Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    The real question is - what will happen if they lose sunwell ?
    Isnt that convenient we just picked up some allies with access to a Nightwell.... what a coincidence...

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    Isnt that convenient we just picked up some allies with access to a Nightwell.... what a coincidence...
    The Nightwell is gone, though; it was destroyed at the close of the Nighthold raid.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    The Nightwell is gone, though; it was destroyed at the close of the Nighthold raid.
    They did get rid of the nightwell but got another source of magic so they don't wither with the Suramar questline.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Holywraths View Post
    They did get rid of the nightwell but got another source of magic so they don't wither with the Suramar questline.
    They have the Arcan'dor Tree and its fruit, which cures them of their dependence on the Nightwell's essence. I don't think the Arcan'dor itself is an energy source, at least not in the same way the Sunwell, Nightwell, or Well of Eternity before them was.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Darnassus and Undercity are destroyed. Exodar and Quel'Thalas are okay but cut off from their allies. It was explained somewhere during BlizzCon b/c I remember reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    Darnassus and Undercity are destroyed. Exodar and Quel'Thalas are okay but cut off from their allies. It was explained somewhere during BlizzCon b/c I remember reading it.
    While giving the presentation of Warfronts during the gameplay and system changes panel, the presenter spoke about how despite having taken over Lordaeron, but it not being safe just yet, especially with Silvermoon one "loading screen" away. It might've been Ion even during the Deep Dive What's Next panel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Gotta eat some fruits then. Fruit salad - yummy yummy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Yeah while Horde Dominated their Navy with Dragons.
    No they didn't, it was clear in Tides of Darkness that dragons can't fly for long in open sea water, so they only attack near shore then return, and that still doesn't change that the horde didn't have strong ships to make a barricade to isolate Quel'thalas from any naval source, heck Proudmoore canons were very effective against them
    Heck trapping them by land only was almost enough to beat it too, if not for the impatience of Ogrim for very good reason (leave Lordearon time and they will build fortifications to wipe out the horde)
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Diannak View Post
    fucking hell, night elves can't get a fucking break can't they?
    In 6 years...

- Daaad, what is Battle of Azeroth?
    - It's when humans, night elves, draenei and their allies fought a great war with the Horde.
    - Dad, what is night elves?

from what I heard the blood elfs are cut off at the north in their city for the start, no reason to think they will fall quickly or at all, it could be the stronghold that the horde use to slowly take over all the rest from and crush your puny alliance once and for all ! >_>

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    No they didn't, it was clear in Tides of Darkness that dragons can't fly for long in open sea water, so they only attack near shore then return, and that still doesn't change that the horde didn't have strong ships to make a barricade to isolate Quel'thalas from any naval source, heck Proudmoore canons were very effective against them
    Heck trapping them by land only was almost enough to beat it too, if not for the impatience of Ogrim for very good reason (leave Lordearon time and they will build fortifications to wipe out the horde)
    If the Horde has used its full might the 2nd war would of been a wash considering half the clans were in Draenor.

Quote Originally Posted by Nize View Post
    While giving the presentation of Warfronts during the gameplay and system changes panel, the presenter spoke about how despite having taken over Lordaeron, but it not being safe just yet, especially with Silvermoon one "loading screen" away. It might've been Ion even during the Deep Dive What's Next panel.

Exactly, there isnt a full East vs West yet at all, no idea how peeps came to this conclusion when this above was said in the panel itself...

Quote Originally Posted by Jin View Post
    Exactly, there isnt a full East vs West yet at all, no idea how peeps came to this conclusion when this above was said in the panel itself...
    pffft Horde hold sea surpremacy anyhow having the Broken Isles AND Zandalar firmly as Horde territory

They have the Arcan'dor Tree and its fruit, which cures them of their dependence on the Nightwell's essence. I don't think the Arcan'dor itself is an energy source, at least not in the same way the Sunwell, Nightwell, or Well of Eternity before them was.
    Ok saying a source of magic was a mistake on my part. But yeah nothing can really replace the nightwell in terms of magic power.

Quote Originally Posted by delus View Post
    "Many have sought to harness the corruptive magic of the Void. Most who tried have fallen into madness. Determined to use this power for the good of Azeroth, Alleria Windrunner is the first mortal to succeed at defying the shadow's whispers. Coming to the aid of a group of her kin who nearly gave in to the darkness, Alleria has vowed to train these Void Elves to control the shadows within them and pledge their newfound powers to the Alliance."
    We know The blood elves are going to lose Quel'thalas and the Eastern kingdoms will belong to the Alliance. So from the description it seems that Quel'thalas will come under void corruption, Blood Elves will be forced to abandon it and Alleria will come to the rescue of her kin who were left behind. Does this sound likely? Something big is about to happen.
    I was panicking a bit myself, but I don't think the Horde will lose Silvermoon. We might not even loose Undercity.

It is clear that there will be a massive shakeup of some sort as it looks like there will be a massive expansion in influence byt he respective sides but we don't know (for sure) if any capitals will be lost,

Frankly - I'll glad that Quel'thalas looks safe....but I don't really care about Undercity. I never liked that place. The new gothic style of architecture would be far better and eye catching.

I do feel a bit sad that Teldrassil is/maybe going....sure. it's Alliance but it's also one of the more unique capitals in the game. But for me, the good is Silvermoon appears safe. At worst, the Alliance seem to be moving to cut it off.

So far the blood elf and draenei starting areas seem to be untouched in the new conflict.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromedes View Post
    Welcome to the Alliance, faction of compromises and unfulfilled desires. Want Vrykul? Here is compromise in form of kul tiran half giants we never heard of. Wanna High elves? Here is compromise in form of void elves we never heard of. Wanna broken draenei? awww fuck it
    About ganking ("world pvp") being dead now
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    Maybe you could wear a mask and push over little kids while they walk home from school instead?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    In 6 years...

- Daaad, what is Battle of Azeroth?
    - It's when humans, night elves, draenei and their allies fought a great war with the Horde.
    - Dad, what is night elves?
    i loled x'DDDD

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rpdrichard View Post
    So far the blood elf and draenei starting areas seem to be untouched in the new conflict.
    the draenei and blood elves had enough shit happening to them from arthas and the legion, losing their capital may bring them to extinction if you ask me

Quote Originally Posted by Elven Athena View Post
    The real question is what is gained by holding a plague filled pit that literally smell's like death's asshole
    The advantage of holding a plague filled pit is that you are holding a plague filled pit and not someone who can bottle that stuff and throw it at your face.

10+ Year Old Account
    While there is no confirmation...I would assume Horde takes the Draenei Isles and Alliance will take Quel'thalas...I mean honestly if it doesn't go that way then the Draenei and Blood Elves would be practically cut off from allies.

Maybe the Draenei can fly away in the Exodar but the Blood Elves don't have a ship, maybe they can pull a Suramar and use the Sunwell and shield it...but while they would be safe just like Suramar I imagine they'd be cut off from the outside world, and the Horde cut off from their considerable magical skills.

10+ Year Old Account
    They just answered this, low level characters will see the original versions of the world while above 110 will see the besieged versions. And since nobody bothers with either of those areas after .... lvl 10? I don't think it will cause an issue, lol..
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.