Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aflakk47 View Post
    Catering to an extremely vocal minority
    cute you lil wanker, now fuck off.
    if you dont care, dont play. simple as that.
    n1 cares what you think, not even your mum.

b2t: nice3 addition, lets see how it turns out.

10+ Year Old Account
    because they lost their server side data

then someone reminded them how private server owners have some server side data from hacks and their server side data exists on donated server blades
    -Proffesional Necromancer-

7+ Year Old Account
    to get all that drama guys and get their money rofl...

Nostalrius had at least 1M players. Assuming that amount of players plays an official Vanilla server, that's $13-20M a month they're making from subs, also assuming you need a sub to play.

The problem though is how do they plan to keep retention time on it? My idea would be a D3 Seasons like idea and also asking the community if they want any QoL features added, such as AoE Looting, Transmog, etc.

The ABSOLUTE WORST things they can do at this point is put out WoW 1.0, not connect it to your account (meaning you can't unlock removed mounts/transmog/etc), not put any new features in (like AoE looting, etc), not have a Seasons-style reset every so often, not connect w/ the community at all. It simply won't last long.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Mushkins View Post
    Yeah, but this has been requested pretty much since BC. Why now?
    Well, you're obviously trying to stir shit, but they're doing it now because they now know that they're able do it the right way and uphold their own quality control standards for it.

Whoever thinks that Vanilla WoW is needed for some wondrous subscription renaissance is completely detached from reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Honestly money and bleeding subs
    haHAA WoW is dying haHAA Only Classic will save it haHAA

/s
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

As a attempt to boost subs. Legion was not the homerun they wanted after WOD and it seems like they know BfA is going to be WOD 2.0 but worse

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sastank View Post

/s
    It has been dying for a while now. Its getting worse.
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    Point I am making is the old gear design goes completely against the modern philosophy they have. You;re nitpicking on something that isn't even an issue, Most likely, Blizz will keep same stat setup we have now (no hit or defence) and alter some of the gear set up accordingly. Would be the easiet way to halt a lot of issues down the line at the pass, and make gear a viable upgrade for people in a raid, rather than having to min/max stats.
    Blizz have stated repeatedly now they want someone when an item drops to gear it there and then with minimal fuss. No checking if it is an upgrade on loot tables, and seeing if it is optimal for a spec that isn't being pushed as that class flavour spec.
    Blizz isn;t going to change their whole modern design philosophy to pander to some diehards, they want as many people to experience it as close to the original as they can hence why the dev used the term "authentic experience". This is not equal to the exact same thing, but as close as they can get, the dev in the interview even said doing the original thing on modern architecture is nigh on impossible bu they might have found a workaround, in other words, they most likely will use modern set up for graphics, gearing system and such, and use the old maps and quest tables, and remove the cross realm social benefits.
    Or do you think people won't cause issues if half the convenicnes we have now aren't available? Of course they will, o it stands to reason Blizz will try and prevent this whilst recreating it as best they can. Think of it as a homage, rather than the original resurrected as is.
    You DO realize that would just push people to private servers and possibly hurt them pretty badly long term yes? It woukd show such a lack of respect for players and what their fans are looking for and when a third party group can set it up the way many fans want but bkizz with their billions cannot. That is just mind numbingly high levels of stupid and bad results.

It was the old design philosophy many of us want just a dumb move to do what you think they eill

They couldn't do classic wow with the old tech, but they have figured out how to use new tech for classic.

10+ Year Old Account

/s
    You do know wows on the decline yes? This won't save it but it WILL help it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elven Athena View Post
    No one will pay money for classic wow when they can play it on a private server. Blizzard needs to offer something unique in classic wow, like all the new models and graphical updates but the same gameplay as the original to make it something new and worth the money.
    ....Actuallly just by their running it they offer something unique..security your character will not randomly be deleted due to seever shutdown

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Nostalrius had at least 1M players. Assuming that amount of players plays an official Vanilla server, that's $13-20M a month they're making from subs, also assuming you need a sub to play.
    No one was paying on Nost. The difference between paid and free is huge.

Quote Originally Posted by Reffan View Post
    I just deleted my 1.12.1 client today. I think many people will do the same when official classic servers will be released, especially if servers like Light's Hope end their existance as they promised.
    Yup, deleted my private server installations too. Only thing keeping me playing private servers was there wasn't an official option. Good job recognizing what your players want Blizz.

It's a much easier way for them to combat private servers too.

Because they can make millions off of it and it is something a lot of players like. Plus I am sure its a headache watching your product being stolen and brought up without your permission. And watching those in control of it corrupt the absolute fuck out of it.

Blizzard has proven itself to be about the players, not the money. Sure the money is obviously a priority, but legit player satisfaction appears to be their main route. The recent fiasco with the corrupt GM's on one of those private servers I am sure left a horrible opinion to Blizzard on them. If they create their own Classic/Vanilla server the masses will likely go to them instead. Ensuring customer protection while enjoying THEIR product.

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    As a attempt to boost subs. Legion was not the homerun they wanted after WOD and it seems like they know BfA is going to be WOD 2.0 but worse

- - - Updated - - -

It has been dying for a while now. Its getting worse.
    Uh huh. Must be nice to own a dying game with over 10 million subs though. Lol. Silly doomsayers in WoW still smh.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    You do know wows on the decline yes? This won't save it but it WILL help it
    Ya WoW is on the decline at the end of an expansion/lull in content like it is for literally every xpac,down time? Wowee news worthy.
    Retired boomer.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's because they actually listened to their audience and because there are a lot of old-school players at Blizzard HQ that are on-board with doing it and making it happen.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Uh huh. Must be nice to own a dying game with over 10 million subs though. Lol. Silly doomsayers in WoW still smh.

- - - Updated - - -

Ya WoW is on the decline at the end of an expansion/lull in content like it is for literally every xpac,down time? Wowee news worthy.
    Wo does not have over 10 million subs. It has not had anywhere near that since the first month of WOD. IT shed well over half that number in just a few months. If you actually believe WOW has 10 million subs right now, you need your head checked

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sarym13 View Post
    Because they can make millions off of it and it is something a lot of players like. Plus I am sure its a headache watching your product being stolen and brought up without your permission. And watching those in control of it corrupt the absolute fuck out of it.

Blizzard has proven itself to be about the players, not the money. Sure the money is obviously a priority, but legit player satisfaction appears to be their main route. The recent fiasco with the corrupt GM's on one of those private servers I am sure left a horrible opinion to Blizzard on them. If they create their own Classic/Vanilla server the masses will likely go to them instead. Ensuring customer protection while enjoying THEIR product.
    Blizzard has been all about the money, not the players Since they became Activison/Blizzard . Blizzard stopped being "games made by gamers for Gamers" a long while ago
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    Wo does not have over 10 million subs. It has not had anywhere near that since the first month of WOD. IT shed well over half that number in just a few months. If you actually believe WOW has 10 million subs right now, you need your head checked
    https://www.polygon.com/2016/10/4/13...ers-10-million

Hm can't back up your claims either since, you know, they don't release sub #s anymore. They lost a lot at the end of WoD, and gained them right back during Legion launch. Like every xpac. Sorry you don't understand the roller coaster ride of subs every year, but I understand it since you're still relatively new to the game.

You try bashing Activision Blizzard for literally being a business, and caring about money, you need your head checked

Game is dying. Game is terrible. Yet they sell millions of copies every release and maintain millions of subs. :thinking: No logic at all.

Yes, they care about making money, they are a business. And a very successful mulit-BILLION dollar company.

I'm going to block you so you can take a minute to do some research, or hell, click the link I provided about the most recent info we have about subs.

Take a breather and understand Blizzard will continue to make games people play, and pay to play. Your OPINION of their numbers does NOT change facts and dollars.
    Retired boomer.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.polygon.com/2016/10/4/13...ers-10-million

Hm can't back up your claims either since, you know, they don't release sub #s anymore. They lost a lot at the end of WoD, and gained them right back during Legion launch. Like every xpac. Sorry you don't understand the roller coaster ride of subs every year, but I understand it since you're still relatively new to the game.

You try bashing Activision Blizzard for literally being a business, and caring about money, you need your head checked

Game is dying. Game is terrible. Yet they sell millions of copies every release and maintain millions of subs. :thinking: No logic at all.

Yes, they care about making money, they are a business. And a very successful mulit-BILLION dollar company.

I'm going to block you so you can take a minute to do some research, or hell, click the link I provided about the most recent info we have about subs.

Take a breather and understand Blizzard will continue to make games people play, and pay to play. Your OPINION of their numbers does NOT change facts and dollars.
    Om roller coasters happen true

But this is a roller coaster with smaller hills and deeper plunges. Before it was bigger hills and smaller plunges neaning more stable.

In short the playerbase is shrinking overall just not all at once.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Razorice View Post
    Probably to combat private servers.
    Don't think it's because of popularity. Vanilla was what? 13 years ago?
    Most people that played Vanilla in their teens and grown ass men now that most likely have families, jobs and responsibilities.
    No way in hell Vanilla servers will be popular 1-2 years AFTER their release because Vanilla is just one big grind and if you want to progress through it, say goodbye to your real life
    Grown up people don't care if they progress slowly if it's fun, it's mostly the kids who cba. I'm just fine playing 1 hour/day for the nostalgia and I don't care if someone else spends 10 hours a day and gets better gear.

Also they won't need THAT much players for it to be profitable. If they don't plan to run any updates for it, it's kinda cheap to manage the servers.. And they are all about profit.