Future Allied Races Speculation and Discussion

Let's talk about what Allied Races Blizzard can add in the future.

Here is my current wishlist:

Human - Half Elves
    Dwarf - Wildhammer, Earthen, Frostborn
    Gnome - Lepers, Mechagnomes
    Night Elf - Children of the Forest
    Draenei - Broken
    Worgen - Timber Worgen from Canada Grizzly Hills

Orc - Mok'nathal, Mag'har, Blackrock, Dragonmaw
    Tauren - Taunka, Yaungol
    Troll - Forest Troll, Sand Trolls, Frost Trolls
    Undead - Skeletons
    Blood Elf - Darkfallen
    Goblin - Hobgoblins, Gilgoblins, Vulpera

Pandaren - Tuskarr, Tortollan

10+ Year Old Account
    Or even Ogres too as a playable race...
    For the Horde!

I'd be down for Tuskarr to be honest.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well now that we have something of a frame of reference for Allied Races, we can throw out some things. Half Elves? Out, they don't have their own civilization we can recruit. Children of the Forest, probably out? Not a recycled model.

Skeletons and Hobgoblins also out for not being recycled.

TBH I hope all the obvious ones that are just different skin colors are delt with in 8.0 and 8.1 so we can then get onto fun new races like Tortollans and Vulpera.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Tortollans and Vulpera.
    So much this.

7+ Year Old Account
    I would play a skeleton so hard. Skeletons are always so happy.

Vrykul have fully rigged models AND have gear hooks on the model.

They could easily be a human subrace. It would even somewhat make sense lore wise.

10+ Year Old Account
    You know what, I was reading through the classes available to each Allied Race and I realized something.

Why do Horde recruit the Zandalari, who own the island they're going to, while the Alliance don't recruit the Kul'tirasians? It was mentioned at one of the panels that the Kul'tirasians have evolved to become taller and stronger than average Humans. Seems like the PERFECT setup for an Allied Race.

Excited we're finally getting subraces, and even more excited they said more are planned. Here's what I'd like to see coming in the future:

Human - Vrykul
    Dwarf - Wildhammer, Frostborn
    Night Elf - ???
    Gnome - Leper, Mecha
    Draenei - Broken
    Worgen - ???
    Pandaren (Alliance) - ???
    Orc - Mag'har, Blackrock, Dragonmaw
    Forsaken - "Fresh" Undead (Nathanos Blightcaller-type), Undead Elf
    Troll - Forest Troll
    Blood Elf - ???
    Goblin - (?) Vulpera
    Pandaren (Horde) - ???

It won't be ogres since every piece of gear in the game would have to be retooled to fit their skeleton, which is far too much work for a subrace. You all can drop that one lol...

Quote Originally Posted by Hallowseve17 View Post
    Excited we're finally getting subraces, and even more excited they said more are planned. Here's what I'd like to see coming in the future:

Human - Vrykul
    Dwarf - Wildhammer, Frostborn
    Night Elf - ???
    Gnome - Leper, Mecha
    Draenei - Broken
    Worgen - ???
    Pandaren (Alliance) - ???
    Orc - Mag'har, Blackrock, Dragonmaw
    Forsaken - "Fresh" Undead (Nathanos Blightcaller-type), Undead Elf
    Troll - Forest Troll
    Blood Elf - ???
    Goblin - (?) Vulpera
    Pandaren (Horde) - ???
    We have both Saurok (which we saw will be in BFA in a trailer) and Leonid's from WoD who both share worgen skeleton/animations

Blood elf could be wretched who managed to get their minds back to them via light (share skeleton/animation with pre-WoD forsaken, maybe post wod too, I haven't levelled a Belf in forever)

Pandaren could be Tortollan

Night elf could be Highborn (paler skin, arcane eyes), or maybe some kind of life-tempered leafy things like the Botani but less genocidal

Quote Originally Posted by anathama View Post
    It won't be ogres since every piece of gear in the game would have to be retooled to fit their skeleton, which is far too much work for a subrace. You all can drop that one lol...
    Plus they would have to create female Ogres from scratch. If we ever get em, it's not gonna be as part of this system.
    Yub Yub

You know what, I was reading through the classes available to each Allied Race and I realized something.

Why do Horde recruit the Zandalari, who own the island they're going to, while the Alliance don't recruit the Kul'tirasians? It was mentioned at one of the panels that the Kul'tirasians have evolved to become taller and stronger than average Humans. Seems like the PERFECT setup for an Allied Race.
    I mean they will probably be the "Zandalari" of the Alliance, but they get unlocked later.

Maybe Mag'har will be the "Dark Iron"?

I am willing to bet that Kul Tirans (or whatever the fuck they are called) will be the human Allied Race.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veluren View Post
    We have both Saurok (which we saw will be in BFA in a trailer) and Leonid's from WoD who both share worgen skeleton/animations

Blood elf could be wretched who managed to get their minds back to them via light (share skeleton/animation with pre-WoD forsaken, maybe post wod too, I haven't levelled a Belf in forever)

Pandaren could be Tortollan

Night elf could be Highborn (paler skin, arcane eyes), or maybe some kind of life-tempered leafy things like the Botani but less genocidal
    Yeah if I had to give ONE Allied Race to each existing race.... (based on underlying animations not the race itself)

Human - Kul'tirasian
    Dwarf - Dark Iron
    Night Elf - Nightborne (goes to the Horde) (They technically also provide the animations for the Zandalari soooooo..... oops?)
    Gnome - Mechagnome
    Draenei - Lightforged
    Worgen - Saurok (goes to the Horde)
    Pandaren- Furbolg / Tortollan (both go to the Alliance)
    Orc - Mag'har
    Forsaken - Wretched
    Troll - Forest Troll (though I imagine Zandalari "count" as their Allied Race)
    Blood Elf - Void Elf (goes to the Alliance)
    Goblin - Vulpera
    Tauren - Highmountain Tauren
    Last edited by Slowpoke is a Gamer; 2017-11-04 at 03:37 AM. Reason: My copypasta'd master copy didn't have Tauren.

I like Kul Tirasians as the Human allied race because they have models shown in the trailer. Physically larger than regular Humans, to me they look like the 'missing link' between Humans and Vrykul.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah if I had to give ONE Allied Race to each existing race.... (based on underlying animations not the race itself)

Human - Kul'tirasian
    Dwarf - Dark Iron
    Night Elf - Nightborne (goes to the Horde) (They technically also provide the animations for the Zandalari soooooo..... oops?)
    Gnome - Mechagnome
    Draenei - Lightforged
    Worgen - Saurok (goes to the Horde)
    Pandaren- Furbolg / Tortollan (both go to the Alliance)
    Orc - Mag'har
    Forsaken - Wretched
    Troll - Forest Troll (though I imagine Zandalari "count" as their Allied Race)
    Blood Elf - Void Elf (goes to the Alliance)
    Goblin - Vulpera
    Tauren - Highmountain Tauren
    I think Mag'har is a waste of Orc allied race. They are already all members of the Horde, and the change is just a simple skin swap, it should be added to the regular Orc customization options.

I think Mok'thanal (Half Ogres) are better, since they would have to be recruited from Outland, and would have a slightly different model than regular Orcs.

I could also see those noodly snake people standing as the Troll's model swap instead of forest trolls, depends on how tribal/sentient they are when we meet them

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    I like Kul Tirasians as the Human allied race because they have models shown in the trailer. Physically larger than regular Humans, to me they look like the 'missing link' between Humans and Vrykul.

- - - Updated - - -

I think Mag'har is a waste of Orc allied race. They are already all members of the Horde, and the change is just a simple skin swap, it should be added to the regular Orc customization options.

I think Mok'thanal (Half Ogres) are better, since they would have to be recruited from Outland, and would have a slightly different model than regular Orcs.
    I mean they added in Dark Irons which are already part of the Alliance (except when they're not in that one dungeon). And for that matter they added in High Elves just to sate a long-standing complaint of a certain community.

Don't see why the OG Sub-Race wouldn't be added.

Though Mok'nathol would be cool.

- - - Updated - - -

One thought I had. What if the reason that Night Elves provide the base for two Allied Races is because in their grand master plan they don't intend to add two races for Pandaren?

That way both sides still end up equal, as if Pandaren only provided one then one faction would end up +1 in the races category.