Page 32 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Seems to be a bit of division going on about that.

Many Classic players seem to be entirely against going back, so it being a "superior version of the game" is highly subjective.
    IMHO its objectively better. I dont know how someone can honestly say the QoL changes of todays WoW can trump the game design of vanilla and how character progression actually felt like progression.

Absolutely vanilla had faults and QoL changes were welcomed by me as WoW matured, but i will i na second give those back for a feeling of a properly designed MMO like vanilla was.

Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    Ive played live since 2006, and i can without question say i will be playing classic for at minimum 6 months and will put it ahead of live server priority. For people that actually played back then, we know its a superior version of the game, the bottom line is the good of the game outweighed the bad
    Well, depends on how you view it, you started late depending when in 2006, Vanilla has nothing to offer me, i consumed it all apart from Four Horsemen, Sapph and Kel? Couldnt care less really, it wasnt that i wouldnt, i just had other stuff to do till TBC launch that period :<.

Frankly, i have people IRL that want to play old servers, every time we discuss it despite what they say, all i hear from them is "I failed to reach where i wanted then and i wanna do it nao!"

There is a crowd that wants to play these servers, Nost proved it, other private servers proved it, i would bet there is a good 500k people that will active accounts to play that server A LOT, but many more will come back, play a week/month, realize "wtf is this!" and fuck off again to unsubbing or current WoW.

If they apply 2017's worth of "polish" to the Classic realms, they'll no doubt remove aspects that made Classic what it was to the people wanting it back.

Or so it would seem, perhaps people used to Private servers would welcome it?
    They won't do this lol.
    "There’s still a lot of questions about how the team will tackle it, but Brack says they’re committed to recreating an authentic Vanilla World of Warcraft experience." Keyword here being AUTHENTIC. Not - Somewhat authentic.

Ive been right the entire way, if i continue to be right WoW classic will be the most watched twitch channel when it releases (maybe still behind league cause, asians).
    Many games are "most watched" when released, new expansions and games alike.

Wether that "most watched" will stay however? Different matter entirely.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    They won't do this lol.
    "There’s still a lot of questions about how the team will tackle it, but Brack says they’re committed to recreating an authentic Vanilla World of Warcraft experience." Keyword here being AUTHENTIC. Not - Somewhat authentic.
    But with Blizzard level of polish to it.

They're not the 2004 Blizzard anymore, will they make sure to recreate BUGS... Imbalance?

Many games are "most watched" when released, new expansions and games alike.

Wether that "most watched" will stay however? Different matter entirely.

- - - Updated - - -

But with Blizzard level of polish to it.

They're not the 2004 Blizzard anymore.
    They're bringing in new team members to handle this though so we'll see!

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    Whenever people stream legacy wow it trumps all other streams of retail lmao
    Its easily gonna beat WoW retail, it may even beat league and PUBG for a week-month.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Well, depends on how you view it, you started late depending when in 2006, Vanilla has nothing to offer me, i consumed it all apart from Four Horsemen, Sapph and Kel? Couldnt care less really, it wasnt that i wouldnt, i just had other stuff to do till TBC launch that period :<.

Frankly, i have people IRL that want to play old servers, every time we discuss it despite what they say, all i hear from them is "I failed to reach where i wanted then and i wanna do it nao!"

There is a crowd that wants to play these servers, Nost proved it, other private servers proved it, i would bet there is a good 500k people that will active accounts to play that server A LOT, but many more will come back, play a week/month, realize "wtf is this!" and fuck off again to unsubbing or current WoW.
    See that thinking is weird to me, you only play WoW for raids? Its so much more than that to me, and this is the reason i have a hard time describing vanilla to others as they are so brainwashed into the idea that only raids and gear score matters.

IMHO its objectively better. I dont know how someone can honestly say the QoL changes of todays WoW can trump the game design of vanilla and how character progression actually felt like progression.

Absolutely vanilla had faults and QoL changes were welcomed by me as WoW matured, but i will i na second give those back for a feeling of a properly designed MMO like vanilla was.
    Your "honest opinion" that it's Objectively better, is still just an opinion.

In the "honest opinion" of others, WOTLK was objectively the best. In the "honest opinion" of others yet, some other iteration was "objectively best".

- - - Updated - - -

Its easily gonna beat WoW retail,
    An Official Classic server will be Retail, it'll be under the WoW category.

This eagerness to have split is worrying though, but a remnant from the mentality of "us vs them!" I suppose... hopefully it'll die down once the server launches and just "slides in" and becomes a part of the community mind.

Its easily gonna beat WoW retail, it may even beat league and PUBG for a week-month.

- - - Updated - - -

See that thinking is weird to me, you only play WoW for raids? Its so much more than that to me, and this is the reason i have a hard time describing vanilla to others as they are so brainwashed into the idea that only raids and gear score matters.
    No, i just accepted what WoW is all about, and grew up to not care about the other parts of it.

Plus, i burnt an insane amount of time during Vanilla/TBC/Wotlk to be top of the game, realm firsts, top warrior on the server, playing a lot, you know the drill, have to be the best possible you can be ahead of the crowd of plebs?

Now i just want to see the raids, get the basic gear required for the next raid, and thats it, thats the Western MMO Genre, its all about gear chase, the rest crap are irrelevant to me.

Vanilla PvP? Quests? Community..As i said, did everything, i was a moving "Thottbot" as people called me for years, there isnt anything i didnt do in Vanilla that i would want to re-do and as someone that has seen the real vanilla for what it is, todays WoW is miles better, its just no longer a RPG, its an ARPG.

Therefor i can understand people missing the WoW RPG elements, but as a game overall, Vanilla is a pile of shit after all these years.

Dancing on the org bank again will be worth anything blizz wants from me be it money, left arm, my first borns soul etc etc

What do you play Vanilla for? Because "exploring the world" kinda lost it's charm after we did it already in 2004/2005/2006/2007. Vanilla had world exploration, but we did that. Vanilla had dungeons, but we also did them. Vanilla has raids, but raids don't matter. Vanilla had a lot of grinding, but we also did that already, also grinding was almost exclusively for gear or buffs, both which you only needed in raids, which don't matter.

So you play Vanilla only for the PvP I guess? Because that would be the only thing that stays kinda fresh.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    No, i just accepted what WoW is all about, and grew up to not care about the other parts of it.

Plus, i burnt an insane amount of time during Vanilla/TBC/Wotlk to be top of the game, realm firsts, top warrior on the server, playing a lot, you know the drill, have to be the best possible you can be ahead of the crowd of plebs?

Now i just want to see the raids, get the basic gear required for the next raid, and thats it, thats the Western MMO Genre, its all about gear chase, the rest crap are irrelevant to me.

Vanilla PvP? Quests? Community..As i said, did everything, i was a moving "Thottbot" as people called me for years, there isnt anything i didnt do in Vanilla that i would want to re-do and as someone that has seen the real vanilla for what it is, todays WoW is miles better, its just no longer a RPG, its an ARPG.

Therefor i can understand people missing the WoW RPG elements, but as a game overall, Vanilla is a pile of shit after all these years.
    So after you spent a billion hours into the game you say: "it was nothing special"?
    Death to all undead rogues and mages!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hubbl3 View Post
    What do you play Vanilla for? Because "exploring the world" kinda lost it's charm after we did it already in 2004/2005/2006/2007. Vanilla had world exploration, but we did that. Vanilla had dungeons, but we also did them. Vanilla has raids, but raids don't matter. Vanilla had a lot of grinding, but we also did that already, also grinding was almost exclusively for gear or buffs, both which you only needed in raids, which don't matter.

So you play Vanilla only for the PvP I guess? Because that would be the only thing that stays kinda fresh.
    I reached level 40 in the alliance and level 50 in the horde back in Vanilla, still plenty new for me to explore or do.
    Death to all undead rogues and mages!!!!!

Your "honest opinion" that it's Objectively better, is still just an opinion.

In the "honest opinion" of others, WOTLK was objectively the best. In the "honest opinion" of others yet, some other iteration was "objectively best".
    To me classic WoW is vanilla>wrath, i loved all of them. Ive liked all xpacs honestly, its just that the game felt different back then, and people finally get a chance to experience this in a legit manner without worry of losing their progess

Quote Originally Posted by parcus View Post
    I reached level 40 in the alliance and level 50 in the horde back in Vanilla, still plenty new for me to explore or do.
    Oh. Yes. Okay. I agree.

Wanna have the real experience or the remastered version? Because I'm hoping you go with the real experience

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    I would just like to say, on behalf of everyone that lost their shit trying to explain what enjoyment was to idiots.

Ha ha ha, ha ha ha, ha ha, ha.

MMOChampion bite me, this has been a long time coming.

Cant wait to see how many knights change their tune now that Blizzard endorses it, as with anti-flying, it will be glorious.
    For real, I love it!! . Still waiting for someone to post the wall of no lololololol

Quote Originally Posted by Hubbl3 View Post

The experience as a whole was different. Raids were fine but it wasnt the focus back then, its not like vanilla is known for its amazing raid design. Make a character on classic servers and you might surprise yourself how everything fits together, its a totally different experience from retail

I wonder if it will be a progression server that starts at vanilla and goes through all of the expacs? That would be amazing.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by parcus View Post
    So after you spent a billion hours into the game you say: "it was nothing special"?
    No, i am saying i already have that special feeling of being the best there is on my server back then and one of the best worldwide, gear/progression wise Vanilla has nothing to offer me, at all.

All i mean is, nostalgia cant hit me cause there is nothing else left to see.

But i can accept how some people want to replay that stuff, especially those that were too young to understand what was going on, or those that want to experience some things, therefor congrats to that crowd!

But for everyone else that started much later, Vanilla WoW would seem like a mega slowed down World of Warcraft, and i simply mean the speed of things, combat/animations, everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have to admit I am really surprised by this. I mean, it's not like I've said they can't do it, just that it's not worth it for them. I guess they decided it is.

Regardless, I'll definitely check them out. I enjoyed playing on the classic private servers I tried out, no doubt an official, polished version will be superior

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    I wonder if it will be a progression server that starts at vanilla and goes through all of the expacs? That would be amazing.
    I would prefer if they added tbc server later on (and wrath after that) while still maintaining the older content servers. Give the ability to transfer a character over to a higher progressed 'classic server' at the appropriate level though.

But going beyond a Wrath classic server I wouldn't support. The game really turned to shit from that point on. Even Wrath I wouldn't be too into, but TBC would be fun to play again...eventually after many years on a vanilla server.