Poll: Battle for Azeroth seems to be a "filler expansion"!

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Razorice View Post
    Funny thing is: Didn't our Factions learn anything from Pandaria?
    Didn't our hatred for eachother release the Sha?

I mean Blizzard is basically saying "Fuck it, Fuck what we learned from our actions, let's go berserk at each other"
    The Sha are defeated and gone so why should we care?

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Massive things? Tell me please, I must have missed them yesterday.
    There's a summary on MMO-C. Have fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know if I'd call it filler exactly, but does feel kinda weak...probably because they have to divert resources to get classic servers up.

Most definitely not a filler, it's a world at war, the Eastern Kingdoms vs Kalimdor, hopefully not just contained on those two little islands.

eh. Sort of feels like the approach they took with the start of MoP, you weren't clued in as to what the main threat there was either till later in the expansion.

Content seems thinner than Legion from the outset, but we'll see what happens.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by izayoi80 View Post
    It's definitely a filler expansion. Not to mention one that doesn't make much sense. You've banded together to destroy a threat to the universe, but as soon as it's dealt with, people are like... fuck it, let's go at it again for old time's sake.
    youve banded together sure, but both side betrayed the other, plus the story line w/ genn and sylvanis in stormhein and the war-chief dieing as well as the horde letting wrynn die

the expansion makes sense, you just have to pay attention to the state of affairs in WoW to understand that.

We just defeated the legion, the fucking legion. I think it is fine that we are dialing it back for a patch or two and focus on the smaller things instead of another god like threat coming to destroy us.

Ya, the expansion looks boring. Plus, they doubled down on all the crap no one liked from legion. AP (Azerite), Titanforging is returning. Artifact gear of sorts. I will not be purchasing and will be playing the classic servers when they release.

Quote Originally Posted by raveger View Post
    youve banded together sure, but both side betrayed the other, plus the story line w/ genn and sylvanis in stormhein and the war-chief dieing as well as the horde letting wrynn die

the expansion makes sense, you just have to pay attention to the state of affairs in WoW to understand that.
    Did you even play the game? The Horde did not let Wyrnn die. If you have not, you should go watch the horde cinematics.

Deleted
    Filler or not, i kind of a like that theme, i feel comfy on azeroth and i have nothing against it if we have a faction war expansion, i like the squish, wish they would bring WQ into older zones aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    It's the WoW swansong.
    I am amazed by people who unironically say this every expansion.

But I'm sure it is this time...really...for sure

Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    In case you didn't notice, there are massive things being done to the game. How you managed to ignore all of that to declare it a "filler expansion" is beyond me.
    That's why it's filler. Same with Cata and the world revamp, or WoD and the giving up on it to develop Legion instead.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

10+ Year Old Account
    For fuck's sake it has only just been announced 22 hours ago. We know so little about it yet and no one has really experienced it.

Quote Originally Posted by miffy23 View Post
    It's not filler since it's clearly leading to the next step in the story which is Azshara (already confirmed) and N'zoth (implied), and consequently the Void.
    The faction war is just the tagline they picked, the "hook" for this expansion (odd choice) and will not lead anywhere really except to make some factionistas salty.
    I would argue that since all it serves is to set up the next xpac, it's a filler. There's really nothing over arching that makes this stand on it's own. It feels more like "fight the other side for a bit and we'll see what happens down the road".

Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    I would argue that since all it serves is to set up the next xpac, it's a filler. There's really nothing over arching that makes this stand on it's own. It feels more like "fight the other side for a bit and we'll see what happens down the road".
    So if a story has two chapters, you consider chapter 1 to be filler?

Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    There's a summary on MMO-C. Have fun.
    There are 0 features I am looking forward to. There's nothing like artifact weapons or a new class, Order Halls or something like that. Maybe, maybe Island Expeditions but I'm not sure about the RNG here. All of the rest is pretty meh.

You are speaking about "massive things" when there's actually nothing massive coming with the expansion.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    For fuck's sake it has only just been announced 22 hours ago. We know so little about it yet and no one has really experienced it.
    Most (or actually every) expansion let me know exactly what the expac was about by the time the opening announcement was done. This one feels like the story is, "there's no big baddie, so we are back to hating each other. Level up, then you can do world quests and some scenarios". That's all I got from the intro.

Quote Originally Posted by Redcrow View Post
    So if a story has two chapters, you consider chapter 1 to be filler?
    You don't need an entire expansion to set up another expansion. TBC, WotLK, Cataclysm and MoP worked quite well on their own without having an entire expansion building up to them.

And BfA right now just feels like "filler" to me (maybe because Blizzcon gave us nearly no in depth information about it), as I mentioned earlier maybe it's becoming a MoP but I am not sure about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    You don't need an entire expansion to set up another expansion. TBC, WotLK, Cataclysm and MoP worked quite well on their own without having an entire expansion building up to them.

And BfA right now just feels like "filler" to me (maybe because Blizzcon gave us nearly no in depth information about it), as I mentioned earlier maybe it's becoming a MoP but I am not sure about that.
    Honestly it seems exactly like a MOP to me which was on of your "good" examples.

MOP & WOD were fillers too.

Without fillers, the main story would've ended a long time ago already.

Quote Originally Posted by Redcrow View Post
    Honestly it seems exactly like a MOP to me which was on of your "good" examples.
    As I said, if it's becoming MoP 2.0 I am VERY pleased about it because MoP was great. My only issue then are the very sparse features coming in BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    MOP & WOD were fillers too.

Without fillers, the main story would've ended a long time ago already.
    MoP was no filler expansion, it extended the "actual" World of Warcraft and wasn't a made up story in an alternate universe.