Poll: Do you think Blizzard should/will rebalance classes on vanilla?

Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Demithio View Post
    Not even about difficulty. More like the "push the button and out pops a prize" machine wont be there. Nor will there be hand holding and spoon feeding through the content. Sorry, no insta-teleporting to the dungeon or city, or the big red arrow pointer that shows them where the objective is. All of which they've grown completely accustomed, and dependent upon.
    That's not hard or hard core that's just time consuming stop making menial shit out to be anything other than redundant.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    and where do you draw the line? claasses have been constantly balanced for 13 years. at which point where they fine for vanilla?

the whole point of going back to vanilla is that it feels like vanilla. and how each class is, is a part of that.
    To answer your question, TBC had a great class balance without being homogenized slop like now. It fixed many class issues that vanilla had, especially with hybrids. I think it could still feel like vanilla and still be enjoyable to play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinndor View Post
    Only by casuals what never played vannila. Classic servers are for people what palyed vannila and want that experience again. We totaly accept this type of desing. And if new players will cry. Well go play other game then. Nobady forces you to play classic game.
    I'm curious as to who you think started crying to get these changes. If you ACTUALLY played vanilla, you'd know that these roles weren't accepted by the masses, and it was a struggle even THEN to get people to accept the fact that certain classes were designed to fulfill certain roles in the raiding scene and not all specs were viable for raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Thalem View Post
    Yup this! Look at all these pro-vanilla people now hoping to get things "balanced" and "minor quality of life additions". No. That's not vanilla. That's not the "experience you wanted". Please tell me how fun the game is when you sit in the major hub city spamming "LF Tank, Mara" Also tell me how fun the game is when it's a bunch of Warriors, Priests, Mages and Rogues and almost nothing else because all the other classes were horrible.
    warlock was one of the strongest classes both in pve and pvp.
    shamans and paladins were both great. in both pvp and pve.

the only class i would call genuinely shitty in vanilla were druids, but resto druids were actually decent. it's just the other two specs that sucked.

rogues were also underdemanded, i cant remember the number of times i got the message "no rogues thx" in any grps that went through.
    we had no reliable cc (sap brought you out of stealth)
    no AOE, no range, and we were squishy af

and where do you draw the line? claasses have been constantly balanced for 13 years. at which point where they fine for vanilla?

the whole point of going back to vanilla is that it feels like vanilla. and how each class is, is a part of that.

how dare we want something you dont?
    It's not that I don't want people to have things I don't want. I just truly, with all my heart and brain, believe 80% of the "I want vanilla server" crowd will abandon the game within 6 months because it is objectively, by today's standards, a terrible game. In vanilla, they didn't come out with a stream of content patches. The came out with class balance patches because the classes were a friggen mess.

I honestly think this announcement, time and investment by Blizzard is a giant troll and that in 1 year after release when the server is dead they will internally telling themselves "Told you guys. You think you do, but you don't. We were right all along."

Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    That being a move toward peoples who acclaimed vanilla as the best i don't see why they should change things, rest to be seen what patch they will put on if the last pre bc or another even more old.
    Still they should leave thing how they where, specs, classes, races; no pala for horde, no shaman for alliance (so no bl for alliance raid), no belf and no dranei etc etc.
    There was no Bloodlust in Vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    Mage, you mean We'll be back on top of the charts for good, as we pure dps always should be! Rejoice!
    Haha indeed frost mage in nilla is a nightmare to fight. As a warrior you are just a free kill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    Haha indeed frost mage in nilla is a nightmare to fight. As a warrior you are just a free kill.
    that is, if you survive the first mortal strike.

It's not that I don't want people to have things I don't want. I just truly, with all my heart and brain, believe 80% of the "I want vanilla server" crowd will abandon the game within 6 months because it is objectively, by today's standards, a terrible game. In vanilla, they didn't come out with a stream of content patches. The came out with class balance patches because the classes were a friggen mess.

I honestly think this announcement, time and investment by Blizzard is a giant troll and that in 1 year after release when the server is dead they will internally telling themselves "Told you guys. You think you do, but you don't. We were right all along."
    can't speak for others, but I relatively regularly play private servers when i get free time, and i sure as hell will play vanilla.

all it needs is one server with like 3-5000 players out of 5 million active users really. and it's fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post
    that is, if you survive the first mortal strike.
    Mages with the bubble aren't going to die to a mortal strike, even in vanilla, even if it crits.

Even in TBC, I saw naked mages toying with fully geared warriors because they could. You are crazy if you think warriors have any kind of advantage against frost mages in classic.

We're going to get to enjoy all of this all over again. And the best part is that Blizzard is not obligated to do anything about it. This feels more like a social experiment than featured content, and I am going to deeply enjoy it, I think!

Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    Don't worry, there'll be plenty of shitty mages that don't know to use downranked Frostbolts or Frostbite. You'll break many glass cannons to pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    Mages with the bubble aren't going to die to a mortal strike, even in vanilla, even if it crits.

Even in TBC, I saw naked mages toying with fully geared warriors because they could. You are crazy if you think warriors have any kind of advantage against frost mages in classic.

We're going to get to enjoy all of this all over again. And the best part is that Blizzard is not obligated to do anything about it. This feels more like a social experiment than featured content, and I am going to deeply enjoy it, I think!
    tbh I'm most scared about paladins and other classes with specs that didn't work.

warlock was one of the strongest classes both in pve and pvp.
    shamans and paladins were both great. in both pvp and pve.

the only class i would call genuinely shitty in vanilla were druids, but resto druids were actually decent. it's just the other two specs that sucked.

rogues were also underdemanded, i cant remember the number of times i got the message "no rogues thx" in any grps that went through.
    we had no reliable cc (sap brought you out of stealth)
    no AOE, no range, and we were squishy af
    I honestly don't remember Locks or Paladins every being strong at PvP. Paladins were strong at PvE because of their blessings and healing for raid groups. Locks again I think were terrible in PvE as well. Nobody played locks from what I remember. At least that's been pretty consistent since the start of WoW I guess.

It's not WoW Vanilla it's WoW Classic. It can be very different

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post
    tbh I'm most scared about paladins and other classes with specs that didn't work.
    Protection paladins were a figment of imagination until TBC. No one in their right mind played one. Even bears were mostly unplayed, but at least they could taunt and produce threat. Even shamans could tank better.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    It probably wouldn't HURT the game if they tweaked it as much as the purists are imagining, except in as much as it deviates from the pure experience. Some proc for shadowpriests boomkins elemental shaman for mana regen wouldn't be terrible.
    I would just want QoL changes, like making the group buff spells (Prayer of Fort, Gift of Wild, Arcane Brilliance, etc) apply to the entire raid, instead of just one group.

No big changes, just little fixes that make things like that less frustrating.

- - - Updated - - -

Protection paladins were a figment of imagination until TBC. No one in their right mind played one. Even bears were mostly unplayed, but at least they could taunt and produce threat. Even shamans could tank better.
    Paladins could tank 5mans just fine. They could also tank raids, the problem was just that Warrior had much better threat and defenses.

Yeah, our old vanilla guild was just having a convo about this and someone mentioned leveling a retri paladin and at level cap getting told you either heal or reroll

On that note, it's going to be amusing how many people go into classic servers with a modern mindset. "Shaman can't tank 5 man dungeons." "Druids don't have to heal in raids." etc. Oh, it's going to be messy.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    I would just want QoL changes, like making the group buff spells (Prayer of Fort, Gift of Wild, Arcane Brilliance, etc) apply to the entire raid, instead of just one group.

- - - Updated - - -

Paladins could tank 5mans just fine. They could also tank raids, the problem was just that Warrior had much better threat and defenses.
    But what about the experience man??? That was all part of the GREAT experience!!!!

I honestly don't remember Locks or Paladins every being strong at PvP. Paladins were strong at PvE because of their blessings and healing for raid groups. Locks again I think were terrible in PvE as well. Nobody played locks from what I remember. At least that's been pretty consistent since the start of WoW I guess.
    demo lock with soul link and the reworked death coil was insane.

i could literally hold down farm 1v3 on my alt warlock that had nothing but rank10 gear. I had like 10k effective hp on him
    as for pve the demonic sacrifice ruin build for horde and the shadow power ruin guild for alliance, were both insanely effective dps builds.

and paladins were insanely good in battlegrounds, freedom/bop/instant heals, etc were extremely useful. and if you wanted to beat shit up ret/prot with reckoning was scary.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post

I'll ask again, where do you draw the line?

every single player will want different "little QoL changes",

"yeah let's have buffs affect the whole raid"
    "I dont like the reagent cost why not remove it for QoL?"
    "why not just remove buffs, all it does is promote class over player"

oh wait we're in legion again...

the only stuff they should implement, are what were achieveable by addons anyway, like UI improvements, like sending multiple mail, better raidframes, dungeon journal etc. movable player frames etc.

nothing that directly affects gameplay
    Last edited by shaunika123; 2017-11-03 at 11:39 PM.