Poll: Do you think Blizzard should/will rebalance classes on vanilla?

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    no shaman for alliance (so no bl for alliance raid)
    There's no better way to show you never played in Vanilla than saying this.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

10+ Year Old Account
    People claim they want a real vanilla experience, then go have it.

NO BALANCING.

Remember when paladin buffs were 5 minutes long, and when the ret tree had blessing of kings? I do, and it sucked, but I want it back. A classic experience is diminished with QoL changes that we have now and becomes altogether pointless. It needs to be patch for patch (Or major patch) progressing how it did then. With every flaw, every marred decision, and every horrible graphic that used to be. The idea of a classic server is to encapsulate what once was, not remaster an old experience. A time before battlegounds. A time when AV took all day. Back when the game wasn't perfect. Memorable journeys are filled with hardships, some parts of it suck, but that is what makes it worth it.

All these doom and gloom people who prefer it easy now will say we don't really want the classic experience, and use the nostalgia fallacy to invalidate your desire for that experience. I say bring it back exactly how it was shitty brick by shitty brick, and I will play it fondly.
    Last edited by Coombs; 2017-11-03 at 10:01 PM.

I'm on the fence in regards to it. I had a lot of fun back when it was new and all. But looking back at it there were glaring balance issues. Of course there's going to be a community for it, but I think those that have not played it, and want to delve into it are going to be in for a rude awakening when they realize they have to drink and eat after every mob, and if you pull more than two or three things you're dead for some classes.

That being said - some balance tweaks, to make other classes than *only* warriors can tank, and the other classes like druids can do more than strictly heal.

If they are going to bring it back, and want it to be successful, I do hope there are a few tweaks here and there. Hopefully options to use the new character models would be fantastic, possibly classes being tweaked so certain things were viable, etc. It'll be interesting but there's going to be a shit storm from those that never truly experienced it, going back and finding out how brutal it could be if you were say.. a priest for instance.

I doubt I'll put much stock in it if they don't make at least some QoL changes like new character models being an option. Since the old ones were dreadful *to me.* I do understand that was some of the charm for some people though, and can respect that.

And QOL fixes for things like, buffs being only 5 minutes like the above poster, heh. I get it though. If people want the real vanilla feel, they should get it. I just know I'm personally okay with things like the buffs being longer and such.

they will surely balance numbers a bit
    they wont solve major problems like make shadow priests viable and dps druids (nor should they tinker with it) but they can certainly tune down some numbers like no paladin reck bomb or enhanct shaman windfury procc off windfury

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think they will and don't think they should.

Part of the fun for me was the fact that there wasn't an insane focus on balance. People didn't have to be good at everything.

That being said, there will be even more scrutiny on it though, infinitely more. Entire specs being basically completely useless. But it doesn't bother me too much.

I hope not... people asked for classic and classic is what they should get

10+ Year Old Account
    I think they will still roll in some QoL changes and so on in the game, at least the add-on API will probably be latest, and some most egregious bugs will be fixed. Probably. Old addon API has a lot of holes that can be exploited.

15+ Year Old Account
    I hope not, so people will see how shitty the class design was.

You wanted it, so here you have it.

Can't wait for the whine threads.

No because once you start to balance, it never ends. At least if they don't touch it, you know where you'll be and have that authentic experience.

Also once they start tweaking it, they won't be able to resist making people more powerful than they were originally in Vanilla (power creep), and it will ruin the whole purpose of the server.

They should leave it as is and set expectations accordingly (e.g. paladins being silly buffbots).

Class balance wasn't that bad, every class was unique and fun in its own right.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope they don't. I haven't seen a lot of the vanilla advocates proposing lists of changes to the game. There is a choice to make about which patch makes vanilla "vanilla" but apart from that I think they ought to leave it alone.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

No they shouldn't. Give them pure vanilla as they have claimed to desire so hard. Let them buy their arrows and bullets, let them be unbalanced, let them cry over how shit it actually was.
    'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'

World of Roguecraft all over again!

PvE/PvP balance?
    1-60 in 4-6 weeks?
    Tradechat-LFD if you dont play one of the holy trinity?

I will just play on the classic server to see all those tears.
    -

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    They need to. Anyone who thinks otherwise hasn't played Classic. The game is fun but there are a LOT of serious flaws that are not acceptable in a 2017 project.
    It's not a 2017 project though. It's a recreation of a 2005 project. So that's the baseline.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by HardlyWaken View Post
    Just out of curiosity, do you think Blizzard will meddle much with how things were, such as rebalancing old classes to be more competitive amongst one another, now that the community has matured more and pay attention to those details closer?

And more over, do you think they even should change anything? Did you prefer the imbalance that created more fantasy or do you think a closer look at off-DPS specs and threat capabilities for “off tanks” would be a step up for the classic server?

I’m interested to hear peoples’ perspectives on this.
    ?????? did someone drop you on your head??

Vanilla servers and then start patching them??? how are they vanilla servers then??? Then why create them???? Its either vanilla or just live servers....you can not have both...

No way. We demanded Vanilla WoW, broken as shit or not, and that's how it should be.

I feel like you're missing the point of legacy servers even by asking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Did they what patch the classic servers will use and if Naxxramas will be available?