Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I just got Legion today after not playing retail since mid MOP, don't get me wrong it looks nice and the combat is way more engaging but the pace is totally different. Basically two completely different games. Vanilla has that slower older gen RPG feel; things feel more meaningful and you really feel like you're in a world. With Legion although you're constantly doing something (leveling at least, don't know about max yet), it feels really crammed and themeparky, always running into something every corner.

I like that you can actually now in Legion die fighting a few mobs and that mana and healing yourself matter more than in MOP when I left, and like I said the combat is nice but it really is more oriented towards a twitch type of gameplay. And the less focused and standardized distribution of quests in Vanilla make it so that even thought most are still the same kill/collect quests, the fact it's not always the same kind every quest hub makes it feel a lot less repetitive than retail, even if I already know all the quests.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Infernix View Post
    I'm terribly confused by the idea that people can actually be entertained by a static game that's never going to be updated or have anything added to it. Like...ever.

I mean, Tic-Tac-Toe is a static game that I 'can' play, but I don't think I'd play $15 a month to play Tic-Tac-Toe, either.

Your explanation is basically "It'll take a lot longer to finish the stuff" but you KNOW that you're going to finish it. And then, when it's finished...that's it. I mean, that is IT. There's no Pre-BC patch, there's no BC, no LK, no nothing....Just "let's go kill Sulfuras again."

It baffles me. And for this limited ratrace, you're giving up X-mog, flying, much better balanced classes, ease of play, much less grind and actually engaging and complicated(in comparison) Raid fights. I mean, let's not pretend like MC was hard, ever.

You're giving up a ton of QOL stuff in return for getting dry-shafted because you plainly remember it being fun, kinda, back when you were younger and didn't know any better.

Yes, I'm fucking confused. This whole thing is fucking retarded.
    Some people don't care about any of the features you mentioned. I do and probably won't touch it but I have at least 3 friends super pumped for it. Life was a lot simpler back in vanilla and there's a strong enough demand for it.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

I still can't believe they are doing it tbh. Even if player retention is double that of the biggest private servers, it's still going to be a massive failure. Considering the fact that people will not be able to buy gold, buy levels, but items e.t.c and play in the first place for free, I doubt they will beat the retention stats of Nostalrius, which, itself was a hilarious failure in terms of player retention. 18% player retention come the end, and when you consider the massive amount of advertising by blizzard themselves, the "active accounts" would've skyrocketed in the final days. Disregarding the bandwagon users that joined near the end, it would be safe to assume that retention was below 10% prior to Nostalrius announcing it's closure.

Server starts, hundreds of thousands join up within 1 year. At the end of said year, less than 10% of them remain. Who in their right mind thinks that is a good idea?!
    I'm happy for the few who actually want this, and will play it long term, but there really isn't many that do, I just hope it doesn't have a negative impact on the Live game, as that's where the majority user base is; and always will be. This is a scary time, if they are willing to flip on this issue just to please a vocal minority, what other crazy shit could they pull in the future?

Nostalrius has been quite since closure too, part of me want's to believe they are working on the classic servers, and not a single wow dev has been pulled from live, that's the best option, and what I believe has happened. They had a meeting with Blizzard, that they were very shady and vague about, I believe they've been working on it for a year under NDA.

We just have to hope the small gain outweighs the potentially massive loss.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aizen244 View Post
    Dont get me wrong vanilla was great when it released but now there is nothing left to beat in vanilla, we defeated all raids, the only thing that remains is some pvp perhaps, why would you even bother with a game you have already defeated? there is nothing to progress upon, i never understood this vanilla server thing, it makes so sense.
    I didn't play vanilla, I want to try it. Also I don't like current WoW with its RNG and endless farm and I'm likely to stay in classic forever if they'll provide that option.

I am just wondering what the players will do after reaching 60 and finishing all dungeons and raids?
    i mean it is not like there would be an expansion, right?

I really want to hear how players like it, without the QoL changes, made since.

Quote Originally Posted by vsb View Post
    I didn't play vanilla, I want to try it. Also I don't like current WoW with its RNG and endless farm and I'm likely to stay in classic forever if they'll provide that option.
    LOL holy shit, if you think the current game is bad with RNG and 'endless farming', then you're gonna REALLY enjoy Vanilla.
    Garrosh: "LOK'TAR! HAVE A HAMBURGER."

I am The Burning Legion - Play Free Online Games

15+ Year Old Account
    Lol this thread
    "Woooow who wants to play an old game???? Retards!!!"
    "We do because we want to."
    "Wooooow wtf!!!!!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    What's up buddy? Vaginal dryness or something? Don't know why you're so upset and if the "daft" comment was really neccessary. Besides, if anything, it describes you more than me. I never explicitely claimed that warrior leveling was "as easy as warlock/hunter", that's a comparison and category you made up and attached yourself, so you either can't read or are just putting words in my mouth. Either way, who gives a fuck about these petty, stupid little bullshit debates?

Just to remind you, the comment I was quoting was: "it's incredibly challenging. The world around you is deadly." Which was and still is a vast exaggaration, as well as a nonsensical misrepresentation of Vanilla WoW's appeal. So please. Do we need to kiss the owie and make it better now?
    Apparently we all care about these petty stupid debates, because we continue to do them. And you seem to care a bit more, because seriously, you're way too easy to trigger. One small comment about your intelligence and you go off, sounds like insecurity to me.

Whats really unnecessary is you in general, you literally just came into this thread to pretty much insult someone and belittle their opinion. I even tried to have a legitimate debate about leveling difficulty, but you immediately made a drastically exaggerated blanket statement and insulted people again, because for some reason your memories are perfectly intact, while everyone else's aren't?

There's also the incredibly simple truth in that what you find challenging and what other find challenging is completely different. I don't find Dark Souls challenging at all, I beat S&O on my second attempt, a boss that caused a friend of mine to break his controller and quit the game for a month, and many people consider to the hardest.

15+ Year Old Account
    i may check it out tbh. I personally, want to relive the zones before Cata. and also Barrens chat :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    yeah stand in the circle or the raid dies is much more thrilling.
    Are you saying that vanilla WoW raid mechanics were "difficult?"

I dislike the notion that Blizzard is going to waste resources on it. They should go to... you know, REAL WoW.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Synstir View Post
    I am just wondering what the players will do after reaching 60 and finishing all dungeons and raids?
    i mean it is not like there would be an expansion, right?
    This is exactly what I'm talking about. They don't seem to grasp that a static 'Classic' server is going to have a limited amount of content with no chance of anything new ever being added.

Who in their right mind is going to spend any kind of time or energy on something like that?

The RnG in classic was worst. instead of WF/TF you just have items on 1% drop chances, so in the end if it took you 50-100 runs to get a titanforged roll, it'll still potentially take you 50-100 runs to see a 1% drop epic.

the rng was worst because the loot mechanics were worst, most groups were packing at least 1 ninja, someone who'll just need on everything regardless. and masterlooter just slows the whole thing down too much. so you had two choices, ML > make the run take twice as long or group loot and pray no mages roll on strength gear or rogue daggers.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Lol this thread
    "Wooooow wtf!!!!!"
    Yeah, pretty much. We're getting a whole new expansion and people are tripping balls over a 15 year old obsolete model of a lesser version of that game.

It's like getting OMFG excited over Madden NFL 1999.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Lol this thread
    "Wooooow wtf!!!!!"
    Yes, this forum has a terrible understanding of what it calls nostalgia. Unfortunately it suffers from reverse nostalgia:

"The past was always bad, change is always good!"

Deleted
    Why do you care? You guys always said: If Blizzard thinks it would make them money, they'd do it.
    Guess what they are doing it. I expect Blizz to do their homework aka researching the market etc. I would think its not nostalgia or whatever you wanna call it.
    Stop being butthurt and be happy for us.

Oh and btw did you check the number of clicks on both announcement trailers? They are equal. Did you check reddit? The Classic post has 10 times the upvotes of the new expansion. So lets stop acting as if classic was for a small vocal minority.

Deleted
    Feels like I'm swimming in the dead sea, and I'm loving it Parapapapa

7+ Year Old Account
    Some games have immense replayability. Mario Maker is a good example of vast amounts of replayability.

WoW is not one of those things.
    Opinions, clearly, differ.

Deleted
    When you killed a boss in MC and 2 items of what was dropped was Shaman loot. Great! Except im alliance and we cant have Shamans

and before people get mad, its a joke.
    Last edited by mmoc41d0333bdc; 2017-11-04 at 08:59 AM.

Definitely should try it so you know for sure which side of the coin you should be on: those who think Vanilla is super awesome, or those who think it was a terrible game. But if you're looking for something that is not endless farming, I think you're going to be in for a mega shock. You couldn't even level to max without some mindless and endless farming of mobs in max level zones. And the reagents for raiding...you haven't known endless farming until you try that. RNG today is a godsend compared to playing with 40 people in a raid and a boss only drops 2 pieces of loot too.

Try it for sure though, I think anyone who never got a chance to should at least see what it was like, and you may love it, but don't be shocked at how little there is to do. I think you will find a new appreciation for the live game afterwards. I think a lot of newer players will once they try vanilla.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, pretty much. We're getting a whole new expansion and people are tripping balls over a 15 year old obsolete model of a lesser version of that game.

It's like getting OMFG excited over Madden NFL 1999.
    Or it's like getting excited for a rerelease of one of the best games ever made.