Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    Fuck yeah!!! Ransath showed up. The entertainment value of this thread just skyrocketed.
    This thread went from being a thriller to a comedy/horror movie. Time for some popcorn!

10+ Year Old Account
    This is the same Flynn who followed Russian social media posts known to be false and retweeted them anyhow, while working in the Trump campaign.

This is the same Flynn who discussed sanctions with Russian officials, while part of the Trump campaign, then lied about it.

This is the same Flynn who took money from Russia, took money from Turkey, then lied about it on federal security clearance forms, while entering Trump's administration. Included in that was a $600,000 contract with a lobbyist tied not only to the Turkish government but also Putin.

And this is the same Flynn who was fired by Obama, who warned Trump not to hire Flynn personally.

And, of course, this is the same Flynn who, when Yates broached the subject with Trump of FLynn's foreign dealings and lying about foreign dealings, was kept, but Yates was fired.

There is a zero percent chance a logical, rational defense can create distance between Trump and Flynn, especially in the subject of Russian collusion. But hey, maybe Flynn also just brought coffee?

- - - Updated - - -

Incidentally, the Ross thing -- having substantial fiscal dealings with Russia then hiding it while holding a federal post -- came from a huge info dump on international holdings. Basically, a lot of rich people hide money overseas. It's commonly accepted, and these papers all detail legally held funds.

But, the issue is when people are not just hiding the funds, and who the funds come from, but do so while holding a position in the federal government, and more to the point, holding a position that could directly benefit said holdings. Such as pushing for a low tax rate to push their overseas money back into the US while hardly paying taxes on it. That's corruption.

More on this as the situation develops. Most of the press is still looking at Flynn, but don't expect Ross to avoid the headlines completely.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    This is the same Flynn who followed Russian social media posts known to be false and retweeted them anyhow, while working in the Trump campaign.
    Don't forget his son who was one of the early-adopters of Pizzagate and also followed and retweeted Russian bots. Could be indicted at the same time which might be enough to get Flynn to flip.

Yes, this is a real thing. I've seen it in personi.
    I have a gut feeling that nine patties isn't going to be enough for every person Muller goes after lol.

Out of curiosity, who, and how? The only thing remotely like this suggestion is the white noise the GOP is making that Clinton and the DNC didn't violate any laws.
    Tony podesta didn't step down over nothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Quote Originally Posted by Ransath View Post
    Just as with the Manafort indictment, If Flynn is indicted it will have nothing - NOTHING - to do with Trump or the camaign. Flynn will be indicted for the same as Manafort, not registering as a forigen agent and not reporting his income correctly.

Trump is going to easily be reelected in 2020. He will not be impeached and removed. The only "taking back" has already occurred, when the REAL Americans took back control of this country by electing Trump.
    I'll say it again.

People like, you, the natives of Trump Island, need to build boats and leave. Things are not going well. The Ocean of Reality is rising to sink your island.
    Last edited by Skroe; 2017-11-05 at 10:38 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Just as with the Manafort indictment, If Flynn is indicted it will have nothing - NOTHING - to do with Trump or the camaign. Flynn will be indicted for the same as Manafort, not registering as a forigen agent and not reporting his income correctly.

Trump is going to easily be reelected in 2020. He will not be impeached and removed. The only "taking back" has already occurred, when the REAL Americans took back control of this country by electing Trump.
    You have no idea that the Manafort and Papadopolous charges have nothing to do with him. In addition to the financial papers that were leaked today that ties Wilbur Ross to a multi-billion dollar money laundering scheme in Cyprus and Vladimir Putin, that this entire charade of a campaign was one large concerted effort by foreign agents to destabilize the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Who could be after?
    IMO that's where things get really interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

@Breccia @Skroe https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/05/w...ss-russia.html

Why am I not surprised with this? Considering he was on the board for the Bank of Cyprus, now he didn't disclose his Russian ties either.

Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    You have no idea that the Manafort and Papadopolous charges have nothing to do with him. In addition to the financial papers that were leaked today that ties Wilbur Ross to a multi-billion dollar money laundering scheme in Cyprus and Vladimir Putin, that this entire charade of a campaign was one large concerted effort by foreign agents to destabilize the US.
    Well, the manafort charges aren't directly implicating trump. The papadopoulos affidavit doesn't either. You have to put them together with other evidence: the march meeting and subsequent elevation of papadopoulos, the lies about the meetings, the honesty about the meetings, the way way too much honesty about the meanings in the form of jr's emails, his actions vis a vis russia since he's been president, hiring flynn, keeping flynn after being warned, firing the person who warned him, firing the person investigating it, telling everyone why he fired the person investigating "that russian thing," and it just goes on and on...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Why am I not surprised with this?
    Well for one, Yates had to bring it to Trump's attention that Flynn was a blackmail target, or read another way, possible Russian agent. That, and he had to retroactively list himself as a foreign agent. That's nonstandard. Oh, and his short-ass time on the NSC.

The "surprise" was that, again assuming this scoop is correct, that Flynn's dealings go beyond "that's unethical and questionable" to "and it got him arrested". Lots of politicians and lots of rich people do lots of questionable things. Hell, that Ross guy, he would have been questioned for having an offshore account linked to Russians even if he was Just Some Guy. The problem is his position, tied with that. Flynn was not Just Some Guy, either, and there's a damn near zero percent chance anyone can claim he wasn't attached to foreign governments while working for Trump's campaign and later administration. That's why he was fired. By Trump.

Forgetting to put important Russian disclosures on security clearance forms sounds like one of those things that should be an instant game over. I mean, how do you "forget" you were taking money from Russia? But, that means Kushner'd be out too, and, well, I don't think the FBI is quite ready to go there, not for a form at least.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    Tony podesta didn't step down over nothing.
    True, but I'm still waiting for the part where Podesta was Clinton's campaign manager or on the NSC. In fact, what law is he suspected of breaking?

15+ Year Old Account
    Well, the manafort charges aren't directly implicating trump. The papadopoulos affidavit doesn't either. You have to put them together with other evidence: the march meeting and subsequent elevation of papadopoulos, the lies about the meetings, the honesty about the meetings, the way way too much honesty about the meanings in the form of jr's emails, his actions vis a vis russia since he's been president, hiring flynn, keeping flynn after being warned, firing the person who warned him, firing the person investigating it, telling everyone why he fired the person investigating "that russian thing," and it just goes on and on...
    That's the case Mueller is building. We won't think that the charges against Manafort have anything to do with the Trump campaign, but I believe Mueller is building a chronologically correct story that show premeditation years in advance.

True, but I'm still waiting for the part where Podesta was Clinton's campaign manager or on the NSC. In fact, what law is he suspected of breaking?
    Wasn't really talking about clinton specifically, but more democrats in general as this is what you were responding to:

Quote Originally Posted by Omega10 View Post
    The only consolation that Trump supporters MIGHT get out of this is that some democrats might get nailed along the way.

Think he's suspected of violating fara as well, no charges yet, but it's been reported that his is the lobbying firm mentioned in some of papadolpoulos' affidavits.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    That's the case Mueller is building. We won't think that the charges against Manafort have anything to do with the Trump campaign, but I believe Mueller is building a chronologically correct story that show premeditation years in advance.
    So do I, but at this point the link hasn't been made in the courts yet by mueller, so all we know from the charges is what's specifically in them, so they don't directly implicate trump, yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wasn't really talking about clinton
    No, but that's been the typical deflection most people who bring this up go for. Blatant Whataboutism. Besides the irony of Podesta being looked at because of Manafort, it's been otherwise "nothing about Manafort ties to Trump, but Clinton's campaign once hired a law firm that hired a PR group that hired Podesta that worked with Manafort that one time so Clinton is guilty of collusion!"

If he broke the law, fine him, jail him, whatever. I'd love to see the campaign finance rules enforced. But the entire Podesta thing has been deflectionbait since it reared its ugly head right about the time Manafort was put under house arrest, so until I see some kind of context that makes what Podesta did anywhere near what the official federal charges levied against Trump's campaign manager are, I'm just flat-out not impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    I'll say it again.

People like, you, the natives of Trump Island, need to build boats and leave. Things are not going well. The Ocean of Reality is rising to sink your island.
    Uh oh, someone call Whitefish!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    They have been tossed enough life rafts.
    Shhhhhhh. You'll ruin everything.

Trumpkins, pay no attention to that dingy of ours off the coast. It's there to help! To your life rafts! Quickly now! You'll be safe! Trust us!

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    They have been tossed enough life rafts.
    I mean, they don't deserve the life rafts. We can only toss so many while they continue to deny reality before we should say fuck it.

You're so adorable. Trump hires the people and even tries to stop the investigation, but he has no link to it at all. Nope, totally.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    After thinking "they" couldn't put any more nothing in this super huge nothing burger of an investigation they do! This freakin' nothing burger is HUGE!
    Remember all the stories and jokes about Bill Clinton’s love of burgers? Why didn’t anyone think of nothing burger then? Seems so obvious...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

@Skroe

What are the chances that Mueller already has Flynn or his son and they are cooperating like Papadopoulos did?
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    Those damn liberal colleges! Can you believe they brainwash people into thinking murder is wrong! And don't get me started with all that critical thinking bullshit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I'm being trickled on from above. Wait that's not money.