Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Well, she better be a poor aim then or that's going to be a short reign.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Some watery tart lobs a sword at whoever is destined to be the next leader
    How about drinking constest at mudmug's ? Last man standing gets leadership.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    They didn't retcon him. He was from a book which was always 'take it or leave it' when it came to canonocity. Blizz just eventually came out and said to leave it when considering lore. Kinda like Star Wars Legends. Enjoy the story but remember it's not canon.
    The RPG was stated to be official canon by Blizzard and meant to be a contiguous experience with the video games. Until they were decanonized.

I mean Jaina is a mage, a really good one too, so she could pop back and forth between Kul Tiras and wherever we are any time she wants. She could easily still be ruling it and doing whatever with everyone else. That's how I look at it anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Is that really a basis for a system of government?
    If he can survive having sword lobbed at him, he gets my vote.

Deleted
    Someone. Really, literally someone, it could even be a ogre pirate haven by now.

- - - Updated - - -

They didn't retcon him. He was from a book which was always 'take it or leave it' when it came to canonocity. Blizz just eventually came out and said to leave it when considering lore. Kinda like Star Wars Legends. Enjoy the story but remember it's not canon.
    No. The novels were and still are official lore. The RPG books are the one that aren't cannon:

"Q: Are the Warcraft and World of Warcraft RPG books considered canon?

A: No. The RPG books were created to provide an engaging table-top role-playing experience, which sometimes required diverging from the established video game canon. Blizzard helped generate a great deal of the content within the RPG books, so there will be times when ideas from the RPG will make their way into the game and official lore, but you are much better off considering the RPG books non-canonical unless otherwise stated.
    "

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    If he can survive having sword lobbed at him, he gets my vote.
    But the leader is chosen as the sword is being lobbed!

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    But the leader is chosen as the sword is being lobbed!
    If he doesn't survive, he's not going to be leader very long.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    The RPG was stated to be official canon by Blizzard and meant to be a contiguous experience with the video games. Until they were decanonized.
    Source? Cause my believe was the opposite. Enjoy the stories but don't try to inject them as arguments about canon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Someone. Really, literally someone, it could even be a ogre pirate haven by now.

- - - Updated - - -

No. The novels were and still are official lore. The RPG books are the one that aren't cannon:

"Q: Are the Warcraft and World of Warcraft RPG books considered canon?

A: No. The RPG books were created to provide an engaging table-top role-playing experience, which sometimes required diverging from the established video game canon. Blizzard helped generate a great deal of the content within the RPG books, so there will be times when ideas from the RPG will make their way into the game and official lore, but you are much better off considering the RPG books non-canonical unless otherwise stated.
    "
    I thought he was from one of the RPG books.

I just hope that in the next xpac the player character won't be the ruler.

10+ Year Old Account
    Source? Cause my believe was the opposite.
    Originally Posted by Chris Metzen
    We're taking the process of building a world seriously and it wasn't just churned out. It had a strong sense of continuity. We've always tried to do that with are ancillary products like the D&D line and our novels. We are kind of painstakingly anal, about making sure all the details add up, that continuity is held to be sacred. So that no matter in what medium you are experiencing Warcraft it all feels like a contiguous experience. (WoW BtS DVD)
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Many people seems to think the RPG book are a part of warcraft lore, but those book were written by author that had almost nothing to do with bliz, sure they based their books on warcraft but it still just their point of view on warcraft, it has nothing to do with the lore we see in the game. If its not in W1, W2, W3, WoW or the game manual its just not in warcraft lore. The books like «lord of the clan» can be considered like a small part of warcraft lore since even if its not bliz who written those they had the last word on the publication and they gived to the author the basic scenario. But stop telling us part of the RPG books when you want to argue with someone, thats useless because the warcraft RPG books are not a part of warcraft lore.
    Any piece of literature authorized and licensed by Blizzard Entertainment is in-fact, official. The book series written by Richard A. Knaak in particular is an excellent example of real 'Azerothian' history and lore available outside of our game software. We work closely with authors that help us expand our game universe, and the information should be considered official.

I'm very sorry but your assumptions are not correct. (Source)
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Want to know more about the lore of World of Warcraft? Although the game doesn't require any prior knowledge of Warcraft lore to enjoy, you may appreciate the broader understanding of the setting and characters in the game that you will gain from learning about the lore. Here are some resources that are available:
    RPG - Warcraft Role-Playing Games provide a wealth of information about Warcraft lore. (Source)

Enjoy the stories but don't try to inject them as arguments about canon.
    That is the case since 2011.

Almost every argument used here is based on the fact that Wacraft would be a coherent world with some continuity while we all know that ain"t the case, like, not at all. The real question, the interesting one is, what of Kul'Tiras in the next expansion ? Is it going to be an HuB for the Alliance (if so, we can be sure Jaina will lead it, cause, reasons duh) or is it going to be a new area wich would mean it's almost destroyed our under heavy threat in other words, contested and half in ruin just like Stromguarde.

The important thing is, fuck the logic/lore, the one in charge will be the one useful to some story plot and that's it. And better be cool, like 100% cooler, i'm just quoting Blizzard (with my own words, i admit it, but that remain a fact till now).

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Ruby, the madam of a local brothel was elected as queen of Kul Tiras in 24ADP after Jaina decided to abandon the city to leaderless chaos whilst she plotted to invade Durotar from her island fortress.

Deleted
    It's funny how none of us thought about Jaina's mother.

10+ Year Old Account
    N'Zoth for sure

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roudene View Post
    It's funny how none of us thought about Jaina's mother.
    Has she ever been mentioned, at all, before now? I mean obviously she had a mother, but I don't think it's ever come up that I can tell.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    Has she ever been mentioned, at all, before now? I mean obviously she had a mother, but I don't think it's ever come up that I can tell.
    Her wowpedia page states that she was mentioned twice but not by name. Both times it was in books - Tides of Darkness (Daelin wrote her a letter to inform about son's death) and Arthas: Rise of the Lich King (Jaina's and Arthas' parents discussed their relationship and supposedly planned their marriage)

Her mother was brought up and it is possible that she is ruling Kul Tiras.

It would explain the complete absence of Tirasian military endeavors as we don't know her as a military leader and have just met her.

Deleted
    they said jaina has a sister called katherine proudmoore and she rules now .

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Von Bosch View Post
    they said jaina has a sister called katherine proudmoore and she rules now .
    Yes, when they presented the island on the blizzcon panel, it was a Proudmoore woman who was ruling.