas alot world pvpers will move to legal Original World of Warcraft servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    Hahaha the people who are against this, it's hilarious, and super obvious that the only "world pvp" you did, was killing people who were much lower level than you, or much less geared.

This will be great, world pvp will actually be world pvp, and not world ganking, the people you see consistently, and fight, will be those who are going to pose a possible challenge.
    Ganking is and was always the only good part of world pvp hands down, and I say this as someone who spends far more time getting ganked leveling alts and almost 0 time ganking.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CreatureLives View Post
    Couldn't you just do the quest and then flag for PVP as you turn them in and then unflag? LOL.
    I'm guessing no. Probably will be like a rested xp buffer that accumulates as you complete quest objectives with PVP enabled.

RIP Ganking of lowbies or undergeared players.
    Those who WANT TO Wpvp will enable it. Those who want to level/gear up/quest/enjoy the game will disable it.

Best thing they could change.

Quote Originally Posted by voidkt View Post
    Ganking is and was always the only good part of world pvp hands down, and I say this as someone who spends far more time getting ganked leveling alts and almost 0 time ganking.
    Killing someone significantly weaker than you, is no different to killing a random npc mob in half a second.

Again though, ganking will STILL exist, with xp and rep rewards, a lot of people will choose to take that risk.

"I'm upset because I can't gank anymore! wahhhhhhh"

Deleted
    This change is a god send. Ganking is for douchewads.

Deleted
    WOW really turned into more shitty game because of too structured gameplay and no user created stories and drama. Unexpected and sometimes annoying things should be able to happen, thats part of a MMORPG experience. This is so scripted and boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    wpvp hasn't been anything but ganking since about LK, so who cares.
    Honestly, it was ganking in Vanilla as well. My entire vanilla pvp video was ganking.

Not happy about this. Everyone keeps yappin' about "ganking lowbies", but that's not WPVP. WPvP is when i find some alliance scum out there tagging mobs i need for a quest, so i send him to the graveyard.

WPvP is absolutely my favorite thing in this game. The element of surprise, actually being able to use your character's full strength, and the open world guild vs guild brawls that occur as well.

Prowling for a fight is a blast. Sometimes you win, sometimes you get your butt kicked. That's the nature of WPvP. It's engaging, random and satisfying. Not happy about this at all. I thought that Blizz finally fixed WPvP.

I'll refrain from harsh judgement until i see it fleshed out, but for an Xpac that's suppose to highlight the war between factions, this sounds like a stupid move.

10+ Year Old Account
    World PvP? Don't you mean ganking and being steamrolled by raid groups waiting around the summon stone?

Nothing of value has been lost.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

This is the one and only thing about the new expansion that put a smile on my face.

You want PvP? Turn your flag on and have fun! No PvP? Turn it off! Wonderful news in an otherwise lackluster expansion announcement.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm totally fine with this idea. World PvP just doesn't work anymore - so now they take away world pvp and add in new stuff for PvP, such as the uncharted exploration!

15+ Year Old Account

LoL

u mean " icant go around in groups ganking low geared ppl anymore"
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Leotheras the Blind View Post
    Only ones laughing are those who watched the announcement and are reading your post.

They said that you'll get better rewards for going out while under pvp. This means more pvp.
    They don't actually want to fight people interested in PvP. They want to gank people leveling in greens and lowbies.

Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    Anyways....We don't know exactly what Blizz is gonna do. Personally I hope they abandon the idea of consensual PvP on PVP SERVERS, but keep the reward aspect.
    Hate to burst your bubble, but there won't be PvP/PvE servers anymore...they'll just be "servers" with the ability to opt in and out of PvP flag

Quote Originally Posted by Exxxa View Post
    WOW really turned into more shitty game because of too structured gameplay and no user created stories and drama. Unexpected and sometimes annoying things should be able to happen, thats part of a MMORPG experience. This is so scripted and boring.
    Good post. If i wanted scripted PvP I'd BG/Arena.

The randomness of WPvP made Vanilla awesome. Countless hours in Stranglethorn Vale, or outside an alliance town. You pick a fight with one guy and he brings his friends...then you bring your friends. The current expansion brought that back and i thought it was the best thing Blizz has done in PvP in a loooong time.

Now im going to see red text on some scumbag alliance and not be able to kill that lame carebear. That's really crappy, man.

With abundance of high-populated monofractional realms this is good change. Also I think they absolutely needed to do this for scaling to work, since otherwise zones would have been populated by people with huge level gaps between each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

10+ Year Old Account

LoL

I don't see the issue, if you joined a pvp server, when the new system comes in you will just flag for pvp for the same effect. Whats the problem? Or are you just pissed that you cant gank noobs that only joined pvp servers for their friends?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarc View Post
    The Horde is the West, the Allies are the Soviets (kind of makes more sense the other way around, but I'm Horde and I didn't want to be the commies in this metaphor.. For the Horde!) and the Legion are the Nazis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    A person who is saying "You need a good guy with a gun to stop a bad guy with a gun" sounds like someone who wants to sell 2 guns.

10+ Year Old Account
    I knew people would single out this one, very specific change and choose to be salty about it while ignoring everything else about the expansion.

As someone who doesn't do WPVP (because PVP in WoW has been broken for some time, and considerably more so with the Honor Talents they added in Legion), I'm not bothered about this change as it doesn't affect me one way or another. However, if the XP and rep gain from playing with PVP enabled is substantial enough to make a difference, I will be playing with PVP enabled when grinding out reputations or leveling alts.