Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkguyver2020 View Post
    Just saying, it better be a damn good reason to essentially undo two expansions worth of story involving fighting against the Zandalari.
    You mean beyond the fact they lost hard at ever turn? Their desperate and the Horde need allies

Also one post said something about Blood Trolls. So my guess is Hakkar is leading these blood trolls, Maybe Zul sided with him

Horde has always been about mutual survival, Zandalar needs help and in their desperation have done some bad shit... so have a lot of races.

Rastakhan or however you say his name, isn't Zul, nor is all the Zandalari who are still on the island. So happy they decided to ally them instead of killing them.

Well I am just glad because the trolls would had FINALLY some weight in the plot and an interesting leader

Quote Originally Posted by Sails View Post
    You mean beyond the fact they lost hard at ever turn? Their desperate and the Horde need allies

Also one post said something about Blood Trolls. So my guess is Hakkar is leading these blood trolls, Maybe Zul sided with him
    So hyped for Hakkar's return. I hope he gets a powerup and becomes stronger than a lot of things we faced in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    Horde has always been about mutual survival, Zandalar needs help and in their desperation have done some bad shit... so have a lot of races.

Rastakhan or however you say his name, isn't Zul, nor is all the Zandalari who are still on the island. So happy they decided to ally them instead of killing them.
    Same here, allying with them was one of the best decisions made by Blizz.
    11/4/23 Updated power level -> Sargeras > Xal'atath > Void Empowered Azshara > Alleria > Galakrond > Iridikron > N'zoth > Jailor > Argus > Death Empowered Sylvanas > Lich King Arthas > Kil'jaeden > Archimonde > Illidan > Deathwing

Quote Originally Posted by Elven Athena View Post
    zero. Trolls were around before the Titans showed up. What are the chances these Blood Trolls are going to screw things up? Rather high. Hence the raid.
    "The Well accelerated the cycles of growth and rebirth on the primordial continent, and soon sentient life forms arose from the wilds. The trolls were among the first and most prolific."

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by KrakHed View Post
    Zul was a well known prophet. His visions weren't necessarily anything to do with the Old Gods, and turned out to be accurate. It wasn't a power grab on his part or anything. He went to Rastakhan and Rastakhan didn't listen.
    Yeah. Someone interpreted his character as a "Troll Gul'dan" of sort but when he tried to warn Rastakhan and the latter didn't listen, Zul shown genuine desperation.

Trolls were around before the Titans showed up.
    Nah, Chronicle Vol. 1 retconned that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Just saying, it better be a damn good reason to essentially undo two expansions worth of story involving fighting against the Zandalari.
    It's already been explained.

The Zandalar the Horde is working with, work under Rastakhan. The Zandalar we have been fighting, work under Zul the prophet. It has already been shown that Zul tried to rally the other troll races because he felt it was necessary, and has been at odds with Rastakhan since he left. I would not be surprised if we kill off Zul in this expansion, and if he turns out to be the leader of the 'blood trolls' or whatever they are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    it did? Bleh maybe they are a Titan creation then. Since everything else is apparently.
    Yes and no. If I remember the Chronicle bit correctly, Trolls weren't definitely "manufactured" like other races but nonetheless evolved from elementals (most likely) and got their evolutionary process sped up by the Well of Eternity. In other words, they're a native race that became what it became partially due to Titan influence (which is different from Elves that got directly mutated by those same energies). Regardless, all of this happened after Titans "ordered" Azeroth and fucked Old Gods in the ass.
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    Blizzard just retcons whatever they want to make whatever they want fit, my advice is just not to care so much and go with the flow. Atleast now we have cool looking male Troll models.
    It's called 'story progression'. If those words are too big for you, how about we go with 'things change as events unfold.' People throwing around buzzwords like retcon without even knowing what it means really grinds my gears. To clear up any confusion, this is how it goes. A retcon happens when Blizz says "You know how that thing happened in the past? It happened differently now so we can move the story in a different way." Unless they decide the Zandalari were never our enemies and all the events of ZA/ZG and Pandaria didn't happen, that's not a retcon. Having them go from enemies in the past to allies now is NOT a retcon.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

On paper, this new development seems like a really egregious retcon.

After the Cataclysm devastated their island, the Prophet Zul banded together the scattered troll tribes into one empire and have been trying to conquer Azeroth. Vol'jin and his Darkspear were the first to rebel against this and assisted both the Horde AND the Alliance to quell their uprising in the rebuilt Zul'Aman and Zul'Gurub.
    The Zandalari returned again on Pandaria where they helped resurrect Lei Shen. That too took the combined efforts of Jaina Proudmoore and Lor'themar Theron's forces to stop them as well as the Mogu empire.

Now you expect me to believe that they will be willing to be chummy with the Horde after their combined forces killed so many of their kin? And where is the Prophet Zul while this is happening? Is this a different faction of Zandalari while Zul is leading a band of renegades elsewhere that need to be dealt with?

So many questions and I'm not finding any answers.
    we earn their alleigence in the leveling zones. with the help of Urn'Jin and Loa

Kul'tiras is Jaina just asking her mom if she wants to kill Horde. ALLY UNLOCKED

- - - Updated - - -

The curious thing is Trolls might not have been 'made' but rather moulded, like the Dragons. That Uldir was supposed to be a 'lab' where Titans experimented with old God creations. Maybe they turned faceless into trolls or something. We'll find out eventually.
    maybe it makes Loas?

Urn'Jin save us

10+ Year Old Account
    The curious thing is Trolls might not have been 'made' but rather moulded, like the Dragons. That Uldir was supposed to be a 'lab' where Titans experimented with old God creations. Maybe they turned faceless into trolls or something. We'll find out eventually.
    Yeah, that's a valuable guess indeed. It's not like you can take the Chronicle info literally anyway but rather more as face value, Blizzard would clearly save this kind of details for the coming expansions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    maybe it makes Loas?
    I doubt Titans moulded Wild Gods.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Yeah, that's a valuable guess indeed. It's not like you can take the Chronicle info literally anyway but rather more as face value, Blizzard would clearly save this kind of details for the coming expansions.

- - - Updated - - -

I doubt Titans moulded Wild Gods.
    what about Bwosamedi

On paper, this new development seems like a really egregious retcon.

After the Cataclysm devastated their island, the Prophet Zul banded together the scattered troll tribes into one empire and have been trying to conquer Azeroth. Vol'jin and his Darkspear were the first to rebel against this and assisted both the Horde AND the Alliance to quell their uprising in the rebuilt Zul'Aman and Zul'Gurub.
    The Zandalari returned again on Pandaria where they helped resurrect Lei Shen. That too took the combined efforts of Jaina Proudmoore and Lor'themar Theron's forces to stop them as well as the Mogu empire.

Now you expect me to believe that they will be willing to be chummy with the Horde after their combined forces killed so many of their kin? And where is the Prophet Zul while this is happening? Is this a different faction of Zandalari while Zul is leading a band of renegades elsewhere that need to be dealt with?

So many questions and I'm not finding any answers.
    It makes as much sense as the Nightborne randomly turning on the Alliance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    what about Bwosamedi
    Pretty sure Bwomsamdi has been a breathing and living Troll at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Fayolynn View Post
    It makes as much sense as the Nightborne randomly turning on the Alliance.
    I thought I was cool with the Highmountain Tauren too.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Pretty sure Bwomsamdi has been a breathing and living Troll at some point.
    maybe the forge of control helped him ascend after death.

Maybe Urn'Jin will become the Loa we need.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nize View Post
    Exalted with Highmountain tauren.... and ones camping you. LIES

We are yet to experience 7.3.5, the yet to be announced 7.4, "Before the Storm" novel, 8.0 pre patch, who knows how many cinematics, short stories, comics and audio dramas on top of all that, and then finally the 110-120 content and Zandalar campaign that leads to the unlocking of Zandalari Trolls for your account. Do you honestly think any of us know the answer right now? When the content is there, you can start complaining, until then settle down and strap in for the ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Nize View Post
    Yup didn't even think about that one.

Yup the Zandarlarians will be horde lock stock and barrel just like the Kul'Tirans!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fayolynn View Post
    Yup didn't even think about that one.
    Just like the Americans thought about with the Russians after WW2! Alliances change very quickly in a topsy turvy world!

I'm just glad we got male Trolls that stand upright. Now lets get some Orcs with good posture.