Blizzard on destroying WoW zones and adding time travelling to make them usable

Will the destroyed areas like Teldrassil or Lordaeron be just destroyed areas or will they be re-used as new Undead/Night Elf capitals later? Because making a hub for players and then destroying it and making it an unusable area while adding time traveling in the past for players to use it is a bad idea. Just like how they handled Theramore and Blasted Lands, instead of making them something else like Theramore being a troll place or something it became a useless pile of textures and people had to time travel in the past.

Obviously people don't want to see the same thing happening with Undercity/Darnassus, becoming useless zones. They should just make them bases for the opposite faction so even new players can go there and experience their new home without having to be in different timeline and phases because that makes it really messed up. It would be cool for Teldrassil to be renamed and become an acctual undead kingdom and Lordaeron to have a giant tree and forest grown into it and become the new nelf zone.

I don't expect that the Horde and Alliance will be holding on to the territories they took for the entire expansion.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

10+ Year Old Account
    All I heard was that they'd be in their non-destroyed states until you hit 110, which isn't all that bad, and not the same as it is with Theramore etc where you actually have to talk to someone to see it how it used to be at any level.

It's not as if max level characters often hung out in Undercity anyway, although I must say, losing something as beautiful as Teldrassil still kinda sucks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Constraint View Post
    All I heard was that they'd be in their non-destroyed states until you hit 110, which isn't all that bad, and not the same as it is with Theramore etc where you actually have to talk to someone to see it how it used to be at any level.

It's not as if max level characters often hung out in Undercity anyway, although I must say, losing something as beautiful as Teldrassil still kinda sucks.
    Wait what? I just went and started questing there last week on a level appropriate character and I didn't have to talk to anyone to see it o_O
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

I think that is the point. they want it to HURT, and they want you to blame the opposite faction for it.

Personally, glad to see them making story changes that aren't hindered by the all consuming fear of "being inconvenient" to players.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Izalla View Post
    Wait what? I just went and started questing there last week on a level appropriate character and I didn't have to talk to anyone to see it o_O
    Sorry, I meant Blasted Lands grr. No idea about Theramore.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ccombustable View Post
    I think that is the point. they want it to HURT, and they want you to blame the opposite faction for it.

Personally, glad to see them making story changes that aren't hindered by the all consuming fear of "being inconvenient" to players.
    Mm I know what you mean, I just disagree. These aren't inconvenient to players anyway, it's not as if we were relying on almost completely unused cities in the middle of nowhere for anything in particular.

And I'm Horde. I don't hate the Alliance for having the audacity to attack us in a time of war, I'm mildly peeved at Blizzard for destroying one of the more lovely places in the game.

And I'm Horde. I don't hate the Alliance for having the audacity to attack us in a time of war, I'm mildly peeved at Blizzard for destroying one of the more lovely places in the game.
    Just wait until expansion 9 launches with "New Undercity" and "New Teldrassil"
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

It's just contrived bullshit to try to make you feel mad at the opposite faction despite the fact that factions have been completely irrelevant for ten years.

The destroyed zones are phased, nothing happens to them until you're level 110 going through new expansion content. And they're adding the ability to go back to the original cities as well via caverns of time.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    The destroyed zones are phased, nothing happens to them until you're level 110 going through new expansion content. And they're adding the ability to go back to the original cities as well via caverns of time.
    The majority of the playerbase are already 110, thats when the real game starts, they basically ruined the zones and the phasing and time traveling was never a good idea because it makes things really messy and complicated

I think there is a secondary benefit to coming out with WoW Classic. Now they can make drastic changes and advance the story because there will always be that old version there to play. Before, it seemed like they had their hands tied: especially after the reaction to Cataclysm.