Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    Oh I'm sorry...I guess you're the authority...you heard it here...he said I was wrong so I guess that's all.

Yeah...because Azshara, perhaps the strongest Mage of all time who made even the higher up demons quake should just be a footnote...there we go...because you feel Azshara is a nothing she is a nothing...case closed!

In case it's hard for you to understand, I'm being sarcastic.
    My comment was on you saying that this expansion is bad because of classic servers. That's what I laughed at. Because that's a laughable comment.

As for Azshara who knows. She's powerful, sure, but I understand why she's not the face of the expansion. A naga expansion would be a complete bore.

Do they really need to announce some huge feature and not tune the ones they have now? Sure this is a filler expansion in terms of story but if it’s a refinement of what was in legion then what’s the fucking problem? I think sub races are a big enough reveal but what do I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Kharum View Post
    People have wanted/hyped an Azshara expansion for years. Instead, they gave us this expansion with a kinda bland theme that got mixed reactions.

And then they announce, like it's no big deal, that Azshara will be a first tier raid boss.

Now imagine if they marketed it as an Azshara expansion that also features a lot of faction war. I'm pretty sure the hype would have been much higher.
    I'm pretty sure we will not kill Azshara. There is so much Lore and things they can do with her. I guarantee you it will not be the last we will see of her. My bet is still on a future Azshara-related expansion.

Only a small subset care about Azshara. This news is all over everywhere. Who cares where she appears in it?

Deleted
    It is the first expansion that feels kinda meh and it is also the first time that i feel like if i stop playing wow I wouldnt care. On the other hand im pretty excited about classic wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    It feels like we're getting a meh expansion because they decided to waste their time on Vanilla.
    actually, they said they were working on it. gave no release or information. feels more like them giving just enough to make people shut up a bit. or let them close down other vanilla servers because they are "working on them".

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Azshara probably be mid-tier , like Gul'dan, and a secret yet to be revealed plot for raid 3 and 4.

Deleted
    Its the Azshara-jinx: She is supposed to be a pretty big number in Warcraft lore, but Blizz treats her like Hogger, making her appear as a run of the mill Naga model in a level 14 quest in Darkshore.

Yeah, their handling of Azshara is just an example of really bad story telling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kharum View Post
    People have wanted/hyped an Azshara expansion for years. Instead, they gave us this expansion with a kinda bland theme that got mixed reactions.

And then they announce, like it's no big deal, that Azshara will be a first tier raid boss.

Now imagine if they marketed it as an Azshara expansion that also features a lot of faction war. I'm pretty sure the hype would have been much higher.
    That's a highly subjective opinion. I don't its been so much hyped, as it has been speculated. Why? Because its a villain/character we know exists, that we haven't really seen anything about. That doesn't at all equate to people being "stoked" to see her finally.

I for one and extremely happy they are actually paying attention to the lore and the story that keeps us at war. As I mentioned in another thread, it was either something catalyst like this/these events... OR orcs and elves start having little malformed babies. For a LONG time now, we have had little to no reason to be at each others throats. More often than not our intentions/purposes align, and there is far more lore/story to suggest we should give up the petty bickering and simply join forces.

It isn't marketed as an Azshara xpac, because she is only one part of it... going to Argus gave us our first GLOBAL view of Azeroth, and the continents as we know them... are only one side of the planet. At Blizzcon they mention 3 separate new landmasses to explore. Is Azshara in it? Yes. Is she THE baddy? No. There is more here in this xpac that has NOTHING to do with her and her kind.

I care more about content / gameplay / class than the lore / bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Alliance campaign: Humans vs Undead

Orc Campaign: Had more Orcs vs Humans, Orcs, and Night Elves

Undead Campaign: Undead vs Humans

Night Elf Campaign: Night Elves vs Orcs, humans, and demons

WC3 had a lot of race vs race going on, even outside of undead and demons.

-WC 3 original game, human campaign: The fight against the Undead Scourge, culminating in Arthas's fall and transformation into a death knight.
    -WC 3 original game, undead campaign: The story of Arthas's first quests as a death knight, the rebirth of Kel Thu'zad as a lich, and ultimating the coming of the burning legion and the destruction of Dalaran.
    -WC 3 original game, orc campaign: The story of Thrall leading the Orcs to Kalimdor, befriending the Tauren, making tentative peace with the Humans, and establishing a new homeland for the Orcs.
    -WC 3 original game, night elf campaign: The discovery by the night elves that the Legion has returned, initial conflicts with human and orc alike, followed eventually by an alliance between all the races to stop the Legion at the Battle for Mount Hyjal.
    -WC 3 expansion, Night Elf campaign: Maive's battle to re-capture Illidan, followed by Malfurion and Illidan temporarily allying to rescue Tyrande from the Scourge.
    -WC 3 expansion, Human/Blood Elf campaign: Kael'thas's departure from the Alliance, his alliance with Illidan and Lady Vashj, and their battle to take control of Outland.
    -WC 3 expansion, undead campaign: Arthas's battle to save the Lich King, culminating in his taking the crown and becoming the Lich King. Concurrently, Sylvanas's struggle to find a new existence free of the Lich King, her battles against the Legion, and ultimately the establishment of the Forsaken.
    -WC 3 expansion, orc RPG-style campaign: The story of Durotar's early struggles, Admiral Daelin Proudmoore's refusal to give up the old war, and how the Horde after winning that battle chose to preserve a peace with Jaina Proudmoore after her father was killed.

The Night Elf vs. Orc/Human conflicts died off almost as quickly as the started... pretty much the instant the night elves realized what was going on.

All of the Orc vs. Human/Night Elf conflict in the orc campaign was the result of Grom Hellscream being too bloodthirsty to stop for 5 seconds, and was followed promptly by his corruption. Undoing that was a pretty major theme of that storyline.

The Undead of WC3 had nothing whatsoever to do with the Forsaken. Claiming that as an example is simply false.

None of the "race vs race" conflict of that game was a primary theme, other than using it to show why it was a bad idea. I mean, if that's what you're going for, that the faction war is a bad idea, I'll happily agree with you, but somehow I doubt that's your point.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubbl3 View Post
    Warcraft 3 roots are not "faction war" - the entirety of WC3 is basically to overcome faction war to fight a common enemy and only idiots like some alliance Kings stood against that and got killed off.

I think what you mean is back to WC2 :P
    Considering we do not know the extent of the story for this expansion, and the developers themselves explicitly stated getting back to the WC3 roots I think there will probably be a lot more going on here than just an Alliance vs. Horde story.
    Remember, you're unique... just like everyone else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    actually, they said they were working on it. gave no release or information. feels more like them giving just enough to make people shut up a bit. or let them close down other vanilla servers because they are "working on them".
    WoD sucked, Legion was a mixed bag at best, and now this...feels like they have taken so much away just to make some people who can't seem to take off their rose tinted glasses happy.

Feels like a phoned in expansion to keep all the people yelling for *faction wars* to be happy...like the whole topic this blizzcon is *Fan service*

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Supersomething View Post
    Considering we do not know the extent of the story for this expansion, and the developers themselves explicitly stated getting back to the WC3 roots I think there will probably be a lot more going on here than just an Alliance vs. Horde story.
    This is Blizz we're talking about...

Based on this thread.

Nothing blizzard could have done would have satisfied you people.

You know what the thread would be if the expansion was blatantly naga/azshara themed?

"Oh yawn, more elf crap"
    "Oh Vashj'ir again"
    "Good job blizz keep ignoring Sylvaanas"
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    I am way more excited for a return to WC3 roots than a naga expansion.

And no it didnt get mixed reactions, you're just bitter.
    wc3 roots : alliance and horde and (back then) night elves against common enemy of Burning Legion that wants to wipe out life
    this whatever it is : alliance vs horde like idiots and enemy of all lives like Old Gods are ignored
    ... what wc3 did u play ?
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    Honestly I like the theme of this expansion more than "Azshara is a big baddie, watch out guys!!11!1"

Azshara is a worthy villain but compared to Sargeras or Deathwing or the Lich King... she's pretty small time. So focusing on her directly would be foolish. Instead, while she will play a major role, the focus is on the factions. If Garrosh was the face of Pandaria it would have been just as bad; what they are doing makes sense.

lol

No, not even remotely, sorry.
    LOL, nope. Azshara is far more interesting than DW and LK, because neither of them were actually powerful before they got enhanced by Titan constructs/Nzoth or the helm of command. Azshara on her own had a lot of power, a very mysterious charm aura that could charm creatures without a soul, and then got buffed by the well, followed by Nzoth, and then she captured the Neptulon's weapon, lord knows what else she has collected since then.

Quote Originally Posted by EUPLEB View Post
    LOL, nope. Azshara is far more interesting than DW and LK, because neither of them were actually powerful before they got enhanced by Titan constructs/Nzoth or the helm of command. Azshara on her own had a lot of power, a very mysterious charm aura that could charm creatures without a soul, and then got buffed by the well, followed by Nzoth, and then she captured the Neptulon's weapon, lord knows what else she has collected since then.
    I'm saying that in terms of power she is weaker, not that in terms of narrative she is boring. And Blizzard can rewrite it if they wish at any time. She's definitely no weakling, but if she had the power to conquer the world like the Lich King did or destroy it like Deathwing, she would have done so by now. And comparing virtually anything to Sargeras is a bad idea.

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    wc3 roots : alliance and horde and (back then) night elves against common enemy of Burning Legion that wants to wipe out life
    this whatever it is : alliance vs horde like idiots and enemy of all lives like Old Gods are ignored
    ... what wc3 did u play ?
    I replayed WC3 a few months ago.

It has a LOT more than just people vs demons and people vs undead. Try playing it again.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

it's just a filler xpac.. it will most likely be subpar while they work on making the next one awesome

7+ Year Old Account
    Looks good to me. And I am pumped.

"Only Beasts are above deceit" - Rexxar