Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Why would the alliance being the aggressor bad for the game anyway? I mean, it doesn't have to end with Genn going full Garrosh, because that would be a stupid story arc.

But Legion already showed that he holds a huge grudge against the Horde and Sylvi especially, ignoring the orders of his King and losing a major military asset in addition to many soldiers just because of his need for vengeance. So why would it be so "out of character" that he (and maybe Jaina) convinces Anduin that going after the Horde is a good thing now that the Legion is no more? Both Jaina and Genn have reasons for revenge on the Horde, and Anduin is still young and stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by CreatureLives View Post
    And Alliance and Horde were able to put that past them until Sylvanas and Garrosh fucked that all up.
    You say that and yet Theramore Mariners fucking around in Durotar since 2004
    Lets not even talk about WHY blood elves chose to join Horde in 2007 over the Alliance not even considering Garrithos in the matter

Sylvanas fan boys are out in force in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyattbw09 View Post
    So are alliance fangirls, your point?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubbl3 View Post
    Sure buddy. Give me the timestamp.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsZ9xkVQ_Vs&t=18s

Why would the alliance being the aggressor bad for the game anyway? I mean, it doesn't have to end with Genn going full Garrosh, because that would be a stupid story arc.

But Legion already showed that he holds a huge grudge against the Horde and Sylvi especially, ignoring the orders of his King and losing a major military asset in addition to many soldiers just because of his need for vengeance. So why would it be so "out of character" that he (and maybe Jaina) convinces Anduin that going after the Horde is a good thing now that the Legion is no more? Both Jaina and Genn have reasons for revenge on the Horde, and Anduin is still young and stupid.
    hes very fuckign stupid and now he likely has Veressa and Alleria howling after him while Turalyons gives the urge too since the Elven pussy said so and MAI KING

This is going to be heavily connected with the SLOWLY long drawn out Windrunner Reuinion. just wait. it goes bad. we know this at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    Doesn't say "they started the fire". Case dismissed. Also Jaina is a very unreliable narrator.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyattbw09 View Post
    Soo are the Self rightious people who think the generic armor human nation are the Good Guys just because the other faction are Undead and Orcs.

I'll spell it out again.

The Alliances biggest problem with the Horde. is that the Alliance are a bunch of fucking bigots. The Sin'Dorei know this intimately

Deleted
    Doesn't say "they started the fire". Case dismissed. Also Jaina is a very unreliable narrator.
    You got the source, everyone else can put 2 and 2 together.

Not a source, don't be stupid. Also Blizz said that the timeline is not known to us yet. Can you put 2 and 2 together or are you just wishful thinking?

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Fist View Post
    Horde fanboys are so terrible with lore... Go read the 'Before the Storm' prologue. Sylvanas starts this by mobilizing for War immediately after Sargeras is dealt with, getting ready to march on Stormwind. If anything, I'm worried about her being Garrosh 2.0
    Because first few pages is an entire book now.

That's exactly what Horde fanboys think. They are always justified to be aggressive and start stuff. The Alliance is always on the defense, yet are somehow that bad guys who start it in their mind. It's like talking politics with people who don't even know who the Vice President of the US is...
    And yet it's Varian who declared the previous war.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    So you're assuming Anduin attacks the Undercity before Sylvanas burns teldrassil? See? It cuts both ways.
    Where did @Hubbl3 make definite statements one way or another?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

the alliance put 2 and 2 together when a couple of orc (who cosplayed as horde soldiers) who were with the twilights hammer cult attacked a druid meeting in ashenvale just before cata and we know how that ended

Quote Originally Posted by Daevelian View Post
    Just playing devils advocate here, but a large number of people do not live in america or care about who your vice president is, that should not stop them discussing politics.

Still, you have a point regarding the horde always starting stuff then playing the victim card.
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Alliance-Horde_war Apparently even getting 3 lines in on the basic wiki page on the topic is beyond you.

Quote Originally Posted by Magical Mudcrab View Post
    You're right, she just started a war with Gil'neas and attempted to kill Genn in order to destabilize a force that did not want the conflict in the first place. How dare someone criticize Sylvanas or suggest she may be evil, even though the actions of the Royal Apothecary Society and its human experimentation were sanctioned by her, liberal use of chemical warefare following the Wrathgate incident was sanctioned by her, and she actively consorted with Helya, the details of which are yet to be known. We should never have questioned her, she is a beacon of virtue.
    Yes, because @mariovsgoku said all of that. What is with you people triggered by Sylvanas and your obsession with straw? Also, Sylvanas wasn't even in Gilneas when Garrosh started the war.

Quote Originally Posted by Magical Mudcrab View Post
    "It's not Mannoroth's fault, Archimonde just wanted the power of the World Tree."
    How is that a good analogy for anything here? And how would that make Sylvanas the one who started the war?

He was an isolationist who was unaligned with a massive wall between his kingdom and the rest of the world. Then Sylvanas attacked unprovoked, which also killed his son. Any logical person would say he is justified, like Jaina was and is. You can debate whether it is them going berserk, but you can't debate their reactions are justified.
    *Hurrdurrs about Horde players being terrible with lore* *Argues against Word of God that stated Garrosh attacked Gilneas and forced Sylvanas to comply, as well as the short story that shows Sylvanas wasn't even around when the war began*
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Lets look at Cataclysm though. how many zones are Wars with Forsaken fighting off Worgen , Human, and Dwarf armies crawling up every inch of her territory?
    The horde drew first blood in cataclysm, the attack on Gilneas was entirely unprovoked... So it doesn't matter how many zones are wars against the forsaken, the horde started that one... That being said I don't blame Sylvanas for starting that war, that was Garrosh... I do however blame Sylvanas for how she conducted herself during that war, AKA the use of the plague, against civilians

STAY OUT

LEAVE US ALONE
    We would have, if the horde didn't launch an unprovoked and entirely unwarranted attack on their formerly peaceful neighbor, Gilneas. Karma or not, the attack was unjustifiable.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    The horde drew first blood in cataclysm, the attack on Gilneas was entirely unprovoked... So it doesn't matter how many zones are wars against the forsaken, the horde started that one... That being said I don't blame Sylvanas for starting that war, that was Garrosh... I do however blame Sylvanas for how she conducted herself during that war, AKA the use of the plague, against civilians

We would have, if the horde didn't launch an unprovoked and entirely unwarranted attack on their formerly peaceful neighbor, Gilneas. Karma or not, the attack was unjustifiable.
    The Worgen curse had been ravaging forsaken lands for years. Why would they not put the dogs down.

- - - Updated - - -

cant draw first blood in a faction conflict when Gilneans aren't Alliance

Fact is Alliance are shvoing the human and dwarven armies stright up forsaken lands every chance they get and are constant instigators of conflict.

[QUOTE=Schattenlied;47875026]The horde drew first blood in cataclysm, the attack on Gilneas was entirely unprovoked... So it doesn't matter how many zones are wars against the forsaken, the horde started that one... That being said I don't blame Sylvanas for starting that war, that was Garrosh... I do however blame Sylvanas for how she conducted herself during that war, AKA the use of the plague, against civilians

On wowpedia its staded that Varian started the war after the wrathgate fiasco and that was mid wrath, so technicly the alliance started that one

"After years of cold war, with conflict being restrained to skirmishes in places like Alterac Valley and Warsong Gulch, King Varian Wrynn proclaimed open war against the Horde following the Battle of Angrathar the Wrathgate, a challenge in which the newly crowned Warchief Garrosh Hellscream gladly engaged in. The new war between the two superpowers raged across the Cataclysm and Pandaria Campaigns."

Quote Originally Posted by Graden View Post
    Yeah I heard it too. Not sure what they meant with it though, I mean why would they spoil Genn's death so soon and in such a way? Remains to be seen.
    We talked about it on lore forum already, but I got another idea. What if it's Tess? It could be a misdirection that makes people think of Genn first, while in reality it could be him losing his other child and something that threw him and his people into a frenzy. Could be even baked into the escalation of conflict in general.

On wowpedia its staded that Varian started the war after the wrathgate fiasco and that was mid wrath, so technicly the alliance started that one

"After years of cold war, with conflict being restrained to skirmishes in places like Alterac Valley and Warsong Gulch, King Varian Wrynn proclaimed open war against the Horde following the Battle of Angrathar the Wrathgate, a challenge in which the newly crowned Warchief Garrosh Hellscream gladly engaged in. The new war between the two superpowers raged across the Cataclysm and Pandaria Campaigns."

Quote Originally Posted by blackxero View Post
    From the cinematic, Its pretty evident that Greymane is somehow behind all the madness as Anduin seems reluctant or in other words influenced at the start.
    So what you guys think whether Greymane is gonna be Garrosh 2.0?
    What cinematic did you watch...Greymane was very silent and calm for his doing....
    If you look at Stormheim intro and end quest...then yeah he is going Full garrosh...and you never go FULL garrosh :P:P

But we know 2 little. It all depends on who started this conflict etc. There is also talk about Gilneas being under attack again and tedrassil being 1 gaint lit matchstick. So it all depends on what happened first. Did Undercity happen first then yeah....you are right...but if they set darnassus in flame's and attack gilneas first..then Windrunner is going full emo...

Context means everything in this case.

Quote Originally Posted by baskev View Post
    What cinematic did you watch...Greymane was very silent and calm for his doing....
    If you look at Stormheim intro and end quest...then yeah he is going Full garrosh...and you never go FULL garrosh :P:P

But we know 2 little. It all depends on who started this conflict etc. There is also talk about Gilneas being under attack again and tedrassil being 1 gaint lit matchstick. So it all depends on what happened first. Did Undercity happen first then yeah....you are right...but if they set darnassus in flame's and attack gilneas first..then Windrunner is going full emo...

Context means everything in this case.
    or was Teldrassil even a Horde attack?