I'm confused, are we going to have cross-server guilds now?

Can't watch the panel so i'm going with pics and reactions from threads.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    There are already some lower population servers that are connected in such a way that you can have a guild technically across 2 servers. This has been a thing since MoP https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/10551009

Quote Originally Posted by Siraeyou View Post
    There are already some lower population servers that are connected in such a way that you can have a guild technically across 2 servers. This has been a thing since MoP https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/10551009
    i know about CRZ Guilds, i mean actual cross-server guilds in any server.

7+ Year Old Account
    It felt to me that it was more like D3 communities, except maybe not public. Guilds are still it's own thing.

I'm sure communities wont work the same with things like Master Loot and PvE progression.

Retired Shaman
    Signature by Winter Blossom

5+ Year Old Account
    I hate that guy, he looks like and acts like neville longbottom and its freaking me out
    Last edited by Merryck; 2017-11-04 at 01:46 AM.

Well it's a good thing (except the drift towards voice chat everything), but the cross-server groups that are not mutually exclusive is something that will only help the game. I remember back in wotlk I was a part of a cross guild raid team, we had our own chat channel, but it was hard to organize things since we weren't in one guild (back then there was no CRZ yet). With things like mythic+, RBGs and so forth favouring mostly organized groups rather than full pugs, it's good to be able to belong to multiple "groups" rather than in 1 guild.

They seem more like Discord, in that you join a group for chat and voice.
    Offers the communication and potentially organisation elements of guilds, but does not tie you to a single fixed group.
    As that image shows, you can have groups for different activities where you can talk to multiple people at once, normally something awkward to try and do when some are in the guild and some are not.
    Remains to be seen what a guild will be for now.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    They seem more like Discord, in that you join a group for chat and voice.
    Offers the communication and potentially organisation elements of guilds, but does not tie you to a single fixed group.
    As that image shows, you can have groups for different activities where you can talk to multiple people at once, normally something awkward to try and do when some are in the guild and some are not.
    Remains to be seen what a guild will be for now.
    My first though is that guilds are a bit .. outdated? They came with the original game with the original games limitations, whereas this new thing is a more modern version of what a community should look like.

Quote Originally Posted by Narveid View Post
    My first though is that guilds are a bit .. outdated? They came with the original game with the original games limitations, whereas this new thing is a more modern version of what a community should look like.

My thought is that the destruction of guilds has been the downfall of the game. It used to be you had some good in game friends in a smallish guild. Now we have 500+ guilds where no one really knows each other and people leave/join every day with no connections.

I'd like a community for Raid achievements to get that awesome nightmare moose mount, a community for M+ progression, a community for raid progression, a community for raid AP farming, etc. Would help WoW a great deal IMO. There's content to do like that but very very hard to organize right now.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

So basically, it's like Linkshells in FFXI/XIV. Hellllll yeah I'm totally down for that.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Narveid View Post
    Yes, in two ways as I see it.
    Realm specific, and able to join just one.
    Those I see as the major limitations on guilds, with only the first being actually I would argue appropriate at least before cross-realm.

Maybe when Raiding was the only big organised activity the single guild might have been sufficient, but with Rated Battlegrounds now I would say it was due a major overhaul.
    And while this isn't a guild replacement as such, it is offering communication tools that were long overdue in my opinion.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2017-11-04 at 02:47 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

I wonder if the NA/EU split will still exists for these communities.